oneBoro Forum

Play-Off Rivals/Contenders

7 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Meh, George Camsell scored 59 in a season when most teams played a 1-6-3 formation, and offside wasn't a thing.

No wonder games were so high scoring back then.

I'd say Mitro's record is more impressive.

It might indeed be more impressive but it still isn't a record.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything's going a bit too well 

Ever since the Pally fanny incident our luck has turned.

Ah those infamous Russian honey traps 😉

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Meh, George Camsell scored 59 in a season when most teams played a 1-6-3 formation, and offside wasn't a thing.

No wonder games were so high scoring back then.

I'd say Mitro's record is more impressive.

Offside has been a thing since 1863, it used to be even more strict.

But if you want to ignore matches before the war, Derek Dooley scored 46 in 1952/53.

His record is less impressive because he's scored significantly fewer goals in significantly more games.

43 goals in 43* games is not better than 59 in 37.

We just need to do our part and beat Preston. Then what happens elsewhere happens. We could finish 5th if both Luton and Sheffield lose on the final game. 🤞

• Like 2

Saturday I would say the pressure is equal on all 3 sides, everyone knows what's required, one of my biggest worries is now Fulham have won the league does Silva give some of the fringe players a run out rather than play a full strength side it may happen.

Never mind pressure on the 3 sides what about us lot the fans I'm bricking it now. 

I know nobody else is actually as bothered by it as me, but here's the actual record table that Sky showed a few weeks back and are now ignoring:

20220502_213844.thumb.jpg.d1175e4ee62447a8057373c31de487c4.jpg

Mitrovic is now up to 5th.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Johnmfc81 said:

We just need to do our part and beat Preston. Then what happens elsewhere happens. We could finish 5th if both Luton and Sheffield lose on the final game. 🤞

100% this. The final table won't lie. If we win and get in, we will have deserved it. Should be an exciting last day.

What on earth happened to Luton?? I hope it doesn't mean that they play better at the weekend... (not that I expect them to drop points against Reading anyway).  Hope Fulham are still hungry for goals when they play Sheffield. 

Luton's loan keeper will have had time to get used to the squad before their next game, which unfortunately will help them.

All of the above is, of course, totally irrelevant unless we manage to win on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, Magebane said:

According to their fans, Luton are tired, leggy and have loads of injuries. 

A bonus that they've played 2 days later than everyone else too, so they have less recovery time.

• Like 1

I dont think Silva will rest players. Had they been playing a team with nothing to play for he probably would have but I think he and his club know the importance of they game v Sheff Utd and will respect the integrity of the league.

They've also got one last record* to chase.

The most goals scored in a 46 game season in the second tier is 108 by Man City in 2001/02, Fulham are on 106 goals.

*The actual all time record is 122 goals by Middlesbrough in 1926/27, but Sky won't care about that one.

• Haha 3