oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough vs Derby 4-1 (Buchanan og, Connolly, Crooks, Watmore)

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feel like this has been lost in the noise a bit... But Balogun's assist was outrageous. 

Deserved win for you. Jones was excellent. You need some luck in any game. First goal own goal, 2nd goal a vicious deflection, I think Allsop had the initial shot covered, Lovely play from Jones to se

We loan him to Nottingham and his price goes up?

Posted Images

2 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Wait were people criticising Lumley for there goal? 

I criticised it at the time, and I have just watched the replay of their goal. Lumley is so far over to his left hand side when the strike comes in and he doesnt get there. It does come through a crowd of players, but I feel that his starting position could have been better to save it. The shot wasnt exactly fizzed in either.. 

I think he is an okay keeper, but I do feel that he should have done better for it. 

2 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

That Balogun assist was delicious. 

Only caught part of the game but amazing result glad to see Connolly score and perhaps maybe turn his season around and fans opinions.

I can't generally defend Lumley especially after the error midweek but I do think having seen the goal the criticism is harsh on him unless there's another angle.

Overall its a great result especially given the tension pre game it could so easily have seen a slip up. Although I'm sure Crooks scoring will rub it in somewhat.

Are there clips of the Crooks and Lawrence challenges people are saying should have been red cards.

From angle I saw, it looked like Lumley's view was obscured and by the time he could see the ball it was too late for him to react in time.  I don't think many Championship keepers would have saved it unless they were having one of those games where they are suddenly pulling off worldlies all the time. 

• Like 2

I think it's easy to see, that Lumley's view was blocked and he saw it too late ... He reacts just after the ball came out of the crowd ... It just looked like a "blunder" cause it wasn't a fizzer ...

56 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

In real time I thought it was a foul by Bird initially. Then crooks ended up crumpling into Bird. I'll have to see it again. Certainly not a red though. 

Their player (possibly Ravel?) who was diving in to two footed tackles late in the game on the other hand...

On second viewing, not a foul by Bird. Foul by Crooks, but yellow only. Ref got it right.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Pork Slops said:

Includes the Crooks challenge and the Tom Lawrence / Tav coming together, which was a full on attempt at a headbutt from Lawrence.

You can see what I was on about re the Derby commentary 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I think it's easy to see, that Lumley's view was blocked and he saw it too late ... He reacts just after the ball came out of the crowd ... It just looked like a "blunder" cause it wasn't a fizzer ...

Agreed. If you watch, as McNair clears the ball you see Lumley give a little jump as he's trying to see where the ball is going. He then resets himself in place. If he started moving to readjust his position he would run the risk of being wrong-footed. He certainly didn't expect a shot to make its way through so many bodies without being deflected; by the time he sees it he has no realistic chance of getting to it. 

Quite a few of the recent goals against us can be traced back directly to a mistake by us: not this time. It was a good shot, well executed and lucky to get through. About the only criticism I can see is that McNair should have tried to clear it wider rather than mostly straight back down the pitch; there's always a risk of someone lurking on the edge of the area and taking a pot shot. 

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

On second viewing, not a foul by Bird. Foul by Crooks, but yellow only. Ref got it right.

I think that's close to a red by itself.  His foot doesn't touch the ground until well after he makes contact with Bird.  You aren't supposed to tackle with your studs up, and your foot off the ground.  I think that Crooks had already elbowed someone in the head as well so to me he is lucky to stay on overall.

• Like 1

Am l the only one who thinks Taylor has been key to our last two games?

I'm the first one to point out the flaws of our older players but he has been bloody excellent the last two games. Dare I say better than bola has been in this system (albeit a much smaller sample size)

Just now, Neverbefore said:

Am l the only one who thinks Taylor has been key to our last two games?

Yeah probably the only one 🙂 He's doing a job, which is useful but no more than that.  He wouldn't even be in the top half dozen players for me, probably only ahead of Lumley, Dijksteel possibly, and the strikers.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah probably the only one 🙂 He's doing a job, which is useful but no more than that.  He wouldn't even be in the top half dozen players for me, probably only ahead of Lumley, Dijksteel possibly, and the strikers.

Very interested to see if Bola can be anywhere near as effective as Izzy in this system when he returns, can you imagine that.

Club's definitely know how reliant we are on Isaiah now, but as someone pointed out, you cannot stop it.

Electric acceleration, great composure, consistent decision making and almost always perfect delivery.

Its like Traore but we've transposed the power of his quads into a brain.

Steve Martin would be a huge fan.

• Haha 3