oneBoro Forum

Play-Off Rivals/Contenders

Thanks guys, your local Town fan, back before getting too inebriated. In response to some comments, and these are only my views. Yes we were rubbish first half, could have been three down, but we do have an ace keeper. Carlos to me set it up wrong at the back, Hogg doesn't belong there, Russell played like he'd got headlights in his eyes all the time, Holmes ineffective, him and Sinani knocked off the ball too easy all the time.

Second half, we weren't considerably better, but were better. One header disallowed, a stonewall penalty that the ref didn't even acknowledge or question, and that Rhodes goal. He's a good lad Jordan, always scored well for us, and with Danny Ward now injured, it's a good job.

As for Sorba Thomas, well I've now forgiven you for taking him out at the Boro game where he picked up his injury. No you weren't dirty, just taking no prisoners. This lad from Boreham Wood, as has been mentioned, has one hell of a wicked delivery.

On to Wembley, where of course everyone expects, and if you're a pundit wants Nottingham Forest to win. Who knows? I went last time, and with the kick off at 4pm, simply can't afford it this time. I'll be in the local Bowling Club watching it. All the best, to both our teams for next season, whatever division we're in. Mine, has done us proud this season, whatever the outcome

• Like 6
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything's going a bit too well 

Ever since the Pally fanny incident our luck has turned.

Ah those infamous Russian honey traps 😉

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Shame we couldn't of had Jones and Spence doing what Spence and Johnson are doing down the right hand side😔

But where would Connoly have played? Come on mate. You can't have everything. 

• Haha 1

Happy for either Huddersfield or Forest to go up. Huddersfield as be nice to see another Northern team in PL.

Forest as be nice to see a different team in PL than the usual. Plus Forest being there drives up Spences fee as they will definitely be interested.

Other benefit of Forest going up is if they dont make PL this time I can still see them being a force in this league next season.

I am less sure if Huddersfield (like Luton) can repeat this seasons achievements again next season.

So Forest from a boro self-interest view.

7 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Fair play to Djed for not reacting. Embarrassing from Heckingbottom. Lost his head.

I think to be fair, Spence has got every reason to be pretty chill about the whole thing. He knows he's winning that fight just by laughing about it.

Can understand his teammates butting in from seeing it but Djed is clearly alright, they're 2 in front in the tie, and he's absolutely riled the opposition manager into essentially attacking him.

I know Djed is okay so he obviously hasn't hit him that hard but I'm not sure how it's only a yellow card to be honest, he's clearly gone in to leave one on Djed intentionally, he's instigated the problem, he should be off the sideline in my opinion.

Pathetic from Heckingbottom. I know we all find time wasting frustrating when we're the losing side but we couldn't give a toss when we're winning and I'm sure Heckingbottom wouldn't give a toss if he was 3-1 up and his throw-ins were taking forever. It's just not a good enough excuse.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Happy for either Huddersfield or Forest to go up. Huddersfield as be nice to see another Northern team in PL.

Nottingham isn't in the North.

I’m kind of hoping Forest lose out. They aren’t flush with cash and are losing some important players without getting fees in Spence, Garner and Zinkernagel. Also I can’t see them holding on to Johnson but he will fetch them a decent fee. Big rebuild required for next season. And Sheffield still have parachute money while having a decent team so could very well be a tougher opponent next season. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Nottingham isn't in the North.

I know. It was Huddersfield I said were Northern. My reasons for Forest was not they geographical basis.

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I’m kind of hoping Forest lose out. They aren’t flush with cash and are losing some important players without getting fees in Spence, Garner and Zinkernagel. Also I can’t see them holding on to Johnson but he will fetch them a decent fee. Big rebuild required for next season. And Sheffield still have parachute money while having a decent team so could very well be a tougher opponent next season. 

Same. I reckon if they go up they'd try and get Spence on the cheap because he wants to go there, whereas if they stay down he'll wanna go to the Prem