oneBoro Forum

Play-Off Rivals/Contenders

18 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

I certainly would prefer Forest, even ignoring the chance of getting more money for Spence.

It'll be interesting seeing a historic club back up there again, and there's just something about Bournemouth that I don't like.

The financial challenges they might face if they don't go up is an added bonus.

I'd rather have forrest out the play offs if we in, them and sheff utd are who I would fancy most to go up out all the teams in the spots at the moment, if they went upto 2nd and sheff utd dropped out and we snook in, that would be ideal situation for me

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everything's going a bit too well 

Ever since the Pally fanny incident our luck has turned.

Ah those infamous Russian honey traps 😉

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

I'd rather have forrest out the play offs if we in, them and sheff utd are who I would fancy most to go up out all the teams in the spots at the moment, if they went upto 2nd and sheff utd dropped out and we snook in, that would be ideal situation for me

Bournemouth finished 2nd last night.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Bournemouth finished 2nd last night.

yeah i've just read further on as I've gone through the topic haha. aw well, at least we got the block on spence if we play them again, think it helped last time we played them

Gelocation restrictions for live sporting events are really irritating. I live in Cumbria so I can't listen to Tees on DAB, and online Tees broadcasts cut off just before kick-off if you're not local. VPNs are national rather than regional, so I can't pretend I'm in a specific part of England and get round them that way.

I end up paying to listen to a BBC live event twice - once through the licence fee and then again for a separate audio stream through MFC.co.uk - since I can't always sit down and watch the games (even if I could find a working stream that doesn't bombard me with hover ads and pop-ups, or freeze every two minutes).

2 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Gelocation restrictions for live sporting events are really irritating. I live in Cumbria so I can't listen to Tees on DAB, and online Tees broadcasts cut off just before kick-off if you're not local. VPNs are national rather than regional, so I can't pretend I'm in a specific part of England and get round them that way.

I end up paying to listen to a BBC live event twice - once through the licence fee and then again for a separate audio stream through MFC.co.uk - since I can't always sit down and watch the games (even if I could find a working stream that doesn't bombard me with hover ads and pop-ups, or freeze every two minutes).

should just get a iptv sub, we get one for £30 a year and you normally always can watch the match

the restrictions are a pain but out there to protect clubs ticket sales 

38 minutes ago, Rob said:

should just get a iptv sub, we get one for £30 a year and you normally always can watch the match

the restrictions are a pain but out there to protect clubs ticket sales 

IPTV way to go for me. 

Anybody else who goes in full "look at the table a few times a day" mode ... looking at opponents, GD and much more for all who have something to play for? 😄

Most of the recent talk has been about Sheffield United and what has to happen to get past them. To be honest I think Luton losing or drawing is a more likely outcome than Sheffield losing. Yes I know they are playing lowly Reading who have been poor most of the season, but Luton are in a bit of a crisis injury wise and also after a 7-0 tanking confidence wise and I don't fully buy into players are already on holiday or have nothing to play for. Further we have a much better goal difference and so a win at PNE and even Luton drawing would still put us ahead of them. 

Yes we have to win at PNE, goes without saying but the odds of one of two clubs messing up on the final day makes me at least more hopeful.

995451983_ScreenShot2022-05-04at1_26_17PM.png.7ad035b71d12ed2fe40aa73cd295dcf4.png

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, expat-acklam said:

Most of the recent talk has been about Sheffield United and what has to happen to get past them. To be honest I think Luton losing or drawing is a more likely outcome than Sheffield losing. Yes I know they are playing lowly Reading who have been poor most of the season, but Luton are in a bit of a crisis injury wise and also after a 7-0 tanking confidence wise and I don't fully buy into players are already on holiday or have nothing to play for. Further we have a much better goal difference and so a win at PNE and even Luton drawing would still put us ahead of them. 

Yes we have to win at PNE, goes without saying but the odds of one of two clubs messing up on the final day makes me at least more hopeful.

995451983_ScreenShot2022-05-04at1_26_17PM.png.7ad035b71d12ed2fe40aa73cd295dcf4.png

exactly my thoughts, even before the fulham game i stated a few times that im suprised that people are looking at sheffield and not luton. As you mentioned, they're cripplied with injury and i doubt reading will be  push overs as their squad is actually decent.

Danny drinkwater, Lucas joao, tom ince, Baba Rahman, junior holliett, john swift, certainly better than their league position suggests.

Also agree that the trope of having nothing to play for is exaggerated. Only need to look to Forest two seasons ago who lost 4-1 on the final day to a 16th place stoke and thus miss out on the playoffs. Additionally, i think being the party poopers for a side looking for playoffs actually gives a side like reading more reason to turn up.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tmcc said:

exactly my thoughts, even before the fulham game i stated a few times that im suprised that people are looking at sheffield and not luton. As you mentioned, they're cripplied with injury and i doubt reading will be  push overs as their squad is actually decent.

Danny drinkwater, Lucas joao, tom ince, Baba Rahman, junior holliett, john swift, certainly better than their league position suggests.

Also agree that the trope of having nothing to play for is exaggerated. Only need to look to Forest two seasons ago who lost 4-1 on the final day to a 16th place stoke and thus miss out on the playoffs. Additionally, i think being the party poopers for a side looking for playoffs actually gives a side like reading more reason to turn up.

Reading may look like they have a decent squad on paper but 4th from bottom with 86 goals conceded, the league doesn't lie they've been crap, just have to hope they have one good game left inside of them.

I'm more concerned about us blowing it, because I think Preston will be up for this infront of their own fans.

• Like 2