oneBoro Forum

Play-Off Rivals/Contenders

47 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Or it doesn't get reported anymore / dealt with by the police.  My wife works in a school and has worked in some utter rough ones.  I can assure that a good amount of parents do not give a flying jeff about their kids and what they get upto, kids that get disciplined in school for bad behaviour then go home, twist it, then it's the schools fault.  My wife has been confronted by idiotic parents that threaten the teachers as the dickhead parents don't think that little johnny was wrong for being a total c**t.

There has been a weird stake in the ground at some point where kids do have more control, I know as I have witnessed it first hand.  The amount of crap that goes on is mental, teachers need to log certain behaviours to build cases against families that just don't give a crap, I'm talking about 6 year olds that are just allowed to play out till 10pm, stuff I cannot repeat and there is stuff I'm just not allowed to know.

There has been a real weird shift in general with how much kids do not give a crap.

I hope that *** from Forest gets banned from every football ground in the country. sent to prison and all that.  Hate seeing idiots like this, maybe someone should smack the crap out of him.

I feel thats the flip side of the argument that doesn't get the coverage it deserves. To be honest I'm amazed that anyone would want to be a teacher these days, given the minefields they have to negotiate on a daily basis.

Out of control kids and crimes committed by teenagers / adolescents do seem to have been on an upward curve for the last couple of decades. Knife crime and general anti-social behaviour in particular.

As far as I'm concerned we're reaping the whirlwind for giving in to stupid bleeding heart liberals who don't believe in punishing kids. Because of a small proportion of adults who did actually abuse children, it was decided to use a sledgehammer to crack a walnut.

But guess what - if you've been following the news, you'll have noticed there is still a small proportion of unfit parents who abuse (and in extreme cases even kill) children they are supposed to be caring for. So that really worked out well...

Don't know if its related but there also seems to have been a corresponding rise in "snowflakiness" among kids, who can't face going going to school, exam stress, doing sports, bullying and other things we used to consider as just part of normal life (not condoning bullying at all - just saying we used to find ways to deal with it - including fighting back). I mean even just using the internet / social media can apparently be incredibly traumatic now... 🤷‍♂️

So on the one hand you've got unfit parents who don't give a crap about their kids and are likely criminally inclined themselves. At the other end of the spectrum you've got parents who wrap their kids in cotton wool and don't teach them how to deal with adversity. Then somewhere in the middle you've got the ones that actually do a good job...

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 4
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything's going a bit too well 

Ever since the Pally fanny incident our luck has turned.

Ah those infamous Russian honey traps 😉

Posted Images

Considering its importance to society, I have never quite understood why schools concentrate wholly on preparing kids for work and almost totally ignore providing with the skills required to be a good parent. Might not be a magic wand but giving them an idea of problems that can arise could only help. 

1 hour ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Every generation has (and will continue to have) an undesirable element that cause and provoke trouble and disrespect others for a multitude of reasons. 80 or even 90 per cent of society fortunately grow up behaving themselves and go on to be productive members of society, maybe the figures even higher at 95%.

My issue is that the 5, 10 or 15% or so that don't wish to behave responsibly have gradually become more confident in the extremes that they go to because there is nothing that they see as a deterrent. As a consequence the levels of abuse they go to (or sink to) is getting worse not getting better for example knife crime where kids are dying on our streets in ever increasing numbers.

A kid carrying a knife to school was an extreme shock some years back now it's just classed as something that goes on. Gangs of kids would play knock a door run now it's throwing bricks through pensioner's windows and heaven help them if they complain to the Police because then their lives will really be made hell. Maybe that seems tolerable to many on here but it isn't and won't be to me, never was and never will be.

History has shown us that every generation has had apologists or those that look the other way. Over the last few decades the lack of law and order in society has emboldened those few at the expense of the many. 

I'm pretty sure the police say thats one of the main reasons many crimes go unreported - people unwilling to make official statements because they fear repercussions.

9 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Talk about being misquoted, now I know how Gibbo felt over his smash the League comment!

