oneBoro Forum

Play-Off Rivals/Contenders

Some bloke in his early 30s attacks a football player during a pitch invasion of thousands of people and it's all about entitlement and not being beaten as a child at school? Christ alive.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything's going a bit too well 

Ever since the Pally fanny incident our luck has turned.

Ah those infamous Russian honey traps 😉

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

You honestly think beating school kids is the way to go? It’s got nothing to do with the school. Raising a child is the parents job not the school. Beating a child is just proof of a small, disgusting human being that shouldn’t be allowed around children let alone being a parent. 

If you all you get out of that was that I am somehow in favour of beating kids then it has obviously sailed over your head. 

• Like 3
Just now, Blanco said:

If people think that discipline is all about beating up children then I despair for the world 🤦‍♂️ 

RR brought up the point of the slipper or the cane at school being 'deemed' an abuse of his human rights as if that is a problem. Nobody is having trouble understanding discipline here, it's what RR constitutes as valid discipline that's the issue. The rest of the point he's making is entirely undermined by the idea that physical abuse is in any way a valid form of disciplining a child.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

RR brought up the point of the slipper or the cane at school being 'deemed' an abuse of his human rights as if that is a problem. Nobody is having trouble understanding discipline here, it's what RR constitutes as valid discipline that's the issue. The rest of the point he's making is entirely undermined by the idea that physical abuse is in any way a valid form of disciplining a child.

I’m going to have to read back on the thread then. I certainly don’t think that was his main point

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Some bloke in his early 30s attacks a football player during a pitch invasion of thousands of people and it's all about entitlement and not being beaten as a child at school? Christ alive.

Every generation has (and will continue to have) an undesirable element that cause and provoke trouble and disrespect others for a multitude of reasons. 80 or even 90 per cent of society fortunately grow up behaving themselves and go on to be productive members of society, maybe the figures even higher at 95%.

My issue is that the 5, 10 or 15% or so that don't wish to behave responsibly have gradually become more confident in the extremes that they go to because there is nothing that they see as a deterrent. As a consequence the levels of abuse they go to (or sink to) is getting worse not getting better for example knife crime where kids are dying on our streets in ever increasing numbers.

A kid carrying a knife to school was an extreme shock some years back now it's just classed as something that goes on. Gangs of kids would play knock a door run now it's throwing bricks through pensioner's windows and heaven help them if they complain to the Police because then their lives will really be made hell. Maybe that seems tolerable to many on here but it isn't and won't be to me, never was and never will be.

History has shown us that every generation has had apologists or those that look the other way. Over the last few decades the lack of law and order in society has emboldened those few at the expense of the many. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The ones that were allowed to go through school without any discipline and whose parents don't know the meaning of the word. It doesn't apply to all of course as the majority of people are still decent, respectful human beings but the ones who get away with everything and anything day after day and still do. Forty, fifty and upwards previous offences, £50 fine and don't do it again.

Just as local examples, the ones that terrorise Estates in gangs (Hemlington, Berwick Hills, Pallister Park etc. etc.) with impunity whose parents either don't care or simply condone their behaviour because it's only kids having a bit of fun terrorising the odd pensioner or immigrant family etc. etc. aided and abetted by the Police, Politicians, Councillors and Courts who do absolutely nothing.

Then we have the Police sitting behind bushes catching speeding motorists in Redcar on the Trunk Road (not condoning speeding by the way) on "safety" grounds" when there are incidents a hundred yards away several times a day every single day in Dormo of lads riding stolen Motorbikes up and down 30 mph streets performing wheelies with no insurance, no helmets and at twice the speed limit with a blind eye from authorities. That generation and their Parents generation. 

Sounds like you've got some chip on your shoulder about my generation and younger generations, definitely gives off old man yelling at cloud vibes.

Your point about children not receiving discpline is odd, most parents will discipline their children if they do something wrong, it just may not be physical (as it should be, you should never hit a child). Multiple studies have proven that physical punishment can lead to increased aggression, antisocial behavior, physical injury and mental health problems for children.

Your point about the police is also more reflective of the government we've had for 12 years than the young generation themselves. There have been numerous cuts to policing services by them and they are extremely underfunded, nothing to do with a generation.

