oneBoro Forum

Manchester United vs Middlesbrough (FA Cup 4th Round) 1-1 aet (Crooks) 7-8 penalties

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watching Mark Goldbridge melt down over the game was pretty funny.

Watched the game with my girlfriend's brother .... We had 12 different aged rum bottles and hey ho hey ho here we go ...   Danish TV showed the game and it was fantastic!   I said early, tha

Still can't sleep. I said my bit before the game about how this could be another special moment, how this is everything football could be made for and I cannot say I was expecting anything like that t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Naisby said:

It has been known for me to unfollow my wife when we have had a disagreement. 😅

Followed up with a flame war before bedtime...last one to fall asleep is the winner? 😁

13 hours ago, Brunners said:

i've never booed a boro player at a game. connolly wouldnt get that treatment off me either. tbh i'd try and support the lad at the game because, hes clearly struggling a needs all he can get. i'm not convinced hes good enough and been quite vocal about it on here. hopefully he doesnt read it eh lol. 

when he came on he did have another moment were i was astonished by him. even dixon mentioned it in commentary. high ball came down under him no man u player within 10 yards and he tried to lay it off but the ball went straight to utd player. dixon said what i was thinking 'why didnt he bring it down/control it'. answer is simple hes totally out of his depth. i feel sorry for him now, not even angry about swapping him for uche and taking Watmore's spot in the team. just hope wilder does not perceiver with him to long if he continues to struggle.  because it might start costing us points.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Dynamo Kev said:

i've never booed a boro player at a game. connolly wouldnt get that treatment off me either. tbh i'd try and support the lad at the game because, hes clearly struggling a needs all he can get. i'm not convinced hes good enough and been quite vocal about it on here. hopefully he doesnt read it eh lol. 

when he came on he did have another moment were i was astonished by him. even dixon mentioned it in commentary. high ball came down under him no man u player within 10 yards and he tried to lay it off but the ball went straight to utd player. dixon said what i was thinking 'why didnt he bring it down/control it'. answer is simple hes totally out of his depth. i feel sorry for him now, not even angry about swapping him for uche and taking Watmore's spot in the team. just hope wilder does not perceiver with him to long if he continues to struggle.  because it might start costing us points.

I think its times like this you get to see what the lad is made of. Hopefully Wilder takes him out of the spotlight for now, and maybe uses him as an impact* sub. It's a lot of pressure for him, as we are chasing promotion.

The stick probably started with the press asking the question after 3 games which has most likely highlighted the situation more to the fans. 

I'm willing to give him my support, but right now I'd prefer Balogun up top with Sporar, even watmore is ahead of him in the impact sub role at the moment.

*think he needs to gain confidence, and if he can come on and have a good game, it would boost his confidence. 

• Like 1
On 2/7/2022 at 11:36 PM, AnglianRed said:

Well on one hand it doesn't say much for you as a player.

On the other hand it may have been a shrewd move. As it turned out all our takers did the business.

Imagine if Connolly had done an Elanga and handed the win to United...

Or maybe Connelly said he'd wait till the very end as he knows the pressure goes up then at sudden death and was generously giving our defenders the easier spot kicks. Unlikely due to his spot kick history, but...

I guess we'll never know. I seem to remember a certain Jordan Rhodes not taking a peno for us when he could have, a bit limiting to think strikers must be up first or take a peno at all. It's a team game after all. 

Edited by HolgateHero
  • Like 2