oneBoro Forum

Boro v Luton Town 2-1 (McNair pen, Watmore)

We mustn't lose because of loose passing.

[This would have made more sense if it had appeared on the same page as previous quotes, but I don't know how to quote multiple posts]

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The world is covered by 73 % water ... The rest is covered by Jonny Howson!  Massive result .. Almost as massive as Paddy's ding dong ..  Lumley might be ok after all ..  Results went o

So apparently we have won 8 at home in a row including a rather impressive performance against Spurs! This allows me to be more scientific about the impending defeat at home vs Luton. Utilising t

Teams: Boro v Luton Town Location: The Riverside Stadium Competition: The Championship Date: Saturday 5th March 2022 Time: 15:00   Introduction Against all odds, I’m

Posted Images

This is fast becoming a muct win game. The teams around us will gain points this round. Huddersfield and QPR look odds on to win and then Sheffield-Forest will give at least a point to one of the teams. Luton are two points ahead of us and we have three away games in a row after this with Sheffield away on tuesday. We simply have to win this game to keep up with the playoffs. There are so many teams in with a chance of the playoffs that we can't afford to lose this one. The pressure is on.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

This is fast becoming a muct win game. The teams around us will gain points this round. Huddersfield and QPR look odds on to win and then Sheffield-Forest will give at least a point to one of the teams. Luton are two points ahead of us and we have three away games in a row after this with Sheffield away on tuesday. We simply have to win this game to keep up with the playoffs. There are so many teams in with a chance of the playoffs that we can't afford to lose this one. The pressure is on.

Massive and Luton will give us as hard a game as any of late

6 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Yes we need to up our  game from Barnsley, Luton are fast and direct and in your face and certainly gave us a spanking at Kenilworth Road.

As far as attendance is concerned well put one more to that as I am coming up for the game so anyone who wants to meet up at the 6 Medals  then I would be pleased to see you.

@Denzel Zanzibar if you are able to then come and say hello🙃

Sadly I'll be working as usual but even if I wasn't I'd rather be seen dead than go to the Six Medals, awful identikit Marston's pub, microwaved food and even worse beer! 

How come you never see people walking down the street eating from a can of Pringles? You often see people munching from a packet of crisps while out and about but the general consensus is that Pringles are very much an "indoor" snack.

Having said that, Pringles rather famously came up with these bad boys in the 90s, so obviously they deem 10-15 Pringles to be a socially acceptable amount of dehydrated potato based snack to consume Al Fresco.

popbox7.jpg.8c5860ee75268af1b424a841cd6e0554.jpg

They also sell Pringles in these size tins too (pictured here is Texas BBQ Sauce, universally acknowledged as the best flavour Pringle.)

5053990107278_T1-copy.thumb.png.41dc04b6a9d83faabe66816226ad0e88.png

I guess these little cans are for people who don't want to be seen pulling a little plastic container from their pocket with a pathetic amount of Pringles inside? Annoyingly, they don't fit inside a coat pocket, unless you're wearing a huge raincoat with those big pockets. However, if you're wearing one of those coats then it's usually because it's raining, and what kind of maniac eats Pringles in the rain?

Anyway, Luton. 

Have to win, don't we? 

And I think we will continue the home winning streak with a 2-1 victory.

• Haha 4

Talking Points

-        Will Coburn get a start?

Unlikely...but I wouldn't complain if he comes on as an impact sub, if needed.

-        If Tottenham could only have one current Boro player in their team, who would it be?

They probably wish they had a midfielder like Howson.

-        Will Lumley continue his good form from the last ¾ of a game?

Sod's Law says he will go back to being a useless donkey. But you never know - he could surprise us.

-        Will anyone need a rest after last night’s efforts? Crooks, Howson, McNair?

Unfortunately I think our entire midfield and defence will need resting - particularly the three players mentioned. But knowing Wilder he will limit changes to just 2 or 3.

-        Score, Team and formation?

Formation is a given, but I would go with something like this, knowing a lot of the lads will still be knackered. Luton are in a good run of form, so would be happy with a draw. I'll say Boro 1 - 1 Luton.

723235422_BorovLuton.png.3cc3b4710e52eac2fa900adc08ef77fd.png

• Like 1

No, but I think he's earned the chance to come on as first sub.

-        If Tottenham could only have one current Boro player in their team, who would it be?

Lumley. He's as Spursy as you get.

Probably not but hopefully he'll take confidence from it and improve.

-        Will anyone need a rest after last night’s efforts? Crooks, Howson, McNair?

