oneBoro Forum

Boro v Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup) 1-0 (Coburn)

5 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

...and they were - 

[I don't cope well with suspense]

Started off with just jif lemon and sugar trying to be good but then descended into maple syrup, chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce and finally black treacle

• Haha 1
  • Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coburn will win it. 

I'd still rather keep squad turnover to a minimum though, if we can get by just selling Spence then that would absolutely be my favoured option.

Honestly think that was near enough a 10/10 from Howson tonight, he was absolutely excellent.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Started off with just jif lemon and sugar trying to be good but then descended into maple syrup, chocolate sauce, strawberry sauce and finally black treacle

No icecream? You heathen.

Big test tonight to see where we're at in comparison to premier league quality. If we'd of won at Barnsley i'd of been more optimistic we'd cause another upset but I think it helped bring me back down to reality. A good team performance and a respectable result and i'll be happy. I'd like to see Wilder make a few changes to the side, as Saturday is way more important.

I can’t wait for this one…it’ll be interesting to see how we perform against a premier league side. After all it is our ambition to get promoted so we should use this game to see how competitive this set of players are.

I’m hoping for a full strength team and a cracking cup tie!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Brisbrough said:

This off a Twitter account suggesting Connelly maybe not in the squad tonight? Has he picked up a knock?

E3CF0B04-5F9E-4AAE-8654-56B1FCDAE6AA.jpeg

I know it might not be much. But that looks like he’s heading to Darlington train station. So he could just be dropping her off. But we shall see tonight, but being on his phone (as it looks) isn’t sensible whilst driving 🥴

League has to be our priority - cup games against top EPL teams are great nights but playing them every week has got to be our goal. Will have a few quid on 1-0 Crooks FGS tonight but head says 0-3 1-3 sadly. Will really enjoy the game either way  

24 minutes ago, Guffie said:

I know it might not be much. But that looks like he’s heading to Darlington train station. So he could just be dropping her off. But we shall see tonight, but being on his phone (as it looks) isn’t sensible whilst driving 🥴

hopefully we have terminated his loan.

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Gazette reckon Sporar and Balogun up top with Crooks back in and Taylor at LWB.

I'd be happy with Sporar and Balogun up front but the thought of Taylor at LWB against Spurs is terrifying.

Wilder's been forced to change Taylor three games in a row now, and we've improved each time. 

If he starts him there again I'll be baffled as to what his logic is. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Wilder's been forced to change Taylor three games in a row now, and we've improved each time. 

If he starts him there again I'll be baffled as to what his logic is. 

Did we really improve last time out because CBM went on there? I thought it was much of a muchness, to be honest, didn't notice anything different in that area of the pitch. That's not a huge discredit to CBM by any means, he's a young lad who's only played once for us but I don't think he came onto the pitch and changed anything for us.

9 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Did we really improve last time out because CBM went on there? I thought it was much of a muchness, to be honest, didn't notice anything different in that area of the pitch. That's not a huge discredit to CBM by any means, he's a young lad who's only played once for us but I don't think he came onto the pitch and changed anything for us.

I thought the last half hour or so of Barnsley was far more productive and threatening than we had been up to that point especially the inept first half. I'm not claiming that CBM was a revelation but he looked more on the front foot and assured attack wise than Taylor did or has done. I think Wilder will stick with Taylor tonight but ultimately I would prefer Tav at LWB and McGree taking his place in midfield especially now Crooks is back with CBM as their back up.

Looking forward to this one. Only Boro could win this after losing to the bottom team in the championship. Bring it on. Come on BORO

10 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Win or lose, I'm going to be enjoying a highly rated Triple IPA tonight so I'll enjoy the match regardless

Now that’s what I call a proper pancake topping 😜

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I thought the last half hour or so of Barnsley was far more productive and threatening than we had been up to that point especially the inept first half. I'm not claiming that CBM was a revelation but he looked more on the front foot and assured attack wise than Taylor did or has done. I think Wilder will stick with Taylor tonight but ultimately I would prefer Tav at LWB and McGree taking his place in midfield especially now Crooks is back with CBM as their back up.

I'll back Wilder's choice either way. I just find it really hard to grumble over selection decisions when our form has been as good as it has been and in the short space of time it's taken to get us to that point. We've lost 2 of our last 3 and not to particularly great teams, especially the last one, I know why people are annoyed about those 2 results but for example, wanting to change Lumley for Brynn or Taylor for anyone else right now don't seem like decisions the manager needs to make to get better results?

Taylor in particular feels like an odd one to take a dig about, he's not making mistakes or anything. He's neat and tidy if not spectacular. The biggest mistake I think he's made was that really early booking against Blackburn and he still lasted the full 90. But he's also played the full 90 against Bournemouth, Forest, Reading, Coventry and Derby, all games we won. He also played the full 90 at QPR (where even the opposition fans believed they were lucky to get a point because we were so good) and wasn't he the one who forced the own goal to bring it to 2-2? And he also played 90 of the 120 at Old Trafford before Peltier came on in extra time.

Lumley has made some errors but as I've said before, I think he's the best we have and I'm not convinced its the right time to be throwing a young lad in during a promotion charge in the hope it changes our very recent fortunes. For what it's worth, Lumley was pretty solidly a lot of people's man of the match in the Coventry game too which was only a month ago.

• Like 3
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Tottenham Hotspur (FA Cup) 1-0 (Coburn)