Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything's going a bit too well 

Ever since the Pally fanny incident our luck has turned.

Ah those infamous Russian honey traps 😉

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Any form of Sheff United loss is good for us. They are the team we don't want to be playing in the play-offs IMO. They have genuine quality with the likes of Berge, Gibbs-White, Fleck. They dominated us a few weeks back so hoping QPR can turn it around. 

I don't think we will play as bad as we did against them so bring it on . Teams won't want to play us never mind us worrying about other teams.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Peterborough should have won it at the end, missed an absolute gilt edged chance.

Still 2 points dropped for Luton that they would have expected to take. Cheers Posh!

8 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Still 2 points dropped for Luton that they would have expected to take. Cheers Posh!

judging on stats it looks a deserved point for Posh too. near enough 50/50 possession, but 18 shots with 6 on target to Lutons 9 & 3

Millwall and Luton dropping points is a good night for us on whole.

I would still be happy with a point v Fulham and hopefully 3pts from our other game in hand v Cardiff. 4pts from our 2 games in hand whilst obv getting results in other fixtures will hopefully leave us in a good place 

Looking at the table now, it’s beginning to look like the playoffs will be made up of 4 from 6 of…

Hudderfield

Luton

Sheff Utd

Middlesbrough

Nottingham Forest

Blackburn

Think it would now take something special for any of the clubs outside that 6 to get themselves in there!

Which 2 of those 6 miss out?

I'll feel much more positive if we're in this position after the next 4 games. Winning against Peterborough was vital in that it was undoubtedly the easiest of our remaining ties on paper. Tomorrow night is a free hit really, the Hull game is another vital 3 points and then we have another free hit at Bournemouth as well as a huge, huge game against Huddersfield.

6 points from the next 4, including avoiding defeat against Huddersfield, would surely keep us right in the mix with a decent run in. I'd certainly like the playoffs to be confirmed before we go to Preston in a month's time.

As for the most likely... Forest seem like a decent bet with their games in hand. They have a similar few games to us in that they only have one game which could really change the look of the playoffs at Luton, then games against the top 2 where any point gained is great for them.

Sheffield United also look like a decent bet as, despite also having the top 2 to play, they're both home games for them. At Bramall Lane they've only dropped 6 points since the end of October! 

Luton have a tough run in, dropping 2 points tonight could be a big blow for them. Their Easter weekend could essentially decide whether they make it or not, Huddersfield away and Forest at home are massive 6-pointers. 

Huddersfield should be okay? Similar to Luton, a very positive Easter could scrape them in, as they then have 2 very winnable home games left to play. 4 home games overall out of their last 6 too!

Blackburn on paper probably have the easiest run-in but I'm not confident for them right now. They have a game against Bournemouth but the rest of their games are against teams currently sitting in the bottom half. That alone could be a factor for them squeezing in whilst there are still a bunch of matches to go between the rest of the top 6 but it means there's nothing in their hands. They need to get back into the picture sooner rather than later.

Soooooo... could be bloody anyone couldn't it. My bet right now would be that Forest and Sheffield United make it in and the rest we should be able to make a better guess after Easter weekend.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Looking at the table now, it’s beginning to look like the playoffs will be made up of 4 from 6 of…

Hudderfield

Luton

Sheff Utd

Middlesbrough

Nottingham Forest

Blackburn

Think it would now take something special for any of the clubs outside that 6 to get themselves in there!

Which 2 of those 6 miss out?

Blackburn and Sheff Utd

I think it’s far to early to predict our fate and positions and points can swing either way. Who has the form, who has the luck, which players don’t switch off early and start vacation, well we will find out soon enough.