oneBoro Forum

FA Cup Quarter Final Draw ( Chelsea H) and comments

39 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Read some guff on Sky Sports that Chelsea face a 'gruelling ten hour round trip to Middlesbrough after being unable to book flights.' 

What a load of crap. Pretty sure there's a direct train from Kings Cross... I'm sure a first class ticket and a hotel for the night wouldn't hurt too much for a bunch of multi-millionaires. 

Or just drive... It takes three and a half hours from me, just outside London. It's motorway the entire journey so takes less time than you'd expect. 

Violin Player GIF

• Haha 1
  • Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before anyone writes us off, keep this word in your head:  

Simon Jordan has just said that he has spoken to Gibbo and his response was 'Chelsea and football integrity do not go hand in hand' 😂

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I would be interested to know what their usual expense is for an away game.  Must be quite an eye opener.

On Sky Sports they said it would cost a team the size of Chelsea an average of £60,000 to travel to Middlesbrough in their usual way!

• Wow 4

Asking the game to be played without fans is rediculous. All because they cant sell the remaining tickets they are allocated? Crazy

Middlesbrough has sold out their share, close to 30k right? And the remaining Chelsea allocation is partially sold. Is 2k way fabs really going to make a difference?

Not to mention this travel this is laughable. All of a sudden they cant afford to travel? Haha. 

• Like 1

Given the reasons for these sanctions, for Chelsea to seek to invoke sporting "integrity" as reason for the game being played behind closed doors is ironic in the extreme.

That's a good line.

3 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Our statements have been like something out of mean girls lately, it's great

The way that statement matches up to what Simon Jordan passed on from Gibson very much makes me think that was, by and large, written by the main man upstairs. Especially that scything line about integrity. The quote marks make that statement spicy.

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, Lord_Moose said:

On Sky Sports they said it would cost a team the size of Chelsea an average of £60,000 to travel to Middlesbrough in their usual way!

Or in other words, what Lukaku earns in a day for warming their bench.

Wish I was joking. 

When everything is said and done it's still weird that Chelsea can't even give the tickets away for free, when the government has said that the sanctions are not directed towards the fans or the club as such but instead the owner.