oneBoro Forum

Boro v West Bromwich Albion 2-1 (McNair, Tavernier)

Just now, TheJew said:

Sporar's movement is smarter, I actually think he presses more as well.

Connolly gets in the way of other players half the time.

In other words, I like Sporar, I don’t like Connolly… fair enough. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Balogun is 5th choice striker for me ... He's had enough minutes to show something ..  Connolly will still come good I reckon ..  Tav MUST play LWB ..  Sporars off the ball movement is

The first half was the worst under Wilder to date. No point picking out individuals because there were so many sub-par performances. WBA shut down our channels well which meant the defence struggled t

Now, to me, tonight's performance was what I'd call pedestrian, or certainly up until we made the changes.  I think we were mostly in control before that, even a goal down, but we weren't doing much o

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

looked like he hadnt played for a while didnt he. though he did hold the ball pretty well later on. should have done better a couple of times. same as connolly. i'd say watmore is our best forward folowed by sporar and connolly. we should be starting watmore with one of them. as long as watmore starts i'm happy lol

Agree with this… Watmore deserves to start going forward. Toss of the coin between the other 3, with Sporar and Connolly probably ahead of Balogun. 

Everyone saying Sporar has been as bad as Connolly and Balogun need to give their heads a wobble. 

Connolly has offered very little in his 7 appearances, although I think Balogun deserves a similar run of games alongside Watmore and Sporar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

you can understand the connolly doubters. hes made a few awful decisions that could have been simple enough goals. but he hasnt won us games as yet. and he was terrible initially, once he wins us games like sporar and watmore have people are more willing to be patient and forgiving with him. he still has to win us over. 

he looks useful now and i'm sure he can get goals, i'm hopeful he can win us over. previously i had no doubt in my mind he was a duck egg. thats progress that is.

balogun though, he has the two assists but still looks like a kid playing with men and hasnt been involved at all the last two starts.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Ogbeche173 said:

Everyone saying Sporar has been as bad as Connolly and Balogun need to give their heads a wobble. 

Connolly has offered very little in his 7 appearances, although I think Balogun deserves a similar run of games alongside Watmore and Sporar.

Why?

Connolly has been miles better than Balogun in the last three matches.

Surely Connolly is the one who deserves the run of games alongside Watmore on that basis.

• Like 3

Balogun is 5th choice striker for me ... He's had enough minutes to show something .. 

Connolly will still come good I reckon .. 

Tav MUST play LWB .. 

Sporars off the ball movement is world class .. When he finds his shooting boots again, he'll be fine .. 

Our absolute best line up must be: 

Sporar, Watmore

Tavernier, McGree, Howson,  Crooks, Jones

Paddy, Fry, Dijksteel 

Not Lumley

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Balogun is 5th choice striker for me ... He's had enough minutes to show something .. 

Tav MUST play LWB .. 

Sporars off the ball movement is world class .. When he finds his shooting boots again, he'll be fine .. 

Sporar, Watmore

Paddy, Fry, Dijksteel 

Not Lumley

This.

3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Tav MUST play LWB .. 

Sporar, Watmore

Paddy, Fry, Dijksteel 

Smogdane

Fixed it for you Sonni 😂😂😂

• Like 1
Just now, Blanco said:

Fixed it for you Sonni 😂😂😂

Thanks man .. You just saved my childhood dream ❤️ 

I was a keeper for a few years .. In the 8th best Danish league 😄 😛

• Haha 1

I thought McGree looked a class player tonight, that pass for the first goal was superb and he also gets in the box as well so should add to our goals tally. I must add to the calls for Tav (who was excellent tonight) to play on the left West Brom suddenly couldn’t pack the right side and Jones said thank you very much and did his usual stuff. Hard win that but a good three points

• Like 6
18 minutes ago, J.T. said:

So does Connolly. But when it comes to Connolly that’s not enough. When it comes do Sporar, that’s enough. Double standards. 

It's more sporar has created moments of magic while Collony he hasn't shown he can do much apart from the lucky deflection against Derby 

• Like 1

I feel now is a time to pay tribute to the wonderful texts Steve Bruce wrote Striker Defender and Sweeper. 

And now the game. I was out and had to record it. I managed to avoid the result and watch the game from an hour behind. What a great result and what a turning point the change of system had on the game. Leading up to that point I thought we were on top until their goal but then I was struggling to see us break West Brom down. But what a move that was for the first goal. Its the first time I have got to see Mcgree and wow what a player we have there and ball to Tav was great. By the end we probably should have made it more comfortable with some better decision making it could have been 3-4. 

There were many good performances Fry had Carroll in his back pocket, McGree and Tav were sublime but for me Dijksteel was man of the match he was back to his best defensively and then was a big threat going forward easing the responsibility on Jones to create everything.