oneBoro Forum

Manchester United vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup 4th Round) 1-1 aet (Crooks) 7-8 penalties

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching Mark Goldbridge melt down over the game was pretty funny.

Watched the game with my girlfriend's brother .... We had 12 different aged rum bottles and hey ho hey ho here we go ...   Danish TV showed the game and it was fantastic!   I said early, tha

Still can't sleep. I said my bit before the game about how this could be another special moment, how this is everything football could be made for and I cannot say I was expecting anything like that t

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

That was a bloody good result wasn't it! ❤

Rode our luck first half a bit, but to take a full strength United to a penalty shootout isn’t half bad.

Most of the team were brilliant, Tav, Fry and Howson in particular and of course Watmore coming on really changed the game. I'd also like the give Sporar a mention, he held the ball up well at times considering he was up against Maguire and Varane for most of the night.

Also wish to concur with @Borodane Spense was immence😀

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Is Wilder starting to trust Payero? Thought he looked good when he came on again. 

Probably also that Payero is starting to adjust to playing English football and getting used to his team mates. Give him a few more games and we'll hopefully start to see the best of him.

• Like 3

Just spent a long while reading the comments after the report on the BBC site. Over 2700 so took a while. Lot of them from obvious idiots but just as many saying results like that are what makes the game special and when we get fans of LUFC and Sunlun saying how much they were cheering us on, it goes to show that to many, "rivalries" are things that can be seen past when something special happens. Well done lads. Hope you all got through it Ok and you get some sort of result against QPR. Don't think anybody was wanting despite a few shaky moments and although Lumley had a couple of moments, there were other occasions where his willingness to come off the line and risk being clouted made a difference and good positioning meant he was in the right place to block and tip over. Didn't take any crap from the winker CR37 and made sure that ref was informed about the sly afters. Don't know if I have just noticed, but seemed to be more vocal last night and thought that helped ..  hope there are a few other shocks and that the Pools have a day to remember or at least a good game)                     UTB 

• Like 2

Also would like to make a special mention of Bamba, Peltier and Fry. Not players I would have thought as being penalty takers but looked at ease at sure of themselves right through process. Would use that sequence as a way of letting kids know how to handle the situation. Don't try to be clever, just give it some welly and aim for the side. If keeper reaches it, fair enough and if not, job done 

• Like 8

Hopefully we can get a home draw as the 5th round ties are played midweek. Thankfully the we got Barnsley away the Saturday, then a cup game and then Luton at home.

Fingers crossed for a home tie so less travel and we can pack the riverside out.

• Like 1

What a result last night. I actually felt confident we would win pre game but not in the way we did having been battered for the best part of an hour. I think the term rode our luck springs to mind for last night. Bar Payeros, our penalties were unstoppable. I did not expect Peltier and Bamba to be so composed with their penalties.

I think we got a bit of a reality check of playing out from the back (albeit got away with it) for if we do manage to get promoted. I also think we were very fortunate with our goal I know the rule says it was a correct decision but I would have been annoyed/gutted if that was against us.

I think Fry and McNair were superb at the back and I even think Watmore and Connolly worked well together up front. I think its encouraging to see we held our own after half time despite United looking the real deal in the first half.

I was also amazed how many excuses were made on their behalf ie the winter break being one despite United technically should have been fresher. 

Double is still on. I hope Chris Rea and Bob Mortimer are ready to write a Lets Dance 22 version.

• Like 4

for the goal i actually thought i was clearly accidental but still thought var would screw us. if it was other way round i was thinking it would be given. to my surprise the officials were not corrupt at all. 

• Like 4

As usual I'm late but...

I wish to register a complaint!

Why do Boro give the ball away so many times from throw ins? My Gosh! Time after time they lost possession from a throw in and yet continued with the same flawed throw ins often throwing the ball tight down the line to a player under pressure and losing the ball. How hard can this be? You can literally throw the ball to a team mate. For Gosh sakes! Move, make some space and keep the ball for at least one pass now and again. Please!

Boro. Please work on throw ins and do try some movement and keeping possession at least once in a match. Please!

Other than that. What a match for drama! But I agree with the comments about the chasm between the teams especially in the first half and this must be a warning of things to come, if we're lucky to be facing Premiership opposition weekly. Amazed that we weren't 4-0 down at half time and this was very close to being a complete embarrassment but that's footie and I'll take the goal without complaint as if them's the rules, then them's the rules.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Hmm sorry about that thought all pens would be shown.

Two observations those happy smiling Man Utd fans faces in the first half!

Second and mentioned by Boro forum members....................................How?

Indeed.

I just watched the highlights vid on the BBC site and can't get over how lucky we were with United hitting the woodwork twice and CR7 missing that penalty.

Wilder was right - we certainly rode our luck. But having said that, I think we earned that luck second half.

I was reading the Have Your Say comment section on the BBC match article and agree with the posters who said that with the team Utd put out they should have had the game won in the first half.

I also pointed out that Ronaldo's wages alone would pay our entire first team squad. 😯

It was also hilarious reading comments (presumably from bitter Derby fans) saying they were happy United lost, but couldn't be happy for Boro because of what we're doing to their club.

Also some halfwits still arguing our goal shouldn't have stood due to Watmore's handball. 🤦‍♂️

Anyone got any links to a photo gallery of our players celebrating with our fans please? I seen odd photo here and there but not a full gallery.

Also I spotted all our players post match but cant see Sporar or Balogun involved?