oneBoro Forum

QPR VS Boro 2-2 (Fry, Adomah (og) )

Well who would have believed that would happen. A 3rd match in a row for me. Then add to that an amazing result in the FA Cup. We got some luck and better finishing from United the headlines would have been Manchester United are back to their best. Instead Watmore, Crooks and the rest of the Boro team ruined ITV (who probably wished they would get to show United again this season) and co commentator Lee Dixon's night. Also the meltdown of millions of United fans around the world.

8 sublime penalties go to show how we seem to be rather good in penalty shootouts. 

Anyway to QPR which is arguably the biggest game we have had since Friday 4th February. Its also another team with the chance to do the double over us. For me the home game was a low point for the season losing against 10 men. Historically it hasn't been a great ground for us to go to memories still linger of Andy Dibbles performance. Although recent years we have had Friends wonder goal and Leadbitter silencing the crowd moments after having his penalty saved. 

Talking points

1. Which team was better. The team that beat United in the League Cup on penalties or the one that beat them in the FA Cup on Friday.

2. How far do you think we can go in the Cup?

3. What has been your high/low point of the season?

4. Are you confident in getting 3 points?

5. Would you make any changes to the team?

6. As this is a celebratory post here is the correct order of enjoying celebrations from top to bottom .20210723_133926.thumb.jpg.48a9191297ea009a25bff34ec20bc873.jpg

• Like 7
  • Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some good news on Payero, his Missus who posted it. So happy

Marcus Browne in the away end supporting the lads 👍🏻

I'll just take it as a good performance where we should have won but let ourselves down with mistakes... I'd have snatched your hand off for 2-2 before the game and the fact we probably deserved more

Posted Images

1. Which team was better. The team that beat United in the League Cup on penalties or the one that beat them in the FA Cup on Friday.

I think the League Cup team would beat this team currently, although I think the current team has a bit more talent. The LC team was just a bit further along in their collective development. It was more like a machine.

Realistically I think Spurs will beat us. Son and Kane are something else, but there is definately room for a surprise.

The draw against Derby for me. It was just so lacklustre and a clear indication that Warnock wasn't going to take us anywhere this season.

50/50. It's a very tough game, and I'm not so sure that the players are ready for such an away game. The game at Blackburn was a bit of a testament of that. I hope the players are high on the Old Trafford experience and will take that with them. 1-1 and I'll be happy with that.

No. I'd start the team that started at Old Trafford unless there is some form of fatigue, but they've had 5 days, so I'm expecting everyone to be fit.

• Like 1

I see we have reverted back to Boro in the thread title which is good but Middlesbrough in the title does seem to produce better results!

Only kidding and it is down to how well our lads play.

One thing for sure is that this game can be put into the Massive catagory one of a few games coming up where we can either lose or maintain and gain our momentuum.

In fact it is so massive that Shephards Bush local council have decided to erect  neon flashing finger pointer signs aimed towards Loftus Road with the words "Massive Game this way"

Both teams having mixed results during the FA Cup but so far this season QPR have the advantage by beating Boro at our "gaff", having a few more points than us and playing good football to boot.

Certain that Mark Warburton will expect to do the double over Boro so that their fans can chant "Cor blimey guv" to whatever tune goes with that, strectch their lead and points gap between them and Boro making things a tad more difficult with the follow up games.

We can not afford to lose and maybe a draw would be a good result in the grander scheme of things but as a Boro fan there has been a strong element of anticipation that our team can go on, injected to ensure at least a top six spot but basically I want to see us beat QPR and with that in mind this little trip down the bush to me is THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON...............................away from home so far!!!!!!!

And if "project Connolly" is feeling strong then my boy bring it on!

Huge game, and one I think we'll need to play really well in to get anything.

Certainly better than we've played so far 2022.

I would snap your hands off for a point right now, a win would be amazing.

Blackburn losing on Saturday has opened things right up again.

6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Huge game, and one I think we'll need to play really well in to get anything.

Certainly better than we've played so far 2022.

I would snap your hands off for a point right now, a win would be amazing.

Blackburn losing on Saturday has opened things right up again.

Spot on and against QPR we have to play better than we have of late but I am prepared to be amazed🙂

The League Cup team by far. I think people are forgetting how incredibly fortunate we were on Friday night - two missed penalties, two shots off the bar, Fernandes missing an open goal, one or two catastrophic pieces of defending by Dijksteel and that insane early-doors moment with Lumley failing to claim the ball. United should have trounced us. We grew into the game and the penalties were magnificent, but I didn't think we played well as a team. Far too much passing back to Lumley who hoofed the ball to a United player.