Child poverty levels have increased massively for my generation and the generation below me, and it's been proven that the majority of violent crimes are a direct cause of poverty. You should be angry at the clowns running the country for the past 12 years and beyond, not the generations who suffer the consequences

• Like 2

Just to be clear disciplining Children doesn't involve beating them with a stick. it's providing them with a role model, teaching them right from wrong, what is acceptable and what isn't acceptable. Nowhere have I advocated nor would I ever suggest giving Children a good hiding is what they need, all that does is teach them that abuse and bullying. Having "consequences" does not mean physical assault. 

Talk about Chinese Whispers!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

A kid carrying a knife to school was an extreme shock some years back now it's just classed as something that goes on. Gangs of kids would play knock a door run now it's throwing bricks through pensioner's windows and heaven help them if they complain to the Police because then their lives will really be made hell. Maybe that seems tolerable to many on here but it isn't and won't be to me, never was and never will be.

History has shown us that every generation has had apologists or those that look the other way. Over the last few decades the lack of law and order in society has emboldened those few at the expense of the many. 

Where on earth are you getting the idea that this is tolerable to anybody on here?

People are criticising your point of aiming this at generations, as if any other generation is better. Your point about deterrent would be fine if it wasn't emblazoned with the crest of 'teachers stopped beating children so kids do what they want'. That's how you aimed that point at generations, as if those problems don't apply to generations that did receive that. Don't put that misinterpretation on anybody else, you made those points and are validly being called up on it.

Discipline is fine, parents or teachers being backed to harm kids as a preventative solution is barbaric.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Where on earth are you getting the idea that this is tolerable to anybody on here?

People are criticising your point of aiming this at generations, as if any other generation is better. Your point about deterrent would be fine if it wasn't emblazoned with the crest of 'teachers stopped beating children so kids do what they want'. That's how you aimed that point at generations, as if those problems don't apply to generations that did receive that. Don't put that misinterpretation on anybody else, you made those points and are validly being called up on it.

Discipline is fine, parents or teachers being backed to .

"harm kids as a preventative solution is barbaric" 

I think you are getting carried away now!

10 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Your point about the police is also more reflective of the government we've had for 12 years than the young generation themselves. There have been numerous cuts to policing services by them and they are extremely underfunded, nothing to do with a generation.

Child poverty levels have increased massively for my generation and the generation below me, and it's been proven that the majority of violent crimes are a direct cause of poverty. You should be angry at the clowns running the country for the past 12 years and beyond, not the generations who suffer the consequences

Fully agree with all of that especially the Clowns running the Country!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Will said:

Just going to leave this here. Apologies that the figures don't quite stretch to today.

image.png.64a28730a2763bac9e3508308410f8b7.png

Or it doesn't get reported anymore / dealt with by the police.  My wife works in a school and has worked in some utter rough ones.  I can assure that a good amount of parents do not give a flying jeff about their kids and what they get upto, kids that get disciplined in school for bad behaviour then go home, twist it, then it's the schools fault.  My wife has been confronted by idiotic parents that threaten the teachers as the dickhead parents don't think that little johnny was wrong for being a total c**t.

There has been a weird stake in the ground at some point where kids do have more control, I know as I have witnessed it first hand.  The amount of crap that goes on is mental, teachers need to log certain behaviours to build cases against families that just don't give a crap, I'm talking about 6 year olds that are just allowed to play out till 10pm, stuff I cannot repeat and there is stuff I'm just not allowed to know.

There has been a real weird shift in general with how much kids do not give a crap.

I hope that *** from Forest gets banned from every football ground in the country. sent to prison and all that.  Hate seeing idiots like this, maybe someone should smack the crap out of him.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

If you all you get out of that was that I am somehow in favour of beating kids then it has obviously sailed over your head. 

I was simply responding to your point about removing the slipper and cane from schools and how that removal was a violation of your human rights. I thought you were quite clear that you supported that kind of discipline. 

19 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I was simply responding to your point about removing the slipper and cane from schools and how that removal was a violation of your human rights. I thought you were quite clear that you supported that kind of discipline. 

Talk about being misquoted, now I know how Gibbo felt over his smash the League comment!

I never once mentioned "slipper or cane". I used the word "Discipline" not "Corporal Punishment". There is a very clear and distinct difference. Had I wanted to say that they needed a damn good thrashing and twelve of the best then that is what I would have said, all that teaches is resentment not respect and that the way to get what you want is to abuse someone weaker than you.