I never once mentioned "slipper or cane". I used the word "Discipline" not "Corporal Punishment". There is a very clear and distinct difference. Had I wanted to say that they needed a damn good thrashing and twelve of the best then that is what I would have said, all that teaches is resentment not respect and that the way to get what you want is to abuse someone weaker than you.

Never once. Except for when you did. 

4 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Or he's a Parent who was at school 15 or so years ago when the cane and slipper where deemed an abuse of his Human rights. I'm sure he is or will become the perfect role model for his Kids.

Unless of course this quote is that you really do think he will be a perfect role model for kids.

Just now, AnglianRed said:

I'm pretty sure the police say thats one of the main reasons many crimes go unreported - people unwilling to make official statements because they fear repercussions.

I know from family members in the Force that confirm that. They have been involved in incidents they have attended where they know what has happened and like as not why but the victim doesn't want to make a statement, even to the point of saying it was their fault (meaning themselves not the Police) such was their level of fear. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Considering its importance to society, I have never quite understood why schools concentrate wholly on preparing kids for work and almost totally ignore providing with the skills required to be a good parent. Might not be a magic wand but giving them an idea of problems that can arise could only help. 

To be fair I think schools have enough on their plate, trying to get kids to fulfil the national curriculum and getting them ready for work or further education.

I'm not a parent myself but have talked to quite a few colleagues when they became parents and the general theme is that nothing can really prepare you for parenthood, but it helps enormously if your own parents take an interest, help out and give advice, or if you have friends with kids.

Another thing about schools teaching parenting skills is that not everyone wants to have kids, or some people may not become parents until much later in life. So I think its right that it should come down to having a good family support network, or failing that help from the NHS - GP, midwife, pre / post natal classes etc.

19 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Yep, school could be used to teach a lot more life practical stuff than it does currently, I 100% believe that.

5 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

I have never found that being told someone is disappointed in my actions much of a deterrent.

I’m very disappointed 😔 with that post @JonnyMFC

😂😂😂

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

This thread has gone massively off topic over the last few pages. 😂

I’d like Huddersfield to win the play offs personally as their fans only slapped a players head rather then head butting a player. Seems the lesser of two evils! 

9 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Yep, school could be used to teach a lot more life practical stuff than it does currently, I 100% believe that.

I thought that was supposed to be coved by Home Economics and Sex Ed classes?

Call me girly but I really enjoyed making cushions, wonky pottery and baking flapjacks... 😁

Although for the other stuff we got to watch some film or other that had nothing to do with bodily functions, while the girls learned how to use sanitary products. So I'm not so sure about that... 🤷‍♂️

Following on from @AnglianRedwho i think summed it up perfectly.

As someone who left teaching about 12 years back, for me it started with things as simple as "No winners" sports days. Those kids are now in/hitting their twenties and have grew up shielded from being bad/good at anything. It's amazing they aren't all basket cases which goes to show there are some good parents out there. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Following on from @AnglianRedwho i think summed it up perfectly.

As someone who left teaching about 12 years back, for me it started with things as simple as "No winners" sports days. Those kids are now in/hitting their twenties and have grew up shielded from being bad/good at anything. It's amazing they aren't all basket cases which goes to show there are some good parents out there. 

My daughter is 15 and a competitive swimmer and track n field athlete, shes not good enough to be the next olympian, but she does compete for the county so she is at a reasonable level.  
Last week she finished a race and I told her that she just wasnt fast enough, she then told me that I couldnt say that and that she was quite offended by my comments, I then had to have argument with her that resulted in me telling her thats she needs to toughen up when it comes to criticism and to stop being a snowflake.

Perhaps I should have just beaten her instead?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
18 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

This thread has gone massively off topic over the last few pages. 😂

I’d like Huddersfield to win the play offs personally as their fans only slapped a players head rather then head butting a player. Seems the lesser of two evils! 

Eh, I don't like to have a downer on clubs because of the actions of lone idiots or small groups of morons. If large sections of their fan base are generally annoying or idiotic, then fair enough. 😉

I say may the better club win. Though I do have a slight leaning towards Forest due to Cloughie and the 2 European Cups (back when it was only the top teams that competed).