oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough vs Derby 4-1 (Buchanan og, Connolly, Crooks, Watmore)

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feel like this has been lost in the noise a bit... But Balogun's assist was outrageous. 

Deserved win for you. Jones was excellent. You need some luck in any game. First goal own goal, 2nd goal a vicious deflection, I think Allsop had the initial shot covered, Lovely play from Jones to se

We loan him to Nottingham and his price goes up?

Posted Images

one the gunnersworld arsenal fourm they posted a clip of the 4th goal. one fan maoned bacause dunc never ran over to balo after he scored. 'hes worried for us' lol

probably doesnt realise dunc just scored wit hhis first touch (i think?) and just ran into the crowd to celebrate. he did run over to him afterward for a hug. i think at that point balogun was to knackered to ran after him and join in the fun  

I'm glad this one is over to be honest, I'm fed up of hearing about Derby.  I posted a while back I had a degree of sympathy for them but that's completely evaporated. Fans are deluded dirt bags, managers a yob (who's got some questions to answer) and the clubs a corrupted mess that thinks cheating is something to be proud of.  They can go crawl back under the irrelevant rock they came from, hopefully whilst Ashley turns them to dust.

• Like 6
39 minutes ago, LOAM said:

I'm glad this one is over to be honest, I'm fed up of hearing about Derby.  I posted a while back I had a degree of sympathy for them but that's completely evaporated. Fans are deluded dirt bags, managers a yob (who's got some questions to answer) and the clubs a corrupted mess that thinks cheating is something to be proud of.  They can go crawl back under the irrelevant rock they came from, hopefully whilst Ashley turns them to dust.

Shush your talking about a founder member club of the Football League. Show some respect your talking about the great and mighty Derby County.

🤪

• Haha 8
12 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Sorry to go on about Payero injury but think he suffered an ankle injury and looking at the recovery time for ankle injuries it can vary from 10 weeks to worse cases being 6 months.

Worst case scenario is he will be back for start of next season.

Best case scenario is he is back for the play off final. Where he comes off the bench and bends the winning goal in the top corner after we get a free kick 20yds out before running to Matt Crooks and dry humping him like Clayton&Leadbitter did v Brighton after the Stuani goal

I am backing best case scenario.

I think with the precious little we have seen of him that we should go with the worst case scenario just to forget about the little fantasies we have about him and the messiah role attached to him.

What the team will do for the rest of the season they will do without Payero just wonder how long it wil be before they let him return home will be a good indication.

Getting used to Payero being one of those unlucky players and forgive me if wrong was it not somewhat self inflicted?

• Like 4
39 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I think with the precious little we have seen of him that we should go with the worst case scenario just to forget about the little fantasies we have about him and the messiah role attached to him.

What the team will do for the rest of the season they will do without Payero just wonder how long it wil be before they let him return home will be a good indication.

Getting used to Payero being one of those unlucky players and forgive me if wrong was it not somewhat self inflicted?

From the swelling they will have gleaned some indication of how severe it is. The news given by Wilder in his PC on Friday indicates that they have either now done a scan or the swelling is reacting in such a way that a short term injury can be ruled out.

Im not sure if they will let him or that he will want to go home so soon. If it is a long term injury I expect he might want to return to South America early, but with the season drawing to a close and possible excitement he and the club might want to stay for this first bit of his rehabilitation.

I’m not putting putting a damper on yesterday because I’m elated, not just about yesterday but the change since Chris arrived. 
All teams have weakness and were I feel we need to improve is clearing the box, ironic really we are not bad for goals conceded. I see far to many times when the ball is knocked outside the box  we don’t have anyone central to close down opponents. This is also visible when opponents attack.
Our attacking option is prominently down the right and if it wasn’t obvious it is now because Jones is now household name. We need a second option because if Jones is injured or under the weather we loose core strength. 
Lumley is average championship at best and he has me on edge every time the ball is passed back, I don’t think he is agile enough, lethargic  and his positioning is questionable. In his defence some of the back passing has been suicidal. 
I have mentioned this before but I still don’t believe we are converting enough goals from chances created. The majority scored are through determination, scrappy, more of a bar fight then finesse. With players gelling I’m hoping this may change sooner rather then latter.  

• Like 2

Watched the Derby side interviews and reports last night. Talk about deluded! They treat everything as if they were unlucky and the opposition got lucky. They don't think they deserved 4-1, and that they would have gone on to win if Crooks was sent off. Unsurprisingly ignoring an attempted headbutt from their captain and another of their players grabbing Howson by the neck. 

Some 'fans' don't deserve a football club. 

• Like 2

We need to move on from Derby and focus on ourselves. The Derby negativity is tainting the positives we as a club have a right to bath in. Why is Derby pronounced Darby, anyway couldn’t give a flying **** about Derby what they do, why or where they do it and talking about them just keeps them in the limelight. 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 6

Deserved win for you. Jones was excellent. You need some luck in any game. First goal own goal, 2nd goal a vicious deflection, I think Allsop had the initial shot covered, Lovely play from Jones to set up Crooks for the 3rd although some might argue that Crooks should have seen red on 30 minutes for the challenge on Bird, 4th one we gifted although the cheeky back heel to set up the shot was excellent. Cracking volley from Bird for our goal. You're the only side to put more than 2 past us in a League game this season. That speaks volumes for you. I believe you will make top 6 and then it's 3 games from possible promotion. Good luck.

• Like 11

I do find it funny that some fans are trying to put a negative spin on how incredible Jones has been under Wilder.

Rather than celebrating that we have an excellent player, it's now "we're *** without him and far too reliant on him".

• Like 1