oneBoro Forum

Bristol City vs Middlesbrough 2-1 (Crooks)

24 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Questions for the audience:

1.       Who makes your starting XI, and why have you chosen that combination of strikers?

Keep the same team from the Derby game, as far as possible, to try and get the new recruits better integrated into the team. Maybe swap out Fumbley for Daniels.

2.       Is anything less than three points a failure at this stage of the season?

Looking at the league table you'd think so, but I've done a bit of stat-mining and it may not be as straightforward as it looks on paper.

3.       What’s your current prediction for our final league position?

With 16 games still to play, there is still too much that could happen to make any predictions with confidence. That said, barring a major loss of form, Boro should finish in the play-offs. The only question is where.

4.       If you could go for a pint with any former Boro manager, living or dead, who would you choose?

Probably Bryan Robson. He seems like a guy with a lot of interesting stories to tell.

Boro's historical and recent form against Bristol City means a victory against the Robins isn't perhaps as nailed on as you might expect form looking at the league table.

Overall:    P84 W35 D22 L27

Home:     P41 W25 D8 L8

Away:      P43 W10 D14 L19

Historically not a happy hunting ground for us, though in our last 10 visits to Ashton Gate, stretching back to 24th September 1994, Boro's record reads W5 D1 L4 (so improving).

Bristol City Home Form (since September): Won 7 Drawn 4 Lost 4

Boro Away Form (since September): Won 4 Drawn 3 Lost 5

So while Boro should be looking for a win, Bristol are on a bit of a roll, having won their last 3 home games (against Millwall, Cardiff & Reading), so they will be feeling confident of getting something. I'll cautiously predict a 2-1 Boro win, but wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being like the QPR game.

Bookies are all heart aint they, Parasites They give us 13/15 to win Shocking odds considering in 69 yrs I can't ever remember being Happy driving home from there to Plymouth...I'd take a point now

• Like 1
  • Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Safe travels, lads.  

Scene 1: Int (Day) [The Middlesbrough team coach, en route to Bristol. A group of players are sitting around a table holding brown playing cards. Chris Wilder wanders up from his seat at the fron

It’s calm and clear here to (WSM) wind and rain picking up over lunchtime but then easing off in time for kick off.  Safe travels to all making the journey and if you happen to see a couple of fe

Posted Images

Morphling?! Dael Fry and Connolly weren't even alive when that card was played 😡

magic the gathering table flip GIF

I'll go for a 0-1 away win for us, this game has all the hallmarks of a 6 goal thriller so it will turn out the opposite.

I think we'll either scrape 6th or miss out by a point and sue Nottingham Forest into liquidation.

I'd go for a pint with Southgate myself!

41 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Morphling?! Dael Fry and Connolly weren't even alive when that card was played 😡

magic the gathering table flip GIF

I'll go for a 0-1 away win for us, this game has all the hallmarks of a 6 goal thriller so it will turn out the opposite.

I think we'll either scrape 6th or miss out by a point and sue Nottingham Forest into liquidation.

I'd go for a pint with Southgate myself!

Morphling. I think that was even before my time when I was playing Magic some 25 years ago.

• Like 1

Morphling? That was *after* my time.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.9f4f16b8de290638097b170769e9a37d.jpg

Team?

I think I would be tempted to start the same 11 that started against Derby. Maybe Sporar in for Balogun because Sporar does link up play better. I think I would be planning a 60 minute double sub of Balogun and McGree though because they showed signs of linking up really well. In McGree's brief cameo he looked a cut above our other midfielders.

Points - win prizes. It would be a knockback not to win but to call it failure would be overly harsh.

League prediction. Most likely we'll end up around 4th. One thing I do remember though is the 18-19 season when Villa got promoted. Game 35 is when Grealish came back from injury and they proceeded to win 10 in a row.

image.png.1379016076dec6da475c80c914a17e05.png

It's not impossible for us to end up 2nd if Bournemouth crumble and we win at least 11 of our final games. Probably not going to happen but it's a credit to the transformation that Wilder and Knill have made that it's even possible.

• Like 2

Bristol City are a pretty poor team they have two threats one minor in Weimann but one serious in Semenyo (I don't rate Chris Martin) as long as we keep Semenyo quiet we should do OK as they will give us plenty of opportunities to get shots off, we just need to take them. 

Uwe's Prediction 1-3 away win :classic_wink:

28 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

People in this thread who play Magic: The Gathering and/or D&D be like

it crowd roy GIF

Magic and D&D was a lot more social than the stuff they do today with their freakin' TikTok and online gaming.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Magic and D&D was a lot more social than the stuff they do today with their freakin' TikTok and online gaming.

One of the reasons I picked up tabletop gaming a couple of years ago now is getting away from screens. I love video games too but there's so many incredible board games out there of all shapes and sizes, from simple little card games (significantly simpler and more enjoyable than Magic!) to miniature heavy monstrosities. I'd encourage anyone who likes getting something like Monopoly to a table with their family to at least try out something like Ticket to Ride.

• Downsouth changed the title to Bristol City vs Middlesbrough 2-1 (Crooks)