oneBoro Forum

Manchester United vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup 4th Round) 1-1 aet (Crooks) 7-8 penalties

The longer the game went on, the more they began to believe. We were outclassed for an hour but by the end we looked like a team and they looked like a collection of very talented individuals. Not sure of transfer fees, but I would bet eight or nine of that squad cost more than our full team and bench. Kept expecting the other alleged sex offender to pinch something at the end, so glad to see that honesty wins out over hype now and again. Fair play to Keane and Wright who said the truth. If you don't take your chances, then if you lose you can't moan. Would have liked to see someone other than the kid miss, but if he is good enough, he will get through it. Finally, nice for Dunc and Crooks to get goal. Would not have liked to see it awarded against us but happy to see it awarded against them. Easier home tie for next round though 🙂

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching Mark Goldbridge melt down over the game was pretty funny.

Watched the game with my girlfriend's brother .... We had 12 different aged rum bottles and hey ho hey ho here we go ...   Danish TV showed the game and it was fantastic!   I said early, tha

Still can't sleep. I said my bit before the game about how this could be another special moment, how this is everything football could be made for and I cannot say I was expecting anything like that t

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Agreed. Crooks apart from the goal misplaced and mistimed just about every pass/tackle going. Looked leggy all game too.

I like crooks but I agree, not his best game and he looked spent before his goal even. not many players get themselves on the scoresheet V man u at OT tho he'll be enjoying that and deservedly so.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Some personal highlights:

"One of the most shittest teams to come to Old Trafford and win."

"Congratz on going through with invalid goal Boro, enjoy that, Karma always takes back."

"Well done Boro for literally doing feck all. Can’t wait to see them get knocked out next round"

"Mattaface what a *** he can't hide is delight can he tosser next time he's on the radio I'm calling in a telling him he's a ***"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, boro-unger said:

"Congratz on going through with invalid goal Boro, enjoy that, Karma always takes back."

"Mattaface what a *** he can't hide is delight can he tosser next time he's on the radio I'm calling in a telling him he's a ***"

The post match thread has some doozies too

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-middlesbrough.468706/

"I hope that guy that handballed it gets two footed in the next round and his career is over, that would be justice the cheating poundland KDB looking piece of ***"

• Haha 2
  • Thanks 1

We’ve gone from players who were here on a big payday who appeared like they did not care for the club to Matty crooks  who was speechless at full time and tearing up ! What a signing that man has been! The good times are back. #fewpints utb 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We were bleeding awful, well below par and played far worse than is the norm expected under Wilder. Just as well really because I shudder to think what the poor Manure fans would have thought if we had played to our normal standards. To make things worse can you imagine the scenes in Derby just desperate for us to be tonked only to take it all the way and then end it with a victory in such dramatic fashion!

Tonight evidenced the best and worst of our performances all over the pitch. Crooks was great and yet he also was sloppy and gave the ball away instead of keeping his cool. Lumley was great and MOM for many and yet at the same time scared the living daylights out of us on a few occasions. Wilder could do worse than to sit down and say nothing and just let the Players watch the video on repeat. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times but importantly the Penalties were sublime!

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

"Well done Boro for literally doing feck all. Can’t wait to see them get knocked out next round"

They took it well then.