oneBoro Forum

Bristol City vs Middlesbrough 2-1 (Crooks)

18 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Ah yes those class goalscorers uche (2 in 20) and hernandez (1 in 17). Your whole comment earlier was that you thought Connolly did well but will never be a goalscorer and now you're saying that those two, who are far further along in their development (connolly only just turned 22 - he's younger than Jones), were better options despite also not being goalscorers. 

It's all just confirmation bias with you - you had these preconceived notions that you will not shake. Connolly has been our best striker the last few weeks - watmore did nothing when he came on today and sporar has been off the boil too. 

yes connolly been the best striker. sporar had what 2min on the pitch last 2 games and watmore coming on as a late sub. with about what 25min total last two games. take the blinkers off. your just arguing against me for the sake of it. 

look i want us to win, but when we dont the emotions spill over due to the optimism. yes sure i dont like connolly as a player and balogun is proper powder puff isnt he lets be honest here. if they were decent and didnt have glaring weaknesses i'd not feel the need to vent my frustrations would i. 

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Safe travels, lads.  

Scene 1: Int (Day) [The Middlesbrough team coach, en route to Bristol. A group of players are sitting around a table holding brown playing cards. Chris Wilder wanders up from his seat at the fron

It’s calm and clear here to (WSM) wind and rain picking up over lunchtime but then easing off in time for kick off.  Safe travels to all making the journey and if you happen to see a couple of fe

Posted Images

Just now, Changing Times said:

Sporar didn't even travel so I think illness is far more likely than sulking.  We did win 4-1 last week, Sporar was on the bench for that one, and I think naming the same XI wouldn't be particularly controversial.

yes hope so. tbh just emotions boiling over a bit after we blew a great chance to get to within 6 points of 2nd. if we had two decent strikers we'd have won that game i think. 

that's it with us though isnt it. boro get your hopes up then bam you sink back down to earth and realize how crap some of our players actually are no matter how hard you want them all to be good.

13 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

yes hope so. tbh just emotions boiling over a bit after we blew a great chance to get to within 6 points of 2nd. if we had two decent strikers we'd have won that game i think. 

that's it with us though isnt it. boro get your hopes up then bam you sink back down to earth and realize how crap some of our players actually are no matter how hard you want them all to be good.

I'm looking at it this way mate:  The way we played today was better than probably 90% of the matches I've seen from us over the past 4/5 years.  In the end we lost so we're all disappointed but we weren't hopeless in losing, we just lacked the same cutting edge we have lacked for a while now.  At the moment we are trying to fix that problem with the loan signings but I think that next season we will have different players. 

It's still possible that at least one of the two younger lads clicks and gets going this season but I think it's a big ask to move from Premier League reserve football to the Championship.  Some players take to it like a duck to water but others either don't, or it just takes them a while to find their feet.  I'd be annoyed with them if I felt they weren't making an effort but to me they clearly have been.  We just need that effort to turn into goals now.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

I'm looking at it this way mate:  The way we played today was better than probably 90% of the matches I've seen from us over the past 4/5 years.  In the end we lost so we're all disappointed but we weren't hopeless in losing, we just lacked the same cutting edge we have lacked for a while now.  At the moment we are trying to fix that problem with the loan signings but I think that next season we will have different players. 

It's still possible that at least one of the two younger lads clicks and gets going this season.  I think it's a big ask to move from Premier League reserve football to the Championship.  Some players take to it like a duck to water but others either don't, or it just takes them a while to find their feet.  I'd be annoyed with them if I felt they weren't making an effort but to me they clearly have been.  We just need that effort to turn into goals now.

yes its a good point you make. they are both struggling to adjust so shouldnt get to frustrated with them. you know if we started with sporar and watmore and they wasted all their chances i'd probably just be gutted we lost without really moaning about individuals. 

its frustrating because we did quite well in the second half and were on top they go down the other end and score pretty mcuh from nothing after all our huffing and puffing. after the second it reverted back to the same. us probing round their box but not breaking through.  still miles better than under warnock.

under karanks we were struggling to win away to. just need to get the odd win/draws and continue to beat everyone at home and we'll make the play offs still. then its anyones.

7 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Sporar didn't even travel so I think illness is far more likely than sulking.  We did win 4-1 last week, Sporar was on the bench for that one, and I think naming the same XI wouldn't be particularly controversial.

I wonder how much that flight down affected our performance, It must have been quite an experience 

• Like 1

Games like this are exactly when the Tuesday games straight after are best.

I feel deflated after another game I didn't feel we deserved to lose, but they can try and put it right immediately with a big home game against West Brom.

1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

I’ve just seen the highlights..I’ve got to say that I feel Lumley should have done better for the goals or is that being too harsh?

It's one of those ones where I think a better goalkeeper could have saved them, rather than should have saved them.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I’ve just seen the highlights..I’ve got to say that I feel Lumley should have done better for the goals or is that being too harsh?

Seeing that it is you MBP  too harsh!😉

44 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Games like this are exactly when the Tuesday games straight after are best.

I feel deflated after another game I didn't feel we deserved to lose, but they can try and put it right immediately with a big home game against West Brom.

Totally agree and the WBA MDT is up!

Deflated is an understatement especially against a team many expected to beat comfortably.
The reality is with a newly assembled squad we have over performed for some considerable time and the fact many a knowledgeable poster on here have highlighted our weaknesses so it shouldn’t come as surprise. 
Strength, conceding less then most teams, weakness scoring less then most teams.
We all use statistics in our postings to support or counter discussions and typically possession was used to support dominance yesterday, but anyone of football knowledge will point to possession as irrelevant if it’s accumulated in passive play with no end product. I believe we spar reasonably well and improving but when it matters we can’t step up and land the punch. We run out of ideas, loose composure which ends up in a bar fight inside the box. 

I think yesterday we got a bloody nose but we will learn, regroup and have enough to finish in the playoffs. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Deflated is an understatement especially against a team many expected to beat comfortably.
The reality is with a newly assembled squad we have over performed for some considerable time and the fact many a knowledgeable poster on here have highlighted our weaknesses so it shouldn’t come as surprise. 
Strength, conceding less then most teams, weakness scoring less then most teams.
We all use statistics in our postings to support or counter discussions and typically possession was used to support dominance yesterday, but anyone of football knowledge will point to possession as irrelevant if it’s accumulated in passive play with no end product. I believe we spar reasonably well and improving but when it matters we can’t step up and land the punch. We run out of ideas, loose composure which ends up in a bar fight inside the box. 

I think yesterday we got a bloody nose but we will learn, regroup and have enough to finish in the playoffs. 

Pretty sure an expected goals worth of 2.2 definitely doesn’t show ‘passive play with no end product’. If you look at stats from other teams an expected goals of 2.2 is likely to be one of the highest in the league. Edit: it actually is the highest in the league this week 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

It's one of those ones where I think a better goalkeeper could have saved them, rather than should have saved them.

The only shots we seem to rely on Lumley saving are ones straight at him. Randolph used to literally win us points by saving certain goals every other match. I can't remember Lumley making even a half-decent save, genuinely. It's shocking to me that there's so much debate on this forum about whether he's good enough or not. He's one of many Warnock/Woodgate hangovers who will need to be shifted before this team can play as well as Wilder wants them to.

• Like 1