It depends entirely on how Spursy Spurs are. If Son and Kane both start, I suspect we're doomed. If they don't both start, or if Spurs have one of those surprisingly frequent days where they forget how to play football, I think we could make it to the semis. One thing's for sure - if we dump both Manure and Spurs out of the FA Cup in quick succession, nobody will write off our chances of making the final.

High point - the two missed penalties at Old Trafford. Low point - losing to Blackburn. That probably killed our hopes of automatic promotion.

Reasonably, yes. Then again, never underestimate our ability to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Yes. Payero to start for Tav, to see what he can do with a run in the team. I'd also look to rest Dijksteel if possible, since he had an absolute mare the other night and needs to refocus.

6. As this is a celebratory post here is the correct order of enjoying celebrations from top to bottom.

Disagree. I cannot stand Galaxy chocolate, so they'd go at the bottom. My son likes Milky Ways so he always gets them, and the others could go in any order.

11 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Well who would have believed that would happen. A 3rd match in a row for me. Then add to that an amazing result in the FA Cup. We got some luck and better finishing from United the headlines would have been Manchester United are back to their best. Instead Watmore, Crooks and the rest of the Boro team ruined ITV (who probably wished they would get to show United again this season) and co commentator Lee Dixon's night. Also the meltdown of millions of United fans around the world.

8 sublime penalties go to show how we seem to be rather good in penalty shootouts. 

Anyway to QPR which is arguably the biggest game we have had since Friday 4th February. Its also another team with the chance to do the double over us. For me the home game was a low point for the season losing against 10 men. Historically it hasn't been a great ground for us to go to memories still linger of Andy Dibbles performance. Although recent years we have had Friends wonder goal and Leadbitter silencing the crowd moments after having his penalty saved. 

Talking points

6. As this is a celebratory post here is the correct order of enjoying celebrations from top to bottom .20210723_133926.thumb.jpg.48a9191297ea009a25bff34ec20bc873.jpg

At least you chose sweets and not crisps!

1. Which team was better. The team that beat United in the League Cup on penalties or the one that beat them in the FA Cup on Friday?

On paper I'd say the two Boro teams were quite similar, in terms of quality. However the United team we faced on Friday was a lot stronger than the 2015 team we beat, so I'm going with our current team.

Realistically, the 5th round is as far as we go, assuming Spurs play to their potential. If they have an off-day, however, I'd say we could get as far as the Quarter Finals.

There have been a few low points, haven't there? My pick would be getting beaten at home by either Coventry or Birmingham

I think there is only 1 high point we can choose at the moment, isn't there? Any time you beat Man Utd at Old Trafford is a bit special.

Nope. QPR are a very good team who are in contention for an automatic promotion place. I'm braced for a defeat and think this is another game where a draw will be a good result.

I'm actually pretty happy with the team that started against Man Utd. Would leave as is, barring changes for fitness/injuries.

6. As this is a celebratory post here is the correct order of enjoying celebrations from top to bottom.

Nay lad. The correct order is:

Galaxy Caramel

Mars

Twix

Maltesers

Milky Way

Galaxy

Snickers

Bounty

• Like 1

Okay, time for my usual look at our form against the opposition:

Overall >>> Played 56 >>> Won 18 >>> Drawn 17 >>> Lost 21

Home >>> Played 29 >>> Won 15 >>> Drawn 4 >>> Lost 10

Away >>> Played 27 >>> Won 3 >>> Drawn 13 >>> Lost 11

So historically it looks like a defeat or draw are on the cards. That said, Boro's last win at Loftus Road was relatively recent, coming on 20th January 2018, when we thumped them 3-0.

Boro's last 10 visits, stretching back to January 1998 have yielded a record of W3 D3 L4. 

Recent Form

QPR went undefeated last month, winning 4 and drawing 1 (league fixtures only), though 3 of those games were against Swansea, Birmingham and Reading.

Home Form (since September): W7 D2 L3

Boro had a relatively light schedule last month with just 3 league fixtures, winning 2 and losing 1.

Away Form (since September): W4 D2 L5

Anyone any the wiser yet? 🤷‍♂️

I’m as proud as anyone beating united one being it top my list of must hated teams but we got lucky, very lucky. I honestly don’t fancy our chances against Son and Kane but appreciate the income. 

QPR is the acid test which will show us what team we really have and a guide to where we can realistically expect to finish.  I think it’s a bigger game then united to be fair and wouldn’t be disappointed with a draw. 

• Like 1

The computer has thrown up some interesting fixtures for Wednesday night, so lots of possibilities. My prediction, we'll be happy, content, sad, or gutted.

Blackburn Rovers v Nottingham Forest

AFC Bournemouth v Birmingham City

Preston North End v Huddersfield Town

Queens Park Rangers v Middlesbrough

Sheffield United v West Bromwich Albion

• Downsouth changed the title to QPR VS Boro 2-2 (Fry, Adomah (og) )