oneBoro Forum

Barnsley V Boro 3-2 (Sporar (pen) Owngoal)

Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

We defend well when teams play in front of us or lump balls forward but when you get players running at us they pass our defenders with ease. 

It's weird then that all these teams don't seem to notice it and do it to us every game...

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The defence isn't dodgy, it's one of the best in the Championship, although clearly far from perfect.  They had a bad day today though.  It's bizarre that so many people can't seem to differentiate be

Venue: Oakwell, Barnsley. Date and kick off:      Saturday 26th February 2022 at 1500hrs or 3.00pm to those who do not know the 24 hour clock.   Introduction Barnsley FC welcome (o

Your obsession with Crooks getting an automatic suspension is more worrying than my obsession with turning this place into the premier crisp discussion forum, Alan! I'd love to see the team that

Posted Images

Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

We defend well when teams play in front of us or lump balls forward but when you get players running at us they pass our defenders with ease. 

The unfortunate reality is that Fry isn't (that) good. He's a decent Championship defender but he's nowhere near the Prem, or even really knocking on the door of top 6.

McNair is a good footballer but not really a CB. Should be playing in the midfield and getting forwards.

Dijksteel the worst of the 3 and unfortunately not good enough.

Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

The unfortunate reality is that Fry isn't (that) good. He's a decent Championship defender but he's nowhere near the Prem, or even really knocking on the door of top 6.

McNair is a good footballer but not really a CB. Should be playing in the midfield and getting forwards.

Dijksteel the worst of the 3 and unfortunately not good enough.

*** hell, here we go again!

• Confused 1
7 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Difference being that, as seen again today, we need someone who can finish off chances. Our regular midfield 3 has been terrific and there are the likes of McGree and Payero who have both shown more than Siliki has.

But thats just a case of not changing a winning / successful team. If you're being kept out of a successful side, there's not a much you can do about it.

Especially with a manager like Wilder who likes to name the same starting XI as far as possible.

Going back to my earlier post, I think even Balogun has had more game time than JLS. Point being that if you're not playing, you're not going to be match fit and its unreasonable to expect a guy who barely has any game time, to be on it in his first start since Warnock was in charge.

Had a bad feeling when I saw JLS and Taylor starting and been proved right tbh.

Not that I blame those two players at all, but we are so bad going forward without Crooks, McGree and an attacker at LWB. 

Jones is a bit off colour so we just aren't scoring today.

they are winning the battle. we need to be faster and stronger. they are simply first to everything. they are trying harder than us. we look like we dont like being pushed to play at this tempo. shocking stuff. howson needs to go back to his usual position and jls further forward and taylor off and connolly on. watmore and connolly off sporar with tav and jones wide. howson holding. 

we cannot lose today. not with a performance like this. need to change something tactically and wilder needs to sort them out. looks like the players expected and easy game. we were shell shocked and conceded to two soft goals. weak defending. terrible terrible stuff so far.

1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Maybe they just need a 12 page post from you.

Possibly, cos you'd think if it's so obvious that at least a few of the Championship clubs would base their game plans on it, and yet they don't seem to be doing it, or it just isn't actually true...

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Barnsley V Boro 3-2 (Sporar (pen) Owngoal)