oneBoro Forum

Barnsley V Boro 3-2 (Sporar (pen) Owngoal)

2 hours ago, Alves car salesman said:

Same young keeper who had 4 put past him today 🙃

No guarantee that would happen in the first team of course, with a better more experienced defence in front of him. But I still think it's too soon to push the calls of Brynn to play.

I wouldn't be too shocked to see Daniels come in for the Spurs game and one good game and he keeps his place. Though it's hardly an ideal solution when you have 2 average keepers basically earning their place when one of them plays badly. Daniels hasn't solved the issue we had, that's why he's on the bench and has been for plenty of games. He had plenty of critics when he was booted out of the team for Lumley, now he could get his chance until he also does something bad, then Lumley comes back in and... etc. etc. etc.

As far as I can see, stability of the same keeper is as good as we can hope for. Until the summer anyway.

• Like 1
  • Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The defence isn't dodgy, it's one of the best in the Championship, although clearly far from perfect.  They had a bad day today though.  It's bizarre that so many people can't seem to differentiate be

Venue: Oakwell, Barnsley. Date and kick off:      Saturday 26th February 2022 at 1500hrs or 3.00pm to those who do not know the 24 hour clock.   Introduction Barnsley FC welcome (o

Your obsession with Crooks getting an automatic suspension is more worrying than my obsession with turning this place into the premier crisp discussion forum, Alan! I'd love to see the team that

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

No guarantee that would happen in the first team of course, with a better more experienced defence in front of him. But I still think it's too soon to push the calls of Brynn to play.

I wouldn't be too shocked to see Daniels come in for the Spurs game and one good game and he keeps his place. Though it's hardly an ideal solution when you have 2 average keepers basically earning their place when one of them plays badly. Daniels hasn't solved the issue we had, that's why he's on the bench and has been for plenty of games. He had plenty of critics when he was booted out of the team for Lumley, now he could get his chance until he also does something bad, then Lumley comes back in and... etc. etc. etc.

As far as I can see, stability of the same keeper is as good as we can hope for. Until the summer anyway.

Bizarrely you seem to be a fan of Lumley @wilsoncgp. His performance at Barnsley was really poor. Even his Granny should be considered before him. We should sign Dimi as a free agent before we play him again. And I thought Dimi was nowhere near good enough 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm not sure that Lumley equals stability, we looked anything but stable on Saturday. 

He does give us consistency of performance i suppose, its not like he's great one week and terrible the next he's just bad every week. 

• Like 1

Honeslty think Daniels is worse than Lumley on the basis of the games we've seen both play this season. Lumley is our keeper till the end of the season unfortunately. Just got to try to get behind him. Even though he is nowhere near the level we need.

Another terrible warnock signing. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Blanco said:

Bizarrely you seem to be a fan of Lumley @wilsoncgp. His performance at Barnsley was really poor. Even his Granny should be considered before him. We should sign Dimi as a free agent before we play him again. And I thought Dimi was nowhere near good enough 🤷‍♂️

I'm not a fan of Lumley, I just don't see the point in going mad at the manager for picking him when it's him, Daniels or any of the academy keepers we have available. I'm all for replacing him when the time comes, hell if there was a decent free agent available we could afford right now, I'd back us to sign him. But there's really no point moaning about it, is there? Constantly swapping keepers after a bad performance does no good. It's pretty much as @Duvelsays above; it's about the stability of a known quantity.

What I find bizarre is that saying Lumley isn't anywhere near as bad as Bettinelli was for us or not joining in on the dog-piling that somehow seems to make people think I want Lumley to sign a bumper new long-term contract, like he's in any way the future of the club. It's just being realistic with the options we have, nothing more than that.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I'm not a fan of Lumley, I just don't see the point in going mad at the manager for picking him when it's him, Daniels or any of the academy keepers we have available. I'm all for replacing him when the time comes, hell if there was a decent free agent available we could afford right now, I'd back us to sign him. But there's really no point moaning about it, is there? Constantly swapping keepers after a bad performance does no good. It's pretty much as @Duvelsays above; it's about the stability of a known quantity.

What I find bizarre is that saying Lumley isn't anywhere near as bad as Bettinelli was for us or not joining in on the dog-piling that somehow seems to make people think I want Lumley to sign a bumper new long-term contract, like he's in any way the future of the club. It's just being realistic with the options we have, nothing more than that.

That’s fair comment. I haven’t been piling on him but I can’t defend him either. He is a weak link for us

This thread was moved early. Just seen the highlights and damn that was some atrocious defending for at least the first and third. What the hell was Dijksteel doing. Jesus, stuff like that should put him on the benchm but we don't really have alternatives. Imagine that being at Wembley. Horrific and 100% his goal. And how do you allow a completely free header for their first. Very unimpressed with those conceded goals. We need to cut out stuff like that.

13 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Honeslty think Daniels is worse than Lumley on the basis of the games we've seen both play this season. Lumley is our keeper till the end of the season unfortunately. Just got to try to get behind him. Even though he is nowhere near the level we need.

Another terrible warnock signing. 

Think its harsh to judge Daniels on what we've seen so far. He got the same problem as JLS - very limited game time.

He might be just as bad, or even worse than Daniels, but I don't think its fair to judge either. As it is both will likely get moved on before they get a real chance to prove themselves.

At least we see Lumley week in, week out and know how bad he is.

Though I do agree with Blanco about getting Dimi back. He'd be an upgrade at least, even if not quite the level of ability we're after.

12 minutes ago, Borodane said:

This thread was moved early. Just seen the highlights and damn that was some atrocious defending for at least the first and third. What the hell was Dijksteel doing. Jesus, stuff like that should put him on the benchm but we don't really have alternatives. Imagine that being at Wembley. Horrific and 100% his goal. And how do you allow a completely free header for their first. Very unimpressed with those conceded goals. We need to cut out stuff like that.

Indeed, the first one was calamitous defending all round. Totally unorganised, nobody aware of the back post header despite us being sat off and waiting for the cross to come in. If I was to be cynical, I'd suggest Lumley, being the one with the best view, should be asking his defence to push out, if indeed he didn't.

Personally I just don't see what we have to lose by giving Sol a run of games. There's just absolutely no way he's a downgrade on Lumley. At worst, Sol is just as error prone as Lumley, but best case is he's a huge step up. 

Think it was stupid to cut his loan short if he's just gonna sit as GK3, personally.

• Like 2

The situation we are in is pretty ridiculous. We have a first choice Keeper who is nowhere near the standard required for this level of football. His deputy is just as bad and looked even worse when given a run of games. We let Stojanovic go out on loan again so I'm guessing that our Coaches didn't rate him (although given that they clearly rated Lumley and Daniels I'm not entirely confident in their ability to judge). We tool Sol Brynn back from a loan where he was playing week in week out and doing well by all accounts yet seem reluctant to use him. 

It would have made more sense to bring in a loan Keeper who would have been number one in January instead of bringing Brynn back. It wasn't difficult to see by then that neither Keeper was adequate. I can only conclude that in training Brynn must look shocking if the other two are ahead of him.

• Like 3