oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough vs Derby 4-1 (Buchanan og, Connolly, Crooks, Watmore)

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feel like this has been lost in the noise a bit... But Balogun's assist was outrageous. 

Deserved win for you. Jones was excellent. You need some luck in any game. First goal own goal, 2nd goal a vicious deflection, I think Allsop had the initial shot covered, Lovely play from Jones to se

We loan him to Nottingham and his price goes up?

Posted Images

1.What’s your score prediction for this one?

I have a horrible feeling they're going to overturn us, their players will be massively fired up and they'll feed off the rabid sold out away support. 1-2. I hope I'm wrong.

2. How many changes would you make from the team that started on Wednesday?

Balogun for Sporar, any other game and I'd want Sol Brynn to replace Lumley but I feel with the size of the game we need a keeper with Championship experience.

3. Who are the three worst goalkeepers you’ve ever seen play for us?

Ben Roberts, Andy Dibble, Brad Guzan

4. Assuming Mike Ashley is playing chicken with Quantuma and ends up buying Derby, will they stay up?

I hope not, but I fear they will. I also fear they're going to come out of admin debt free and with no further punishment

5. If a genie granted you one Boro-related wish, would you rather see us get promoted to the PL this season, or win the FA Cup?

Promotion, if only to get away from *** Derby.

Also if we do fail FFP like Derby fans are hoping we will, all we'll get is a slap on the wrist and a small fine 😛

56 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Understandable, though I'm not sure publishing articles about it will help the situation.

I'd like it to be talked about more, to be honest. People who are looking to do something on Saturday are going to do that regardless of whether people are talking about it but it's the people who just went to get to the game, watch it and go home safe that need to be aware of how bad things are.

I think it'll be 2-0 to Boro. My hope is that we see a good game of football and that the Neanderthals in both the home and away sections leave out the unwanted chants/songs and behave themselves both inside and outside the ground. None of the sorts of idiocy we saw when Brum drew at ours recently. They were 2-0 up in the 86th minute and singing "we're gonna have a party, when Derby County die". 10 minutes later, the equaliser went in and after the initial, usual post goal celebrations, the South Stand changed the 2nd part of it to "when Derby equalise". Cue the Neanderthals among the Bluenoses to rip up seats and throw them into the South Stand faithful injuring quite a few. All of this was captured on CCTV but no arrests reported as yet. Here's hoping nothing similar happens on Saturday.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'd like it to be talked about more, to be honest. People who are looking to do something on Saturday are going to do that regardless of whether people are talking about it but it's the people who just went to get to the game, watch it and go home safe that need to be aware of how bad things are.

It's the home fans I'm concerned about this agitating 

If there's an article going about saying that our owner is having to put in place extra security because of fears of troublesome/violent Derby fans, some of our more idiotic fans might get violent towards Derby fans themselves.

• Like 1

What is needed from anyone associated with Boro is a totally professional performance throughout.

The eyes of the footballing world will be on us and possibly the majority of neautrals backing Derby.

Derby as a team have shown courage, tenacity and are more than capable of beating us if we do not have the desire to impose ourselves on them.

I do not forsee a draw

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's the home fans I'm concerned about this agitating 

If there's an article going about saying that our owner is having to put in place extra security because of fears of troublesome/violent Derby fans, some of our more idiotic fans might get violent towards Derby fans themselves.

I don't think they'll be any more agitated by this than the expected behaviour of some Derby supporters on the day, to be honest.

51 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Perhaps @Denzel Zanzibar could go onto a Rams forum and ask them what crisps and chocolate they like best, am sure he will be welcomed especially with his current avatar!

Sadly it’s a vitriolic echo chamber on their boards, but they are trying to tell folk not to bring derby into disrepute on Saturday. Like us they have identified those fans likely to cause issues, young, pyro loving, kids belly,  and not on the forums only YouTube and Ultra sites.

• Like 2
Just now, Magebane said:

Well no matter what happens, atleast we probably won't be seeing them for a long time.

Until they meet up again at the courts 😀

in bad taste but frankly I don’t think turning the other cheek or being the better man or ram is going to be the defining factor for this game sadly.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Perhaps @Denzel Zanzibar could go onto a Rams forum and ask them what crisps and chocolate they like best, am sure he will be welcomed especially with his current avatar!

Haha! I can only imagine the amount of havoc he would wreak on a Derby forum...until he got banned anyway.

troll trolling GIF

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I would hope the extra security around the ground will at least give them a clue. Hopefully the PA announcer will also be broadcasting security messages before and after the game.

1 hour ago, MadAmster said:

I think it'll be 2-0 to Boro. My hope is that we see a good game of football and that the Neanderthals in both the home and away sections leave out the unwanted chants/songs and behave themselves both inside and outside the ground. None of the sorts of idiocy we saw when Brum drew at ours recently. They were 2-0 up in the 86th minute and singing "we're gonna have a party, when Derby County die". 10 minutes later, the equaliser went in and after the initial, usual post goal celebrations, the South Stand changed the 2nd part of it to "when Derby equalise". Cue the Neanderthals among the Bluenoses to rip up seats and throw them into the South Stand faithful injuring quite a few. All of this was captured on CCTV but no arrests reported as yet. Here's hoping nothing similar happens on Saturday.

Sadly I think its a given there will be some trouble. Best we can hope for is that the police & stewards nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand.

Not going myself but hoping the majority decide to be sensible and that everyone just gets to enjoy a decent game of footy.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Middlesbrough vs Derby 4-1 (Buchanan og, Connolly, Crooks, Watmore)