oneBoro Forum

Boro v West Bromwich Albion 2-1 (McNair, Tavernier)

1 minute ago, Whoppy said:

First time I’ve seen anyone acknowledge that Dijksteel is dodgy on the ball under pressure. 

I think i’ve seen it mentioned a few times to be fair. Clearly seems to have massive issues on the ball though. Constantly passes back to lumley

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Balogun is 5th choice striker for me ... He's had enough minutes to show something ..  Connolly will still come good I reckon ..  Tav MUST play LWB ..  Sporars off the ball movement is

The first half was the worst under Wilder to date. No point picking out individuals because there were so many sub-par performances. WBA shut down our channels well which meant the defence struggled t

Now, to me, tonight's performance was what I'd call pedestrian, or certainly up until we made the changes.  I think we were mostly in control before that, even a goal down, but we weren't doing much o

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

We play too much in front of teams. Counter quickly to the edge of their area stop and pass back until we give it to Lumley to whack up field.

Think we've managed to break well but lacking any sort of final ball or composure in the final 3rd. I prefer this than hoofball though. 

Gotta say I was baffled at the time that we didn't bring Spence back and switch Jones to lwb... 

Then we brought Coulson back and I thought we had the lwb sorted. But then Coulson went out again. Coulson for me, couldn't be any worse than Taylor.

These 2 strikers are hopeless and Hernandez and Uche were far better options.

We still have Clumsley in goal.

Initially I thought maybe we did OK in January. Now I'm convinced with the exception of McGree, it was garbage.

Dear Chris Wilder,

Please drop Joe Lumley

Ideally, bound and gagged in a burlap sack, into the River Tees.

Lots of love,

Denzel

P.S The Connolly/Balogun experiment clearly isn't working, you might want to do something about that.

P.P.S Opposition teams have also figured out Isaiah Jones. Just saying.

• Like 1

Frustrating half. We controlled the first 20, although Balogun seems to have brought the old 'try to walk it in tactic with him from Arsenal. 

I don't know how it wasn't a foul in the first few minutes when Jones got past his man and was through on goal. Should have been at least a yellow and a foul. 

Lumley is giving me kittens. Keeps running out into no man's land and wildly swinging for the ball. What I'd do for a Randolph! 

Must improve second half

Just now, TheJew said:

Gotta say I was baffled at the time that we didn't bring Spence back and switch Jones to lwb... 

Then we brought Coulson back and I thought we had the lwb sorted. But then Coulson went out again. Coulson for me, couldn't be any worse than Taylor.

These 2 strikers are hopeless and Hernandez and Uche were far better options.

We still have Clumsley in goal.

Initially I thought maybe we did OK in January. Now I'm convinced with the exception of McGree, it was garbage.

Watmore became a bit part player when he signed Bolasie, Mendez-Laing and Kebano, he seems to have become the same here. No idea why, I rate him above our other strikers as much as I like Sporar. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Boro v West Bromwich Albion 2-1 (McNair, Tavernier)