oneBoro Forum

Play-Off Rivals/Contenders

As has been said we need to focus on putting in a good performance ourselves v Preston and trying to score 2 or 3 goals. Then what will be will with the other 2 games. 

Sky keeping saying Millwall are in it but they own task is huge and on top of that achieving the unrealistic themselves, they then need 3 teams to flop above them. That is asking for too much.

Its 2 out of 3 for me. Take care of business ourselves and the rest should take care of itself imho.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything's going a bit too well 

Ever since the Pally fanny incident our luck has turned.

Ah those infamous Russian honey traps 😉

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

As has been said we need to focus on putting in a good performance ourselves v Preston and trying to score 2 or 3 goals. Then what will be will with the other 2 games. 

Sky keeping saying Millwall are in it but they own task is huge and on top of that achieving the unrealistic themselves, they then need 3 teams to flop above them. That is asking for too much.

Its 2 out of 3 for me. Take care of business ourselves and the rest should take care of itself imho.

They only need 2 teams to flop, not 3. They are very much in the mix. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, White Band said:

What on earth happened to Luton?? I hope it doesn't mean that they play better at the weekend... (not that I expect them to drop points against Reading anyway).  Hope Fulham are still hungry for goals when they play Sheffield. 

Luton's loan keeper will have had time to get used to the squad before their next game, which unfortunately will help them.

All of the above is, of course, totally irrelevant unless we manage to win on Saturday. 

Even if they draw we have a better GD than Luton so we have two chances with them.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Who scored 59? I thought the record was Guy Whittingham with 42 back in 92/93?

Call yourself a Middlesbrough fan?

11 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Meh, George Camsell scored 59 in a season when most teams played a 1-6-3 formation, and offside wasn't a thing.

No wonder games were so high scoring back then.

I'd say Mitro's record is more impressive.

That's why Camsell is 13 goals ahead of anybody who has ever played in the second tier, next closest player even from a similar era is 14 goals behind. Camsell's is significantly more impressive than Mitrovic's, give your head a wobble.

13 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Haven’t they rested players today so that it will be a stronger team next week?

That would be the most sensible thing to do, take the hit today knowing all is still in your own hands hwoever the score line could possibly damage the "cunning plan"

Oh and do they have another keepr they can use?😉

19 minutes ago, Will said:

That's why Camsell is 13 goals ahead of anybody who has ever played in the second tier, next closest player even from a similar era is 14 goals behind. Camsell's is significantly more impressive than Mitrovic's, give your head a wobble.

Its all relative to the era i think so its hard to extrapolate across the years. Camsell's was insane. Think he scored 9 or 10 hatricks that season, but Mitros record for the modern day game is pretty frightening in its own respect in how good that is. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Its all relative to the era i think so its hard to extrapolate across the years. Camsell's was insane. Think he scored 9 or 10 hatricks that season, but Mitros record for the modern day game is pretty frightening in its own respect in how good that is. 

It's a brilliant tally, but the standard 30 years ago was completely different to today too and they were happy to compare it.

So at what point does 1992 stop being classed as the modern day game and get treated as irrelevant?

12 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's a brilliant tally, but the standard 30 years ago was completely different to today too and they were happy to compare it.

So at what point does 1992 stop being classed as the modern day game and get treated as irrelevant?

That's why i said its hard to compare across the years. Not sure you can draw a line with much conviction really they all seem to be pretty respectable in their own right

26 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

It is all relative, and I agree that Mitrovic's record is phenomenal. I was responding to a comment playing down Camsell's achievement on the basis that defences were worse and teams played incredibly attacking formations back then, the fact nobody from his era was even remotely close to Camsell says that this can't really be used to play it down.

• Like 2

In Camsell's era they wore big tackety boots kicking around sodden wet, bladder inflated, laced, leather Caseys. Breaking a Players leg in a tackle received a mere ticking off from the Ref and no Subs were allowed. Heading a ball in wet conditions then was like heading a bag of cement. The Keepers used to wear woolly roll neck jumpers, peaky blinder style caps, leant against the uprights smoking Woodbines, flicking them into the back of the net when the opposition attacked then went to retrieve it when the Goal Kick was taken. Mitrovic wouldn't know what hit him if he had to play in those conditions, it's also very probable however that Camsell would have been blowing out of his backside after 30 minutes of the modern game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
15 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Cornick is sat on the bench.  I’m pretty sure they have rested a couple here, and they’ll be back for the Reading game. Obviously they are still dealing with injuries like. 

Cornick is one of the injured players.

Though he might well be deemed fit for Reading.

13 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Meh, George Camsell scored 59 in a season when most teams played a 1-6-3 formation, and offside wasn't a thing.

No wonder games were so high scoring back then.

I'd say Mitro's record is more impressive.

how many games did they play back then as well

12 hours ago, Smoggy-in-VA said:

100% this. The final table won't lie. If we win and get in, we will have deserved it. Should be an exciting last day.

table was always full of *** according to woodgate

• Haha 2