oneBoro Forum

Boro v Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup) 1-0 (Coburn)

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coburn will win it. 

I'd still rather keep squad turnover to a minimum though, if we can get by just selling Spence then that would absolutely be my favoured option.

Honestly think that was near enough a 10/10 from Howson tonight, he was absolutely excellent.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Well it's game day not that anyone seems too fussed about.

Going to be a terrific game of football if only we could score first😀

We're going to get battered. Not sure that's terrific.

• Like 1

Hate to say it but last week has really taken the shine off this for me. Would rather it was a league game where we could put things right. Not really in the mood for a potential battering after being pumped by Barnsley... Especially as I have to watch it with a Spurs fan.

Still, anything could happen... Spurs might turn up with a bad attitude. Lady luck might be on our side again. As Wilder said though, defend like that again and this won't be pretty. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Hate to say it but last week has really taken the shine off this for me. Would rather it was a league game where we could put things right. Not really in the mood for a potential battering after being pumped by Barnsley... Especially as I have to watch it with a Spurs fan.

Still, anything could happen... Spurs might turn up with a bad attitude. Lady luck might be on our side again. As Wilder said though, defend like that again and this won't be pretty. 

You mean Lumley is not going to have a mare today

19 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Lloris is more than capable of a howler as well. Lets hope so anyway.

He's also won a World Cup... Lumley is just happy to make it off the pitch without being the #1 talking point. 

Son is one of my favourite players but I really hope he steps on a plug or something and has to miss tonight's game as a precaution. The thought of him versus Dijksteel is terrifying. 

I'll be way more hopeful about at least scoring some ourselves tonight if I see the below midfield:

Tav-McGree-Howson-Crooks-Jones 

4 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

He's also won a World Cup... Lumley is just happy to make it off the pitch without being the #1 talking point. 

Son is one of my favourite players but I really hope he steps on a plug or something and has to miss tonight's game as a precaution. The thought of him versus Dijksteel is terrifying. 

I'll be way more hopeful about at least scoring some ourselves tonight if I see the below midfield:

Tav-McGree-Howson-Crooks-Jones 

Hell even CBM at LWB. Anyone but the offensive black hole of Neil Taylor.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Hell even CBM at LWB. Anyone but the offensive black hole of Neil Taylor.

Or even McGree if he wants to keep Tav central? Just anyone who can beat a man and cross decisively. 

But yeah we can't afford passengers tonight. It's not Taylor's fault as it's not his position, but as you say... Our left flank is a black hole where attacks go to die. 

11 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Don't think he even needs to have a mare tbh... Just performing at his baseline level of goalkeeping ability will be problematic 😂

Problem is like....there's no shot that's too bad to go in with Lumley, if that makes sense? Like anything on target is a genuine goal threat with him in net.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Problem is like....there's no shot that's too bad to go in with Lumley, if that makes sense? Like anything on target is a genuine goal threat with him in net.

Yep exactly. It's not like he's underperforming... He's just a reserve-standard keeper who plays to his natural ability level. I'd go as far to say he might be the worst starting GK in the league? He's in the conversation for sure. And now we pass to him all the time when he clearly doesn't want the ball which makes it even worse. 

I actually hand on heart think I would have saved Barnsley's third, as I'd have just stayed near my line praying Dijksteel made the tackle or held him him up. 

• Like 1

To be honest, it's Dijksteel and Taylor who are concerning me. Neither of them has had a good performance for us lately, and we need them to be rock-solid because if they fluff their lines, Lumley will come flying off his and probably concede a free kick or a penalty against players as talented as Son and Kane (assuming they play, which I think they will).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup) 1-0 (Coburn)