oneBoro Forum

Barnsley V Boro 3-2 (Sporar (pen) Owngoal)

3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

We at least deserved something from Bristol and QPR though. Today has been the worst.

Squad depth shown up tbh - if Crooks and McGree were playing we'd be much better.

We were poor in those games though, yes deserved something but we were noticeably worse than the home games

Blackburn was a poor performance too

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The defence isn't dodgy, it's one of the best in the Championship, although clearly far from perfect.  They had a bad day today though.  It's bizarre that so many people can't seem to differentiate be

Venue: Oakwell, Barnsley. Date and kick off:      Saturday 26th February 2022 at 1500hrs or 3.00pm to those who do not know the 24 hour clock.   Introduction Barnsley FC welcome (o

Your obsession with Crooks getting an automatic suspension is more worrying than my obsession with turning this place into the premier crisp discussion forum, Alan! I'd love to see the team that

Posted Images

1 minute ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

You know you can give an opinion with out saying this is my opinion.

it is clear to read that your opinion is that my statement wasn’t true. July just decided tried to be a smart *** about it. Typical C_ _ T

CT and GB ignore each other please

3 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

You know you can give an opinion with out saying this is my opinion.

it is clear to read that your opinion is that my statement wasn’t true. July just decided tried to be a smart *** 

You still haven't responded to my point though.  If it's just a case of running at us, why haven't teams being doing this, or if they have, how come it hasn't been successful.  See if you come up with answer that doesn't involve me this time.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

That's why I said it's perhaps not on him as an individual, mate. I'm not really having a go at him but he is a passenger whether it's his fault or not.

None of our strikers are on form so the Connolly comparison doesn't really work, we're praying and hoping that any of them kick on. We don't need to do that with our midfield. When Crooks and McGree are back, assuming no other issues, JLS possibly doesn't even make the squad because there's just no call for giving somebody else a go.

I mentioned Connolly (and Balogun) in response to your comment about not being able to afford to carry passengers.

We've had a number of players whose contributions have been variable to non-existent, but Wilder has persisted with them.

As you said its hard to argue for JLS starting when our first choice midfielders are available, but with no game time, how can we expect him to ever show his potential?

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You still haven't responded to my point though.  If it's just a case of running at us, why haven't teams being doing this, or if they have, how come it hasn't been successful.  See if you come up with answer that doesn't involve me this time.

Stop provoking CT please

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Impossible everything is about you. 

Big tumble for Calamity Joe.

Maybe it'll jog his memory and he'll remember how to goalkeeper?

Oh wow - Balogun with a cheeky effort that is so close to pulling a goal back for Boro. Great work by Connolly and Sporar too.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

As you said its hard to argue for JLS starting when our first choice midfielders are available, but with no game time, how can we expect him to ever show his potential?

The short answer is we can't and probably won't. For the strikers, we will see how they do because the strikers are often interchanged by Wilder anyway and they have no real fight on their hands if they do the business.

• Downsouth changed the title to Barnsley V Boro 3-2 (Sporar (pen) Owngoal)