Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before anyone writes us off, keep this word in your head:  

Simon Jordan has just said that he has spoken to Gibbo and his response was 'Chelsea and football integrity do not go hand in hand' 😂

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Brilliant news. A packed Riverside full of Boro fans. I can’t wait for it. Come on Boro

I'll be interested to see just how many home fans there were when we previously classed it as a sell out.

I can't see there not being any segregation.

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

I'll be interested to see just how many home fans there were when we previously classed it as a sell out.

Well Chelsea said they had sold 650 out of 4600 before the sanctions. We are now selling 3200 so it looks like segregation will take up roughly 750 seats either side of the Chelsea fans

Does anyone know how many we had sold to our fans prior to the new 3k allocation?

I hear people saying it will 33k boro fans v 500 odd Chelsea fans but Spurs was a crowd of just over 31k. I imagine a similar total v Chelsea

2 hours ago, Blanco said:

Well Chelsea said they had sold 650 out of 4600 before the sanctions. We are now selling 3200 so it looks like segregation will take up roughly 750 seats either side of the Chelsea fans

That doesn't account for the seats already allocated for segregation 

Wonder if chelsea are still paying for the initial tickets they bought to sell to their fans, and we're also generating income from the 3200 tickets returned ie. we're actually getting income from 6400 tickets. What the prices for the match? 32k at 30 pounds is roughly 1 million in gate reciepts of which we get 45%. 450k plus TV money and sales at the stadium should net us at least 700k shouldn't it? Not bad. Our FA Cup run has already roughly paid for McGree.

12 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Wonder if chelsea are still paying for the initial tickets they bought to sell to their fans, and we're also generating income from the 3200 tickets returned ie. we're actually getting income from 6400 tickets. What the prices for the match? 32k at 30 pounds is roughly 1 million in gate reciepts of which we get 45%. 450k plus TV money and sales at the stadium should net us at least 700k shouldn't it? Not bad. Our FA Cup run has already roughly paid for McGree.

Tickets are £20-£25 for the game 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Would we even be allowed to give Chelsea any of the gate receipts? Surely that would be income for the club, which would go against sanctions?

21 minutes ago, KeithLambsFaxMachine said:

Would we even be allowed to give Chelsea any of the gate receipts? Surely that would be income for the club, which would go against sanctions?

I reckon their cut is going to the FA. Unless they can take their cut because the game was scheduled before the sanctions just like they can get prize money from the Premier League and Champions League as they were in the competition before the sanctions. 

10 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

There will be segregation, including some temporary form of concourse segregation I'm led to believe. Some of the tickets Chelsea sold for the game were disabled seats too so we're somewhat limited in where we can put them from that.

31 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Surely this game will have the highest home attendance in the Riverside era, since most of (what would normally be) the away section will be full of Boro fans? 

Won’t touch the Norwich attendance: There was a bigger capacity back then and basically zero segregation. Unless we put more seats in the ground, that record will never be surpassed.