Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Manchester United vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup 4th Round) 1-1 aet (Crooks) 7-8 penalties


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching Mark Goldbridge melt down over the game was pretty funny.

Watched the game with my girlfriend's brother .... We had 12 different aged rum bottles and hey ho hey ho here we go ...   Danish TV showed the game and it was fantastic!   I said early, tha

Still can't sleep. I said my bit before the game about how this could be another special moment, how this is everything football could be made for and I cannot say I was expecting anything like that t

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Naisby said:

That lad stood up in front of 75k spectators and umpteen Million  viewers world wide to take a sudden death penalty, so what that he missed, Im sure that most of the folk giving him grief wouldn’t have the guts to do that whether paid to or not.

And if Ronaldo hadn’t missed his pen in normal time, it wouldn’t have even been a shootout, yet they have a go at the teenager? 

It’s almost as though there’s another reason. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

And if Ronaldo hadn’t missed his pen in normal time, it wouldn’t have even been a shootout, yet they have a go at the teenager? 

It’s almost as though there’s another reason. 

Yeah it’s because they are morons. There’s always been a section of football fans that like to single out players to blame I remember so call fans hanging effigies of Beckham from lampposts after he got sent off in 98

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ABH said:

Yeah it’s because they are morons. There’s always been a section of football fans that like to single out players to blame I remember so call fans hanging effigies of Beckham from lampposts after he got sent off in 98

yes they were booing him all round the country in the league to. shocking really, he was just a young lad and passion got the better of him. shows you his strength of character though. never bothered him at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how it uses that title for the song but we haven't ever sung it that way for as long as I've been a Boro fan. Feels like we're one of the only teams who sings it the way we do, can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I like how it uses that title for the song but we haven't ever sung it that way for as long as I've been a Boro fan. Feels like we're one of the only teams who sings it the way we do, can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.

Glad you sad that, because I was genuinely questioning myself there and thought I'd just been singing the wrong words to "our" version for years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I like how it uses that title for the song but we haven't ever sung it that way for as long as I've been a Boro fan. Feels like we're one of the only teams who sings it the way we do, can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.

Our version is the finest version in football, the world has even heard

  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Will said:

Nice to see Wilder place a lot of faith in Payero last night, and his involvement in the celebrations after. Told ya @Changing Times😉

What faith would that be, Will?  He didn't start him again.  He brought him on with 12 mins to go because Crooks was absolutely knackered.  The only options were him and Boyd-Munce, who is even further away from starting than Payero is.  If McGree had been available then I don't think Payero would have even seen the field.  You have faith in Payero certainly, I don't know if that is shared in the club.  We'll know if he starts actually playing though I suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What faith would that be, Will?  He didn't start him again.  He brought him on with 12 mins to go because Crooks was absolutely knackered.  The only options were him and Boyd-Munce, who is even further away from starting than Payero is.  If McGree had been available then I don't think Payero would have even seen the field.  You have faith in Payero certainly, I don't know if that is shared in the club.  We'll know if he starts actually playing though I suppose.

Just a joke mate.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

What faith would that be, Will?  He didn't start him again.  He brought him on with 12 mins to go because Crooks was absolutely knackered.  The only options were him and Boyd-Munce, who is even further away from starting than Payero is.  If McGree had been available then I don't think Payero would have even seen the field.  You have faith in Payero certainly, I don't know if that is shared in the club.  We'll know if he starts actually playing though I suppose.

He trusted him to take a penalty in the shootout, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

He trusted him to take a penalty in the shootout, though.

Did he or did he just ask them who fancied taking one, and the penalty takers were selected that way?  Fry took one of the first five I think?  But our two strikers didn't, which seems odd if it's based on that.  I dunno mate, I just have a feeling that when McGree arrives then Payero will be down to fifth in the pecking order.  I hope I'm wrong cos I don't think we've given him anything like enough of a chance so far.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Delighted that we absolutely battered Man U on Friday. We were superior in every way and I can’t believe that some on here think that we were lucky 🍀 

Shame on you all

 

@Downsouth I’m trying to force the debate to beat the Brighton thread 😜

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...