oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough vs Derby 4-1 (Buchanan og, Connolly, Crooks, Watmore)

59 minutes ago, Essuuaitch said:

ive been following boro since 1967 and i can still count on one hand the good keepers ive seen for us . platt,pears.swartzter and randolph ...still one finger left. ...ok dimi can have the little pinky but the guy on loan  (smith i think) was quite decent

poor keepers , far bigger list,  worst tho are guzan,bettinelli and the guy who played in the cup final.  im not impressed with daniels, was really dissapointed with stewart and  valdes was a bad signing that failed to show anywhere near his top level  . 

The keepers in your lower list all made Kelham O’Hanlon look world class.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feel like this has been lost in the noise a bit... But Balogun's assist was outrageous. 

Deserved win for you. Jones was excellent. You need some luck in any game. First goal own goal, 2nd goal a vicious deflection, I think Allsop had the initial shot covered, Lovely play from Jones to se

We loan him to Nottingham and his price goes up?

Posted Images

This will be a difficult game. Putting aside all the off field stuff Derby been in form for a long time now. 

The thing that worries me is they team seems full of energy up top and this could maybe be a game top far in terms of fitness for our players.

I don't care about performance at all but just want a win. Then we have a full week to recover.

Andy Dibble was awful. He will take some beating for me.

I want promotion over FA Cup. I feel if we go up then this time it will be more enjoyable.

I'd choose winning the FA Cup over promotion, if it was guaranteed.

We've won promotion many times, we've only ever won one major trophy.

Plus when the scrap the League Cup in the next few years, it would be nice to still have an existing trophy.

3 hours ago, Essuuaitch said:

ive been following boro since 1967 and i can still count on one hand the good keepers ive seen for us . platt,pears.swartzter and randolph ...still one finger left. ...ok dimi can have the little pinky but the guy on loan  (smith i think) was quite decent

poor keepers , far bigger list,  worst tho are guzan,bettinelli and the guy who played in the cup final.  im not impressed with daniels, was really dissapointed with stewart and  valdes was a bad signing that failed to show anywhere near his top level  . 

Although they weren’t here long, Given was a brilliant keeper and Crossley was excellent for us when he played a spell.

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, ladyspite said:

Hey... I am supporting three teams. Boro  Brann and my local team....

Must be difficult when going to the match and shouting "Come on my local team"

No identity😉

• Haha 3

Feel like this one means a lot more to them than it does to us. Getting flashbacks to England v Scotland where the Scots all played possessed and barely put a foot wrong. A smaller gulf between Derby and Boro but still. 

Just have to hope it works in our favour and they get a silly red card or try too hard to make things happen, whereas our players keep their heads and just see it as another job to get done.

QPR was really encouraging though, that's the best we've played in ages. Maybe even full stop under Wilder, considering the opposition. Play like that and we should have enough to beat Derby. Same starting XI I guess, assuming everyone is fit enough to play.

As for crowd trouble etc... They'd be moronic to do anything, it will harm their cause and they'll get the bill for any damage/behavioural fines. But there will be plenty of morons in both sets of colours so who knows.

• Like 1

Saturday is going to be a decent crowd going on the amount of people I know planning to attend. I also checked MFC web site and there are 4271 tickets left on sale.
Weather prediction looks reasonable with possible showers and a high of 8c. 
My only hope is after the game we are in the news for all the right reasons.  

Copied over from QPR because Foogle posted a good response. 

Given all the talk about Lumley one thing that strikes me is we have have a respectful goals against total while we have a poor goals for. Just looking at the stats suggests our weakness is what many discuss, the inability to finish has cost points. I admit I have not broken it down NW and CW. 

On that note. A clean sheet and a 4 - 0 win! 

Edited by sanddancer
2 hours ago, ladyspite said:

Hey... I am supporting three teams. Boro  Brann and my local team....

3 teams? That deserves a severe beating, DZ just needed a clip round the ear.

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Middlesbrough vs Derby 4-1 (Buchanan og, Connolly, Crooks, Watmore)