oneBoro Forum

Barnsley V Boro 3-2 (Sporar (pen) Owngoal)

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The defence isn't dodgy, it's one of the best in the Championship, although clearly far from perfect.  They had a bad day today though.  It's bizarre that so many people can't seem to differentiate be

Venue: Oakwell, Barnsley. Date and kick off:      Saturday 26th February 2022 at 1500hrs or 3.00pm to those who do not know the 24 hour clock.   Introduction Barnsley FC welcome (o

Your obsession with Crooks getting an automatic suspension is more worrying than my obsession with turning this place into the premier crisp discussion forum, Alan! I'd love to see the team that

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

A lot of people Post with their emotions (I’m guilty of that too sometimes) except when it comes to Lumley he really is 🐶 💩 

Indeed we are all waiting for the perfect game from him but he does not seem to want that he is a disaster in waiting at any given point in the game wht the other keepers are like only CW seems o know and maybe Leo

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

It is a fact though that with Lumley in the team we'd won 30 points from 15 before today.  Two points a game would have you automatically promoted.  So whilst we can definitely see that he is costing us at times, and getting away with other mistakes that could/should have cost us, it's also a fact that the start to our season is an issue.  If Daniels is really worse than Lumley, which he must be if both sets of coaching staffs won't pick him, then God knows why we signed him at all.  It feels like we signed one back up goalkeeper who is a bit better than another back up goalkeeper.

We were on 2 points a game despite him. He has cost us several points since wilder came in and will cost us the playoffs

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

How many clear cut chances did we create today, not that many and the best chances seem to fall to Sporar??????

That is one of our consistent problems. Too often our players have to try and force their way past, or shoot through defenders, meaning their shots are snatched, or take deflections.

We fail to create many good shooting opportunities, where our forwards aren't having to do 2 or 3 other things before they take their shots.

It would take top class strikers to make something of many of the chances we create...and sadly ours are far from that.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

Jesus Christ. People wanting Dijksteele getting rid in the summer? Absolute madness. He’s class. He had an off game today, granted. But overall, we are so unbelievably better with him in our team. 

I want us to sign a left sided centre back so paddy can go to the right of fry. And dijksteel to be first choice back up. I think we'll look a lot more balanced then both going forward and defensively.

2 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Jesus Christ. People wanting Dijksteele getting rid in the summer? Absolute madness. He’s class. He had an off game today, granted. But overall, we are so unbelievably better with him in our team. 

Its definitely not often we have cause to criticise him.

Just now, AnglianRed said:

That is one of our consistent problems. Too often our players have to try and force their way past, or shoot through defenders, meaning their shots are snatched, or take deflections.

We fail to create many good shooting opportunities, where our forwards aren't having to do 2 or 3 other things before they take their shots.

It would take top class strikers to make something of many of the chances we create...and sadly ours are far from that.

Watmore had a clear cut chance and sporar had at least two really good chances. 

Balogun had lesser chances but made more of them. I was glad to see him out of the starting line up this game but I think he (and Connolly for that matter) did enough to start the next one. 

Taking Taylor out of the side and getting back to our midfield 3 would work wonders on this side imo. 

Just now, AnglianRed said:

It has a lot to do with the lack of balance in our wide areas. So many of our goals lately have come from Jones playing a low cross in from the right to be tapped in. That's a high goal-scoring opportunity area, but he's the only one able to create them.

Nothing comes down the left because Taylor is a defensive full back who is past it, not a wing back, so we are incredibly easy to shut down offensively.

It is really not easy to score goals against a defensive team. The way we play, passing it across the edge of the box and looking for the perfect pass, is easy to defend against.

Getting balls wide and then into the box at pace, as we see with Jones, and saw when Tavernier when into LWB against West Brom, is horrible to defend against.

Basically the team is unbalanced as *** and we are desperately in need of sorting it out.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Not sure how you can look at this back 5 and think it's ready for a promotion push. There's 1/3 CBs who is an actual CB, and 2 wing backs who are a winger and a defensive full back.

We have no aerial presence outside of Crooks, McNair/Dijksteel are awful in the air and Fry, for his size, is not strong enough to match up to big Championship strikers/CBs who frequently give us an absolute hiding (Ostigard, Dykes, to name 2 off the top of my head in recent weeks.)

You can look at "one of the best in the Championship" as much as you want but the fact is the worst attack in the league put 3 past us today.

Yeah, cos we had a bad day today, and the worst attack in the league put three past us.  If I'm not mistaken, the best attack in the league managed one against us, the second best managed zero.  Presumably that counts for something or are we saying that today alone defines this group?

I could have sworn that we played against Andy Carroll twice recently and I don't remember him dominating the game against Fry?  In fact, he hardly got a look in during midweek.  I also don't remember Dykes doing much of anything down at QPR, when we were comfortably the better side?  Our problem from a defensive point of view in that game was the two lads playing off him, Chair and Willock, and the fact that we allowed them lots of space in front of our own area on occasion.  Fry dealt with Dykes comfortably from what I remember.

• Like 2

Utterly dreadful first half performance, I'd be surprised if Siliki plays for us again.

Lumley was shocking for their third goal.

Dijksteel was a walking disaster.

Sporar and Watmore anonymous.

Connolly was injured almost immediately and then played on without really contributing.

Balogun had two almost moments, at least.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Uwe said:

A lot of people Post with their emotions (I’m guilty of that too sometimes) except when it comes to Lumley he really is 🐶 💩 

Let me help you with that (not quite big enough). I'd say Lumley is more...

pile GIF

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

Its definitely not often we have cause to criticise him.

It's not often people want to criticise him when the keeper is taking most their attention away. I just mentioned that backpass at QPR which barely anybody cared about because Lumley is the one who gave the ball away ultimately. He has similarly gotten away with a few things this season but as is often the case in both football and life, it's often the last line of defence that gets the greatest criticism.

Just now, Changing Times said:

Yeah, cos we had a bad day today, and the worst attack in the league put three past us.  If I'm not mistaken, the best attack in the league managed one against us, the second best managed zero.  Presumably that counts for something or are we saying that today alone defines this group?

I could have sworn that we played against Andy Carroll twice recently and I don't remember him dominating the game against Fry?  In fact, he hardly got a look in during midweek.  I also don't remember Dykes doing much of anything down at QPR, when we were comfortably the better side?  Our problem from a defensive point of view in that game was the two lads playing off him, Chair and Willock, and the fact that we allowed them lots of space in front of our own area on occasion.  Fry dealt with Dykes comfortably from what I remember.

Carroll was excellent for Reading against us and was the key reason we barely had a sniff for 65 minutes, he held the ball up brilliantly and scored for them.

Dykes tortured us at times and, again, won every ball played to him.

Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

Carroll was excellent for Reading against us and was the key reason we barely had a sniff for 65 minutes, he held the ball up brilliantly and scored for them.

Dykes tortured us at times and, again, won every ball played to him.

No he didn't mate, seriously, you've obviously made your mind up today but no Dykes didn't torture us at times, that's just not true.  Carroll had a better game for Reading than WBA but hardly bossed it, if you think he is the reason we didn't have a sniff for 65 mins then we're clearly not even close to being on the same page as to what we were watching that day.