oneBoro Forum

FA Cup Quarter Final Draw ( Chelsea H) and comments

This might be a stupid question, but why is there so much segregation? Is it down to crowd trouble? If so, it's such a shame that atmosphere is lowered as a result of the number of idiots amongst the fans. 

For the all Ireland GAA final here you could go and maybe be sitting beside a fan of the opposition team and we all just get on with it and it makes for great craic. 

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before anyone writes us off, keep this word in your head:  

Simon Jordan has just said that he has spoken to Gibbo and his response was 'Chelsea and football integrity do not go hand in hand' 😂

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This might be a stupid question, but why is there so much segregation? Is it down to crowd trouble? If so, it's such a shame that atmosphere is lowered as a result of the number of idiots amongst the fans. 

For the all Ireland GAA final here you could go and maybe be sitting beside a fan of the opposition team and we all just get on with it and it makes for great craic. 

Apparently it's due to issues with the concourses not being easily segregated, rather than issues in the stands themselves.

11 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Different sport and a different culture unfortunately. 

Less segregation means more police which comes at a cost. Having large segregation means they only need stewards.

3 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

thats not gonna work in english football lol. 

I can't stand Chelsea but putting personal grievances aside, their fans (who are been penalised having done nothing wrong) have been treated disgustingly. Some of those Chelsea fans have probably followed their club all over the country over the years just like other fans, in my opinion its totally wrong.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Mixing home and away fans would totally kill the atmosphere of a football game for me. I love the adversarial nature of it and each set of fans reacting to the other's songs, and the ebb and flow of the game.

I've been to many rugby games with mixed crowds and thought the atmosphere is terrible. Imagine sitting between celebrating Sheffield United fans while we were getting thumped... That would suck! Or cheering the last minute winner at Blackpool without another Boro fan around you. 

There's nothing better in football than celebrating a big goal in a packed away end. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Rioch's Braves said:

I can't stand Chelsea but putting personal grievances aside, their fans (who are been penalised having done nothing wrong) have been treated disgustingly. Some of those Chelsea fans have probably followed their club all over the country over the years just like other fans, in my opinion its totally wrong.

But at the same time those fans have celebrated Chelsea’s succes over the past 20 years that has been build on riches gained through corruption and exploiting the people of Russia. Their owner bought a state owned company for 250 million dollars and sold it back for 13 billion. Money taken from the public. What goes around comes around. It wasn’t even a secret that Abramovic was flawed. Just like I won’t shed a tear for Newcastle fans if their horrific ownership goes belly up and they fold because the despot loses interest. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Borodane said:

But at the same time those fans have celebrated Chelsea’s succes over the past 20 years that has been build on riches gained through corruption and exploiting the people of Russia. Their owner bought a state owned company for 250 million dollars and sold it back for 13 billion. Money taken from the public. What goes around comes around. It wasn’t even a secret that Abramovic was flawed. Just like I won’t shed a tear for Newcastle fans if their horrific ownership goes belly up and they fold because the despot loses interest. 

That he did, but there will be plenty of supporters who have supported Chelsea well before Abramovich knew Chelsea existed. If our club was bought by a Saudi Arabian consortium tomorrow how many Boro fans would stop supporting the club I would say very very few. Supporters are interested in watching their football team perform on the pitch not the political side off tings off it thats the way it is.

19 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

I wonder how different things would have been for Chelsea had they not beaten us in the FA Cup and League Cup. Maybe that takeover and their success might not have happened soon after. 

Or if Arsenal hadn't rejected his bid to buy them.