oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough vs Derby 4-1 (Buchanan og, Connolly, Crooks, Watmore)

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feel like this has been lost in the noise a bit... But Balogun's assist was outrageous. 

Deserved win for you. Jones was excellent. You need some luck in any game. First goal own goal, 2nd goal a vicious deflection, I think Allsop had the initial shot covered, Lovely play from Jones to se

We loan him to Nottingham and his price goes up?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, estonpidge said:

For those with multiple teams,   if your teams clash who do you support?

Serious answer. Born in Saltburn, my first matches were at Ayresome Park with my grandfather during the Jack Charlton era so the Boro are my team.

Growing up I wanted to be a keeper and my role model was Pat Jennings so Spurs were always my second team. I still like to see them do well.

Moved to Yeovil and went to secondary school plus college there and went to a lot of matches with my friends. 

So my team is Boro but I will also support Yeovil and Spurs in that order. 

Other things. When I was a kid I liked the Wolves kit so I still have a soft spot for Wolves. One year I collected a whole set of bubble gum cards (probably the 75-76 season). The last one I needed for my set was Bruce Rioch of Derby. Eventually a kid I knew got one so I traded all my spares (over 100) for one Bruce Rioch. Ever since then I have liked Rioch and Derby. Of course when Rioch's kids did what they did it felt like a Boys Own story. Few idiot fans from Derby and the current issues don't change that; perfectly aware if things were the other way around that we would be raging too.

At school, my three best mates supported Liverpool, Man Utd and Leeds so I am always happy to see them lose. 😁

Edited by Bruce
corrected misspelling of Saltburn.
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
44 minutes ago, Humpty said:

What do you mean multiple teams?

Me, I was born in Yorkshire Supported Boro all my life, served 10yrs armed forces settled in Plymouth, encouraged my grandkids to support where they were born first, which they have become Argyle fans and regularly go to matches at Home Park,I like going with them to home matches(prob because I get to buy the Oggies at half time) So I have a fondness for Argyle, but my Heart belongs to Boro & always will

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Me, I was born in Yorkshire Supported Boro all my life, served 10yrs armed forces settled in Plymouth, encouraged my grandkids to support where they were born first, which they have become Argyle fans and regularly go to matches at Home Park,I like going with them to home matches(prob because I get to buy the Oggies at half time) So I have a fondness for Argyle, but my Heart belongs to Boro & always will

My dad was like that, he moved to Teesside from Stoke, his dad a big Stoke fan, but we didn’t live there so he took me to the Boro. My mums side were all big Boro fans so it was always going to be my team. It’s now my dads team as he has been going with me since the early 80’s

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Will said:

3 teams? That deserves a severe beating, DZ just needed a clip round the ear.

Well I was born in Bergen, father took me to watch Brann when I was 2.... Then my uncle took me to watch football in England when I was 5 (fulham - Boro div 3) we where suppose to see Tottenham but couldent get tickets....

And now living in Sweden and my daughters playing football I sort of have to support their team....

Very small chance the 3 team will play against eachother I reckon.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Must be difficult when going to the match and shouting "Come on my local team"

No identity😉

Or the standard chant of neutrals, "Come on whoever's winning!😁

Anyway, my football story is pretty brief. I was born in Romford but lived the early part of my life in Southend. So I like to keep an eye on their results.

When I first took a proper interest in football, I supported Spurs because I liked the kit and because Lineker and Gazza were playing for them at the time.

It wasn't until around 1989-90 that I moved to Teesside, due to family issues, to finish my last few years of school (and later go to 6th form, uni etc.) and got into Boro through talking to the other kids.

So its pretty much a triple dose of pain and suffering, with Southend being perennial lower league strugglers, Spurs flirting with major success, but never quite managing it and good old Boro... 😂

Also used to follow Lazio and Sampdoria thanks to Gazza (again) and David Platt, but haven't bothered for ages.

Edited by AnglianRed
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, estonpidge said:

For those with multiple teams,   if your teams clash who do you support?

That's incredibly unlikely. I support Boro and AGF and I can't imagine them clashing anytime soon. I could never support two teams in the same country though. That would be weird. Or Italy. Or Spain. Or Germany. Or France. Definately not in footballing outbacks like Sweden and Norway.

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Have people seen Wilders presser conference today? He was full of laughs and jokes.

He has very decent banter. His pressers are always a good listen.

He is always a decent watch if you like that kind of thing. People saying they'd miss listening to Warnock speak won't be missing much listening to Wilder, put it that way. He's very talkative, generally very positive and I think he oozes that desire to work hard. He looks and sounds like a man with a plan and with every intention of fulfilling it here.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Have people seen Wilders presser conference today? He was full of laughs and jokes.

He has very decent banter. His pressers are always a good listen.

He seems to have cheered up a lot in recent ones, maybe as he's getting to know everyone better, though I'm sure the results will help.

I was never a huge fan of Warnock pressees personally. I find people who constantly whinge in life very tiring.

Wilders honest, direct and off the cuff manner is much more to my liking.

Warnock was better than Pulis mind whose spin was too much. But Pulis in turn did not send me to sleep like Monk did.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Middlesbrough vs Derby 4-1 (Buchanan og, Connolly, Crooks, Watmore)