oneBoro Forum

Manchester United vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup 4th Round) 1-1 aet (Crooks) 7-8 penalties

Sorry, dident write during the game. Was at a party... sat in a corner by myself for 3 hours watching my phone drinking whiskey sours...

Very highly doubt they will invite me again lol....

Also "watching" a penalty shootout on livescore text is something else....

• Haha 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching Mark Goldbridge melt down over the game was pretty funny.

Watched the game with my girlfriend's brother .... We had 12 different aged rum bottles and hey ho hey ho here we go ...   Danish TV showed the game and it was fantastic!   I said early, tha

Still can't sleep. I said my bit before the game about how this could be another special moment, how this is everything football could be made for and I cannot say I was expecting anything like that t

Posted Images

On reflection, first half was poor were ran ragged, and gifted too many easy chances that they should have capitalised on and put the game to bed. Only really Tav and Howson in the game.  

Second half MUCH improved. More effort and drive, More pressing (Watmore key to this, been missing this in recent games) big performances from Fry and McNair. Jones more into the game. Just much better performance overall and grew in confidence. 

Want to give Lumley credit too. Seen him get lots of stick on here for the goal and the offside goal. The pass out to Fernandez etc BUT I thought he stood tall tonight. Did enough to unsettle Ronaldo for pen and for his one on one chance. Also did well in pens although not saving any he was close to a few of them and didn’t look as nervy as Henderson in my opinion.

overall great night… still a way off being a premier league team but like I said if it was a league game a 1-1 away at old Trafford I would take any day so we’ll done lads.

• Like 7
8 hours ago, White Band said:

I love the photo on the BBC website. Crooks looks like he's roaring like a Lion and Jones looks stunned at what they have just achieved. 

And Roy Kean with a face like a smacked bum

• Like 1

Superb result last night, as all of them put in a huge shift. Proud of them all, earned that.

I think if watmore hadn't of came on we would have of lost that as he pressed and hurried man u didn't let them just play out from the back, which meant we were picking up more balls as they were lumping it on occasion.

Special mention to Fry and mcnair thought they were excellent last night. It also proved Jones can do it just needs better decision making at times when he's in behind the opposition, he's young and will learn.

Lumley is a problem for me, if we do end up going up through the playoffs we can't keep him or any other keeper if that's the best as got. On another night we could have been another 3 goals down just on his mistakes, that makes defenders a bag of nerves instead of inspiring confidence (remember how dimi when he first came in after steele and made defenders more confident). Yes he made a few saves but they were straight at him.

• Like 1

Over the moon to have won that shootout in the way we did… I don’t think any of our penalties could have been better! A win is great but without wishing to sound negative I thought it emphasised our limitations as a football team and Lumley didn’t look remotely like saving any penalty. Sorry to be negative after a great win on paper! 

3 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Over the moon to have won that shootout in the way we did… I don’t think any of our penalties could have been better! A win is great but without wishing to sound negative I thought it emphasised our limitations as a football team and Lumley didn’t look remotely like saving any penalty. Sorry to be negative after a great win on paper! 

Yeah clearly a concern but we see that so I think CW will see the same.

The fact that cleary Connolly abstained from taking a penalty (though he probably would have been next) shows CW needs to nurture the lad as he is not a goal scorer.

I am now at a stage whereby I really wish it could gel for him and we see what CW sees in him. Project Love Connolly!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Spot on it is up to players and Manager to represent Middlesbrough and all of her fans in the very bestway possible.

I just want to be proud of the club even if we go out, give it a go and see where the sticks fall.

Shocks do happen!

Oh DS you wise old owl you did it again!

Special mention to Bamba and Peltier no-one expected you both to take such good penalties well apart from me as I am a wise old owl.

Now what to do with a Saturday free from all things bright and borofull

Wakawakawoo!

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Neither keeper was any better or worse than the other during the penalties.

• Like 2

Hmm sorry about that thought all pens would be shown.

Two observations those happy smiling Man Utd fans faces in the first half!

Second and mentioned by Boro forum members....................................How?

• Like 1

That was a bloody good result wasn't it! ❤

Rode our luck first half a bit, but to take a full strength United to a penalty shootout isn’t half bad.

Most of the team were brilliant, Tav, Fry and Howson in particular and of course Watmore coming on really changed the game. I'd also like the give Sporar a mention, he held the ball up well at times considering he was up against Maguire and Varane for most of the night.

• Like 2