oneBoro Forum

Play-Off Rivals/Contenders

34 minutes ago, Rioch's Braves said:

Out of Everton, Leeds or Burnley I would want Burnley to come down because I believe Leeds or Everton would be in the automatic promotion places both have the financial clout and support to go straight back up. But the 3 you've mentioned getting promoted would definetly give us a better chance of promotion. 

Uh, you do know how financially screwed Everton are, right?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything's going a bit too well 

Ever since the Pally fanny incident our luck has turned.

Ah those infamous Russian honey traps 😉

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Uh, you do know how financially screwed Everton are, right?

Richarlison, Calvert Lewin, Pickford, Dele Alli would go not to mention others and thats a huge drop in wages, and that off sets a lot of money. The owner Fahrad Moshiri is worth an estimated 2.8 billion and with parachute payments and Evertons pulling power plus Lampard getting in quality loan signings and a big support they wouldn't be far off the automatics in my opinion.

• Like 1

"We love you Fulham we do

We love you Fulham we do

We love you Fulham we do

Oh Fulham we love you"

On behalf of every Boro fan we wish you every success in your last two games starting tonight when you hopefully will beat Luton Town by lots and lots of goals and simiarly against Sheffield United on Saturday.

Imagine an extra 24k inside Craven Cottage ROARING YOU ON!

"Just keep on scoring"

• Haha 3

At this stage of the season I think the last four or so games should all start and finish at the same time.

As it happens it's not quite so critical this year but just taking Luton as an example, after Saturday's round of fixtures they now know that a point is likely to be enough and two points definitely will so that will play a part in their tactical planning for today's game at Fulham. Conversely of course if they for example needed a win then again it would have been an advantage.

• Like 2

Wonder how CW and the players feel knowing just a couple more points and they would have been in the play off. I wonder if any of the players go over each game thinking I should have done better or accuse players for not performing. Do any blame the manager I wonder.  
Although not playing professional games, I have replayed games in my head from days gone by, and still do, almost like a movie going over instances when I should have placed the ball rather blasted it, played someone through rather then dribble or hit it on the volley. It’s a wonderful game football. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Wonder how CW and the players feel knowing just a couple more points and they would have been in the play off. I wonder if any of the players go over each game thinking I should have done better or accuse players for not performing. Do any blame the manager I wonder.  
Although not professional games I have replayed games in my head from early days, still do, almost like a movie going over instances when I should have placed the ball rather blasted it, played someone through rather then dribble or hit it on the volley. It’s a wonderful game football. 

Not going to beat myself up about this issue though clearly a very valid one.

Just think of all the times this season when rather than keeping your head down looking up to see other options would probably been more favorable.

So many here have said "it's the hope that kills you" well I am really hoping our second "team" do the business and get two more wins and by big margins

• Like 1

just had a look at luton and there injury list is outragous:

Adebayo, there top scorer with 16 in 40, and oneydinma (3goals and 4 assists).

luke berry, their goal scoring midfielder with 6 in 13, also out in midfield are mpanzu and jordon clarke who are regular starters when fit.

sonny bradley, their captain and main centre back along with bree, burke and osho, makes their 4 starting defenders all out.

James bree: first choice keeper, and back up jed steer

Honestly, looking at the injury list they have, fulham pumping them and then failing to beat reading could be a real possability.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Although not professional games I have replayed games in my head from early days, still do, almost like a movie going over instances when I should have placed the ball rather blasted it, played someone through rather then dribble or hit it on the volley. It’s a wonderful game football. 

I think there are a few issues that need to be questioned in the summer but it's unlikely the fans will get to hear the answers to the questions that we would like. The best we will get (understandably) is the visual manifestation, like who is still here, who isn't and draw our own conclusions (based of course on our own bias). 

• Like 1

I don't think you'd be a professional footballer if you didn't replay moments in your mind, wondering what you could/should/would have done differently if presented with the same chance again. They might put on a cocky front for the cameras and on social media, but I bet it keeps some of them (especially strikers and goalkeepers) awake at night replaying scenarios over and over. Even Connolly must pause mid-balloon, look up from whichever skank he's currently enjoying the comforts of, and ponder if he'd have been booed onto the pitch if he'd just scored one goal during his time here.

• Haha 6
15 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I don't think you'd be a professional footballer if you didn't replay moments in your mind, wondering what you could/should/would have done differently if presented with the same chance again. They might put on a cocky front for the cameras and on social media, but I bet it keeps some of them (especially strikers and goalkeepers) awake at night replaying scenarios over and over. Even Connolly must pause mid-balloon, look up from whichever skank he's currently enjoying the comforts of, and ponder if he'd have been booed onto the pitch if he'd just scored one goal during his time here.

balloon GIF by Topshelf Records

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

If Wilder had gone with Daniels since he came in we'd comfortably be in playoffs

5 minutes ago, notjade said:

If Wilder had gone with Daniels since he came in we'd comfortably be in playoffs

Ah the only if and buts ploy I see😉

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tmcc said:

just had a look at luton and there injury list is outragous:

Adebayo, there top scorer with 16 in 40, and oneydinma (3goals and 4 assists).

luke berry, their goal scoring midfielder with 6 in 13, also out in midfield are mpanzu and jordon clarke who are regular starters when fit.

sonny bradley, their captain and main centre back along with bree, burke and osho, makes their 4 starting defenders all out.

James bree: first choice keeper, and back up jed steer

Honestly, looking at the injury list they have, fulham pumping them and then failing to beat reading could be a real possability.

Stop filling us with hope. We have to be pragmatic about this😬 

• Haha 1

Have to remember that it's not easy this promotion business. We've dropped a load of points that could have been ours but that will be the same for nearly all the teams in the division. Its an ultra competitive league.

We may be agonising over what we've missed out on but we're still in the fight! Imagine how Blackburn/QPR/West Brom etc fans must be feeling. Those teams occupied the top 6 spots for months over the course of the season then threw it all away!

• Like 1

What's most important is that we go out and win our game. 

If we win it comfortable with a thrashing of Preston, we have the best opportunity, but a slim win is the bare minimum required ... 

Then hopefully Fulham and or Reading can do us a favor.  

Regarding our slip ups like vs Hull and Reading ... Every good team face that more than once or twice in a season ... 

Fulham were beaten at home to Derby ... 

Bournemouth had a very long and dry non winning spell ... 

QPR, WBA and Blackburn looked to be nailed on for the play offs ... just a few months ago ...

This league works in mysterious ways ... 

We have found some form again .. Sheffield and Luton are afraid they might bottle it ... We can play freely with everything to win ...  

Stranger things have happened

• Like 3