Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything's going a bit too well 

Ever since the Pally fanny incident our luck has turned.

Ah those infamous Russian honey traps 😉

Posted Images

Not sure how it compares to previous top scorers, I have a suspicion it's probably the case with the likes of Camsell because of how heavy the balls used to be, but it's funny that all 43 of Mitrovic's goals this season have been from inside the box.

2 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Its all relative to the era i think so its hard to extrapolate across the years. Camsell's was insane. Think he scored 9 or 10 hatricks that season, but Mitros record for the modern day game is pretty frightening in its own respect in how good that is. 

I don't think its that frightening, just benefit of playing for an attacking heavy premier league team that in championship. He's had great service, not to take anything away from him, but their team is way to good for this division and I believe his tally next year in the prem will demonstrate this when its back to normal.

41 minutes ago, Rob said:

how many games did they play back then as well

Camsell did it in 37, from a maximum of 42. Mitrovic will finish with 44 games played if he plays against Sheff Utd.

8 minutes ago, Woof Woof said:

I wish it was Saturday afternoon and this was all over.

It's the hope that's that killer.

I'm enjoying the hope and anticipation.

Far better than having absolutely nothing to play for and counting down the days till the next season starts.

I say that as somebody who thinks the more likely outcome is that we miss out too.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Far better than having absolutely nothing to play for and counting down the days till the next season starts.

I say that as somebody who thinks the more likely outcome is that we miss out too.

Are you saying you didn't enjoy being thumped 3-0 at home by Wycombe in a dead rubber last year?!

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Are you saying you didn't enjoy being thumped 3-0 at home by Wycombe in a dead rubber last year?!

It might sound daft, but I actually didn't mind it, because for a long period of that day it looked like they'd finish above both Derby and Sheffield Wednesday, whilst Rotherham were staying up.

I was enjoying the prospect of that, despite not liking that we were losing.

Obviously Rotherham conceding an equaliser in the 89th minute spoiled all that.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

If we win and miss out I won't be too devastated, but if we blow the opportunity it'll put a bit of a dampner on the summer. Even though we've done amazingly well to even be at this point. If we get into the playoffs I fully expect us to go out in the first round but would still consider that a success.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Foogle said:

If we win and miss out I won't be too devastated, but if we blow the opportunity it'll put a bit of a dampner on the summer. Even though we've done amazingly well to even be at this point. If we get into the playoffs I fully expect us to go out in the first round but would still consider that a success.

Yeah, the worst case scenario is us dropping points at the same time as one of the other two teams.

I would sooner win and have them both win than miss out because we couldn't take advantage.

• Like 4
4 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Its all relative to the era i think so its hard to extrapolate across the years. Camsell's was insane. Think he scored 9 or 10 hatricks that season, but Mitros record for the modern day game is pretty frightening in its own respect in how good that is. 

Don't forget not one penalty either that season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Yeah, the worst case scenario is us dropping points at the same time as one of the other two teams.

I would sooner win and have them both win than miss out because we couldn't take advantage.

Heck can you imagine Fulham beating the Blades 4-0, Reading beating Luton 1-0 and we draw 1-1 with Preston conceding an 85th minute equaliser after a low key inauspicious showing!

I just hope we go for it, it's a Cup Final of sorts with nothing to lose. Winning is all that matters, preferably by as many goals as possible. Hopefully Jones, McNair and Tav all fit.

1 hour ago, Foogle said:

Honestly wouldn’t write us off IF we get in the playoffs. I fancy us against anyone in a fully sold out Riverside. It’s amazing the difference it makes. If the fans can elevate the players to put in a ‘Spurs’ performance then who knows. Obviously there’s the away leg, but I’d be quietly confident we could put in a strong performance. Then Wembley is a straight up 50/50. Who turns up on the day etc. hopefully we will at least turn up on time if we get there this year😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Heck can you imagine Fulham beating the Blades 4-0, Reading beating Luton 1-0 and we draw 1-1 with Preston conceding an 85th minute equaliser after a low key inauspicious showing!

I just hope we go for it, it's a Cup Final of sorts with nothing to lose. Winning is all that matters, preferably by as many goals as possible. Hopefully Jones, McNair and Tav all fit.

Think I’d genuinely rather get battered 4-0 then draw 1-1 by conceding late on. Be devastating if that was the case and other results go our away.

9 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Think I’d genuinely rather get battered 4-0 then draw 1-1 by conceding late on. Be devastating if that was the case and other results go our away.

So long as we go all out for the win. Sitting back and getting battered would be no fun.  A win is needed, attack, attack, attack.

• Like 1