oneBoro Forum

Barnsley V Boro 3-2 (Sporar (pen) Owngoal)

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The defence isn't dodgy, it's one of the best in the Championship, although clearly far from perfect.  They had a bad day today though.  It's bizarre that so many people can't seem to differentiate be

Venue: Oakwell, Barnsley. Date and kick off:      Saturday 26th February 2022 at 1500hrs or 3.00pm to those who do not know the 24 hour clock.   Introduction Barnsley FC welcome (o

Your obsession with Crooks getting an automatic suspension is more worrying than my obsession with turning this place into the premier crisp discussion forum, Alan! I'd love to see the team that

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

If you go by recent form, haven't we won our last 6 or whatever it is at home? And we play at home Vs spurs ..

Oh alright right then if you put it that way, we will hammer them👍

• Confused 2
8 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Just going on recent form.. 

Eh?  You mean only today's games I suppose.  If you go by even more recent form then we won our second half 2-1, and Spurs won theirs 1-0, so that means we get a draw.  Even more recent form than that if you only include injury time then we won 1-0, and Spurs drew 0-0, so we get the win.

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Eh?  You mean only today's games I suppose.  If you go by even more recent form then we won our second half 2-1, and Spurs won theirs 1-0, so that means we get a draw.  Even more recent form than that if you only include injury time then we won 1-0, and Spurs drew 0-0, so we get the win.

Very logical explanation which makes perfect sense. 

• Sad 1

Was really annoyed earlier, first half Barnsley just looked like the wanted it more and we played poorly to add to that.

I'm sure next league game we won't play that poorly but that doesn't excuse this performance.

One thing I'm majorly concerned about is Lumley, Wilder seems either incapable of dropping him or unwilling too, it's so stubborn when in half our games he costs us points with basic mistakes. Next season if he doesn't bring in another keeper and perists with Lumley I would no longer want him as our manager.

32 minutes ago, LBP said:

Dijksteel had a bad game but is still top 3 most important players for us 

Bails us out of so many situations the role he plays, similar to kyle walker in a back 3 

His pace on the recovery will be needed v Son and Spurs attack so dont expect him to be dropped. Plus Wilder will want all back 5 to play to get they confidence up.

46 minutes ago, LBP said:

Dijksteel had a bad game but is still top 3 most important players for us 

Bails us out of so many situations the role he plays, similar to kyle walker in a back 3 

I don't know if I'd have him in our top 3 players.  In fact, I think if we'd managed to sign Clark from the Geordies then he might have been the one who lost his place over time.

• Like 2

Didn't watch the game today .. But I just watched the highlights .. 

Poor defending and very poor keeper .. 

That last goal .. omg .. 3 sheep and a bull could run through Lumley's legs before he would react .. Very poor positioning of the body .. 

It's vey clear that the attacker sees the gap .. and just places the ball between Lumley's wide open legs .. 

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't know if I'd have him in our top 3 players.  In fact, I think if we'd managed to sign Clark from the Geordies then he might have been the one who lost his place over time.

Totally agree with this CT. Had we signed a left footed defender (Clark as you mentioned) then surely Paddy would have switched to the rigjt hand side and Fry in middle.

I still think Dijksteel position in starting 11 is at serious risk next season regardless of what division we are in given we will surely bring in a left footed CB and he most likely to make way. 

Dijksteel will be good cover though as he can play RB and CB so will essentially offer the cover Peltier now does who I suspect will leave.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Sorry we need to endure this again to debate the comical aspects and enforce some comments already made on the thread.

Don't like to show this but goes both ways, rough with the smooth etc.

If only that Balogun strike had gone in. Would have been a lovely goal 

2 hours ago, boro-unger said:

If only that Balogun strike had gone in. Would have been a lovely goal 

You could apply quite a few if only's of late, if only Boro tried earlier to play a game with higher intensity, if only defenders did not have mares at the wrong time, if only Lumley could have saved the second goal and not practice star jumps for the third!

Need to adopt a attitude of getting the first goal ourselves especially away from home

• Like 3