Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything's going a bit too well 

Ever since the Pally fanny incident our luck has turned.

Ah those infamous Russian honey traps 😉

Posted Images

Table really does show what an opportunity we have and we have plenty of home games left. Get injured players back, give players a rest and let’s go into the Peterborough and Fulham games firing! 

In terms of results it seems only sheff utd and Luton took maximum points.

Huddersfield, Blackburn, Millwall, Coventry, and West Brom all dropped points. For 5 out of 7 games to go our way is a good day.

Our 2 games in hand are at home v Fulham and Cardiff so anything less than 4pts is a poor return imo.

4 hours ago, sackrobson2 said:

We need to beat Peterborough and Hull and take a point against Fulham. 7 points from our next 3 should put us in a decent position with 6 games left. We have some tough games coming up though. 

Bar Fulham and Huddersfield, I actually think we've got an easy run in.

Peterborough - 24th and awful

Hull - 20th and poor with nothing to play for

Swansea - 16th and nothing to play for

Cardiff - 17th and nothing to play for

Stoke - 15th with a manager under pressure

Preston - 14th and nothing to play for

10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Bar Fulham and Huddersfield, I actually think we've got an easy run in.

Peterborough - 24th and awful

Hull - 20th and poor with nothing to play for

Swansea - 16th and nothing to play for

Cardiff - 17th and nothing to play for

Stoke - 15th with a manager under pressure

Preston - 14th and nothing to play for

We also have Bournemouth away coming up. Fulham, Huddersfield and Bournemouth in our next 5 is pretty tough in my opinion. 

after that it’s a bit easier. 

56 minutes ago, sackrobson2 said:

We also have Bournemouth away coming up. Fulham, Huddersfield and Bournemouth in our next 5 is pretty tough in my opinion. 

after that it’s a bit easier. 

On paper, aye, but we've picked up points against all 3 already, and Fulham are bound to be coasting a bit now.

I'd probably be satisfied with 4 points, or even 3 if they were all draws.

Its nice that our play off push is still very much in our hands. Although very disappointed about the loss last night it does ease the potential fixture congestion had we got through. 

I'd fancy us to get something from Fulham as I think they're essentially up and have had some mixed results of late and we are very decent at home. Id actually be more concerned about Peterborough just based on how we played against Barnsley. I think we are currently as good as anyone in the league right now bar probably Fulham and had Wilder been there from the start of the season I think we would very much be in the automatics reckoning. 

Of our last few games theres only really Bournemouth I wouldn't expect to get anything from. Hopefully the Birmingham was a turning point in our season away from home but like some have said its quite a nice run in for us and really I would be disappointed if they fail to make the playoffs with it.

Getting to third in the league seems to be a troublesome spot Huddersfield results took a turn for the worse since they got there, we need Luton who seem to be on such a decent run to do the same and the IB often does cause an upset in teams momentum

On Fulham, it's funny considering they've got a striker on 35 goals with nearly a fifth of the season left, and are 14 points clear of 3rd with a game in hand, that they're not going to be the best 2nd division team in history.

Unless they score 33 goals in 9 games, they're not going to have scored the most goals (Middlesbrough scored 122 goals 1926/27 in a 42 game season)

They've not got the best defence (Sunderland with 28 goals conceded in 1998/99 is the best in a 46 game season).

Even if they won all their remaining games, they've not got the best points tally and they've not got the fewest defeats, in both cases that's Reading in 2005/06, with 106 points and only 2 defeats.

We need to treat the Fulham, Bournemouth and Huddersfield games with the same respect and effort as we did in those Premiership FA Cup games. If we do we have shown that we can compete and get results against top class sides, even Chelsea despite the result. The preparation and psyche has to be right within the squad and they have proven it can be done. In one word, consistency!