Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

Barnsley V Boro 3-2 (Sporar (pen) Owngoal)


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I can't believe how empty I feel at the moment...Shocked doesn't cover it...This has to be the worst performance I've seen in years...Good God where's my fishing tackle to

Yep stick to fishing you get less bad days

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The defence isn't dodgy, it's one of the best in the Championship, although clearly far from perfect.  They had a bad day today though.  It's bizarre that so many people can't seem to differentiate be

Venue: Oakwell, Barnsley. Date and kick off:      Saturday 26th February 2022 at 1500hrs or 3.00pm to those who do not know the 24 hour clock.   Introduction Barnsley FC welcome (o

Your obsession with Crooks getting an automatic suspension is more worrying than my obsession with turning this place into the premier crisp discussion forum, Alan! I'd love to see the team that

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

1 point fro 12 away from home over the last four games should show that if this aspect is not stopped we will not make top 6

That statistic escaped my attention.
We have struggled for quite a few games to be fair. I mentioned in another post I believe teams had worked out plan A, and now come at us fairly quick. The fact we start slow doesn’t help either and the all in last 30 mins won’t always pay dividends. The fact we have loitered in the plays offs is flattering the squads ability.  
I can’t think of a time I have seen four poor strikers at one club. If we are not comically conceding at one end we are missing at the other. Thank the lord own goal is doing its bit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

Nah. We got lucky against a struggling Man Utd team (and they should have buried us first half). Spurs are a far more formidable prospect. Yes they're still being Spurs (blowing hot and cold) but I don't think even that will help us.

 

Of course. I didn't mean that we will squeeze past Spurs. It would just be typical Boro if we did.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Yep stick to fishing you get less bad days

I have all the gear and no idea but enjoy my days anticipating a bite.

Never had any luck in the UK but in Dubai I had many good days and big game fish on lures. 
One trick I employed was spraying WD40 on the lure and on traces I handled. The other was either soaking lures in bait scents or drilling into lures then packing with linen and soaking in bait scent which leaves a big trail when trawling or bottom fishing. 
 

Stick to fishing… 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Oslo_Syd said:

Of course. I didn't mean that we will squeeze past Spurs. It would just be typical Boro if we did.

Honestly if we did there will be a Stewart enquiry and drugs testing. 
 

If we loose by less then six I would be surprised. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Just now, sanddancer said:

Honestly if we did there will be a Stewart enquiry and drugs testing. 
 

If we loose by less then six I would be surprised. 

Didn't we just draw 1-1 at Man Utd?  Now you're expecting us to lose by 6 to Tottenham at home?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I have all the gear and no idea but enjoy my days anticipating a bite.

Never had any luck in the UK but in Dubai I had many good days and big game fish on lures. 
One trick I employed was spraying WD40 on the lure and on traces I handled. The other was either soaking lures in bait scents or drilling into lures then packing with linen and soaking in bait scent which leaves a big trail when trawling or bottom fishing. 
 

Stick to fishing… 

 

15 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I have all the gear and no idea but enjoy my days anticipating a bite.

Never had any luck in the UK but in Dubai I had many good days and big game fish on lures. 
One trick I employed was spraying WD40 on the lure and on traces I handled. The other was either soaking lures in bait scents or drilling into lures then packing with linen and soaking in bait scent which leaves a big trail when trawling or bottom fishing. 
 

Stick to fishing… 

Two leisure passions football and pike fishing, both can be beautiful when that go right and gut wrenching when your team capitulates like today or that 30 pounder slips the hooks at the net. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

I can't believe how empty I feel at the moment...Shocked doesn't cover it...This has to be the worst performance I've seen in years...Good God where's my fishing tackle to

Funny you should say that as I contemplated packing my gear in the car and driving down to the Trent to sulk overnight with a just few cans & my own thoughts to keep me company........utterly deflated!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I totally get everyone feeling down and empty but come on everyone, lets keep our heads up and keep cheering on the boys.

The players need to keep they heads up and really tackle the last 13 games head on and we need to get behind then, despite how much frustration they bring us at times.

The next 3 league games (Luton at home on 5th and Sheff Utd & Millwall both away on 8th and 12th) could define our season so lets *** get up and have a *** go.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sanddancer said:

That statistic escaped my attention.
We have struggled for quite a few games to be fair. I mentioned in another post I believe teams had worked out plan A, and now come at us fairly quick. The fact we start slow doesn’t help either and the all in last 30 mins won’t always pay dividends. The fact we have loitered in the plays offs is flattering the squads ability.  
I can’t think of a time I have seen four poor strikers at one club. If we are not comically conceding at one end we are missing at the other. Thank the lord own goal is doing its bit. 

I think i disagree with absolutely everything in this post. Genuinely 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we just need to remember where we were heading under warnock and were we are at the moment.

Atleast we still have a chance at the playoffs, under warnock that wasn't possible.

If we go up great fantastic BUT i honestly would prefer another full season before we go up,get to the summer clear the deadwood out and bring in some quality that were desperately lacking in key areas and start on the front foot next season and not have to play catchup because of all the needless points we've thrown away under warnock.

remember wilder is here for the medium/long term because theres so much work that needs to be done still and you cant fix it all in a january transfer window.

Chin up lads its a cack result but doesn't define our season.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I went to the game must say applaud all the fans in the away end not many supporters would still be stood up chanting when 3 nil down to bottom of the league. The second half fight back was good though and we came really close to pulling off the comeback if only Connolly took his chance, Balogun shot didn't hit the post and lumley could close his legs we might of pulled a mirical off. However I must say our defence has got so leaky last few games that away from home is a problem. As it gets the home crowd going and builds the confidence.  Meanwhile Lea Silki is biggest waste of space and hope he never features for us again he was horrific. Just jogs about having no idea what he's meant to be doing. It allowed Barnsley to run straight through midfield so many times in that first half. However we move on crooks and mcgree be back. Luton looks massive next week now I hope some on the spurs support comes for next week's game 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The blame lies with Dijksteel for 3rd goal. He has a very weak back pass on him and its not the first time its happened.

However, Lumleys legs being that open was the secondary issue for me as far as he is concerned. The first issue was once again his desire to needlessly rush out as far as he did and then seemingly stop at the edge of the box with his legs open as Dijksteel was putting enough pressure on the attacker to possibly put him off

Had he not rushed out as much as he did then that ball would have rolled to him. Provided he held on to it of course.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

The blame lies with Dijksteel for 3rd goal. He has a very weak back pass on him and its not the first time its happened.

However, Lumleys legs being that open was the secondary issue for me as far as he is concerned. The first issue was once again his desire to needlessly rush out as far as he did and then seemingly stop at the edge of the box with his legs open as Dijksteel was putting enough pressure on the attacker to possibly put him off

Had he not rushed out as much as he did then that ball would have rolled to him. Provided he held on to it of course.

I think Dijksteel's failure has naturally panicked him forward a bit. If he stays in his goal the whole time and doesn't make a move towards the ball then if Dijksteel doesn't make up the ground, he's in a bad position and the striker has the whole of the goal to aim at.

But then Dijksteel catches up with the player and suddenly his position is poor, he's hoping Dijksteel is going to make a challenge otherwise he'd probably not have just stopped on the edge of his own box. And he can't backtrack, once he's come forward he has to stay forward and hope for the best.

The pace, or lack thereof, is the biggest reason I could hold that goal against Lumley because I don't think their forward makes a good connection with the ball at all. There's enough in it for me to think he could have done better. 

But Lumley has been put into an extremely uncomfortable position because of Dijksteel's failure to control a simple ball. If he controls that, we're not talking about this 3rd goal at all.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...