oneBoro Forum

QPR VS Boro 2-2 (Fry, Adomah (og) )

We did play class tonight. Going away to one of the most inform teams in the league (after playing 120 minutes at old Trafford) and dominating the game and chances is a top effort. Did they even have a decent chance in the second half apart from the looping deflected shot?

Got to win on Saturday now and it’ll have been a great week.

• Like 2
  • Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some good news on Payero, his Missus who posted it. So happy

Marcus Browne in the away end supporting the lads 👍🏻

I'll just take it as a good performance where we should have won but let ourselves down with mistakes... I'd have snatched your hand off for 2-2 before the game and the fact we probably deserved more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

In my eyes it was the cause because it’s the driving factor. 

You cannot possibly pin that on Dijksteel. That was a routine backpass and any keeper with a brain and two eyes would have dealt with it easily

• Like 3

Such a great game, I feel for payero, just as he seems to be getting game time he picks up an injury. Looked like he rolled his ankle, could be the end of his season. I hope its not as bad as it looked. 

3 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Great performance that Boro deserved all three points, we were by far the better team, another glimpse of how this team will look with a full season under Wilder. Tav was outstanding tonight as good as Clumsley looked bad, we really need to bench him, he has made more howlers in the last three games than a keeper should in a season.  Gutted for Payero, doubt whether we will see him again this season. Should be elated at the performance and the point but feel strangely flat

Pretty tough games in hand though. Fulham and Sheff U.....

• Like 1
Just now, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Realistically when’s the earliest we will get an update on the extent of Payeros injury?

Well I doubt he's even made it to the hospital yet, so I'd say a little while

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

In my eyes it was the cause because it’s the driving factor. 

Difficult for me to say either way. In viewing it, both players should do better. But knowing both players, Lumley isn't always the best in those situations and Dijksteel kind of should be. Even earlier on in the game today he looked better with the ball whereas Lumley is what he is, a pretty average keeper who we get some good and some bad out of.

I'd put the responsibility on both of them. Lumley gives the ball away and could certainly do better with it but Dijksteel has definitely sold him short because of his own inability to handle the pass he was given.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Realistically when’s the earliest we will get an update on the extent of Payeros injury?

depends what it is.

Possibly not for a couple of days if there’s swelling. If it’s a break it could be updated in the morning.

• Sad 1
Just now, notjade said:

You cannot possibly pin that on Dijksteel. That was a routine backpass and any keeper with a brain and two eyes would have dealt with it easily

Not defending Lumley but the back pass was terrible. Lumley does need to be dropped but who to replace him with I don’t know but we need to spend big on a proven keeper. 

Just now, sanddancer said:

Not defending Lumley but the back pass was terrible. Lumley does need to be dropped but who to replace him with I don’t know but we need to spend big on a proven keeper. 

This is the other thing. Throw Brynn in and if he does bad what happens then?

I'd stick with Lumley personally. After tonight that might seem mad but I think he improved after his mistake, too.

• Like 2