oneBoro Forum

FA Cup Quarter Final Draw ( Chelsea H) and comments

4 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Bloody hell, that's the spirit! We just knocked out a team above them, who have better indidividual players. Who says we don't get lucky again.ย 

But as Ian Wright just said... "Give Kane the chances they gave United, and they're out" ๐Ÿ˜…

Thats pretty much what I was thinking.

Some folks on here are still so giddy over us beating United they've already forgotten how lucky we were in that first half.

We will need some pretty special karma to get that lucky a second time.

Not impossible...but highly unlikely.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before anyone writes us off, keep this word in your head: ย 

Simon Jordan has just said that he has spoken to Gibbo and his response was 'Chelsea and football integrity do not go hand in hand'ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

Posted Images

Strangely enough, all the big boys dodge each other again. I know statistically it is always likely, but they never seem to meet until the late rounds . taking my tin foil hat off, would rather they had to travel 250 miles for a midweek game than us, so will be happy to see us have a go at them and hope that they have one eye on qualifying for Europe so that they rest a few. If Woody can take them to a replay, a proper manager might just sneak it. We know who the danger comes from so up to us to do a job. We have a chance at least, so bring them on.

10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Happy its a home draw. Rather have got one of the proper top teams but Spurs in terms of a revenue etc is good I guess.

Does anyone know how much of our ticket allocation we need to give to away team? Is it 10%

Iโ€™m pretty sure itโ€™s about 20+%.

The last time a lot of away fans wanted cup tickets we ended up offering them the whole South Stand. That was ages ago but I think it was Charlton or some other London club and between the ground layout and the obligations and demands they got the South.

That was back in the days the South stand was the away end, but Iโ€™m not sure regarding cups how we sort this though as you have to have separation but keep within agreed cup number of tickets if demanded.

Edited by Naisby

Hopefully some decent money in for TV coverage.ย  No real hope of progress though, unless we massively up our game.

Son is going to fancy his chances in that gap between Jones and Djiksteel that Sancho kept finding.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Thats pretty much what I was thinking.

Some folks on here are still so giddy over us beating United they've already forgotten how lucky we were in that first half.

We will need some pretty special karma to get that lucky a second time.

Not impossible...but highly unlikely.

Of course we're heavy underdogs... But underdogs get lucky all the time. Just like Friday.ย 

Spurs are very capable of putting in a smelly performance too - they may not turn up. One thing I think many are overlooking is that United actually played pretty well - it wasn't just us being crap.ย 

They played way better than in recent games against Norwich and Newcastle, who are hardly lightyears better than us.ย 

• Like 4

Why are we even debating this?

We have Spurs at home anything can happen and it will be a great view for neutrals and one where we could be very proud Boro fans again.

Sheeesh..........................go figure?

• Like 3

To answer my own question it is 15% of stadium capacity but a maximum of 9k.

Therefore 15% of 34k is approx 5k and I expect Spurs to take that. Once we take the corporate tickets in to account i think 27k is available to public. I think we will sell out.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Why are we even debating this?

We have Spurs at home anything can happen and it will be a great view for neutrals and one where we could be very proud Boro fans again.

Sheeesh..........................go figure?

Because it's a discussion forum? And we have differing opinions regarding the draw and our chances?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Of the big clubs left, Spurs are the one I'd most fancy our chances against.

Full of quality, but fragile.

Thank you now give me a like for my earlier comments, about time you did as you have never given me a like ............................so far!!!!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

To answer my own question it is 15% of stadium capacity but a maximum of 9k.

Therefore 15% of 34k is approx 5k and I expect Spurs to take that. Once we take the corporate tickets in to account i think 27k is available to public. I think we will sell out.

Whatโ€™s the away end capacity? If spurs do want the maximum allowed

2 minutes ago, macapes said:

Because it's a discussion forum? And we have differing opinions regarding the draw and our chances?

Ok another rises to attack DS๐Ÿ˜

Of course you are correct but let me ask you which team we could face would guarentee a win for Boro?

And yes my opinion but surely it is a good game to look forward to even if we lose we can ensure others begin to see us as a very good team moving ahead, also beat them and others in and around us will perhaps be unsure as to what to expect.

ย 

Win win for me๐Ÿ˜‰

• Downsouth changed the title to FA Cup Quarter Final Draw ( Chelsea H) and comments