McNair might have a knock but really we don't have the back-ups to rest anyone.

Optimistic 2-0. I actually think Luton will push us really hard but I think we're due a performance where we play well against a pressing side.

We all know the formation. I'm expecting the same starting 11 as against Spurs injuries aside. Might see Connolly and McGree back on the bench depending on injuries. I don't think Bola will start as he has been brought back too soon in the past. I have a little feeling that Connolly's injury might work as a pretext to gradually ease him out of the picture. Possibly a very strong bench

Daniels, Bola, Peltier, Bamba, McGree, Balogun, Coburn

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Talking Points

Unlikely...but I wouldn't complain if he comes on as an impact sub, if needed.

They probably wish they had a midfielder like Howson.

Sod's Law says he will go back to being a useless donkey. But you never know - he could surprise us.

Unfortunately I think our entire midfield and defence will need resting - particularly the three players mentioned. But knowing Wilder he will limit changes to just 2 or 3.

Formation is a given, but I would go with something like this, knowing a lot of the lads will still be knackered. Luton are in a good run of form, so would be happy with a draw. I'll say Boro 1 - 1 Luton.

723235422_BorovLuton.png.3cc3b4710e52eac2fa900adc08ef77fd.png

I take it you're not serious with that defense?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I guess these little cans are for people who don't want to be seen pulling a little plastic container from their pocket with a pathetic amount of Pringles inside? Annoyingly, they don't fit inside a coat pocket, unless you're wearing a huge raincoat with those big pockets. However, if you're wearing one of those coats then it's usually because it's raining, and what kind of maniac eats Pringles in the rain?

I imagine you probably have - at least once... 😁

I mean how can you call yourself a "Crisp Fiend" if you haven't?

I'm actually picturing you out and about with a couple of bandoliers slung over your shoulders, filled with those little Pringles Pods. 😁

Edited by AnglianRed
33 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Sadly I'll be working as usual but even if I wasn't I'd rather be seen dead than go to the Six Medals, awful identikit Marston's pub, microwaved food and even worse beer! 

How come you never see people walking down the street eating from a can of Pringles? You often see people munching from a packet of crisps while out and about but the general consensus is that Pringles are very much an "indoor" snack.

Having said that, Pringles rather famously came up with these bad boys in the 90s, so obviously they deem 10-15 Pringles to be a socially acceptable amount of dehydrated potato based snack to consume Al Fresco.

popbox7.jpg.8c5860ee75268af1b424a841cd6e0554.jpg

They also sell Pringles in these size tins too (pictured here is Texas BBQ Sauce, universally acknowledged as the best flavour Pringle.)

5053990107278_T1-copy.thumb.png.41dc04b6a9d83faabe66816226ad0e88.png

Anyway, Luton. 

Have to win, don't we? 

And I think we will continue the home winning streak with a 2-1 victory.

Have to agree regarding the Six Medals. Get yourself down Baker Street.

If you're going to a pub outside the stadium on a matchday and expecting some kind of fancy banquet, I think you're crackers. Six Medals is fine, I wouldn't go there for a day out but it's a sound pub for a couple of pre-match beers 5 minutes from the stadium without being completely overwhelmed by people. I've never been in the Navi but I walk past it every matchday and that one always looks like it's bursting at the seams.

• Like 2

Its Statting Time!

Overall:     W10  D8  L14

Home:      W6   D4  L5

Away:        W4   D4  L9

Hard to believe Boro and Luton have only played each other 32 times in over 100 years. But to give this some context, before the 2019-20 Championship season, you have to go back to 1995 and the old Division 1 to find the next instance when both clubs were in the same league.

While the overall stats don't look great, home or away, the last 10 times Boro have hosted the Hatters, (going back to 27th March 1971), 😯 the results are as follows: W5 D3 L2.

This season's form looks as follows:

Boro Home: W9 D1 L2

Luton Away: W5 D4 L5

While Boro have been strong at Fortress Riverside for much of the season, Luton have a respectable record on the road and are currently enjoying a good run of form, winning 4 out of their last 5 league games.

Given the toll the Spurs game will have taken on our players, I'll be happy with a point from this one.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Humpty said:

Have to agree regarding the Six Medals. Get yourself down Baker Street.

Bare in mind the distance Matt and parking up. As wilson says it is convenient to pop into for a pint or two before the match and conveniently placed without too many packed in.

Don't let @SmogDane read your comments about the food , he simply loves the place!😀

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Its Statting Time!

Overall:     W10  D8  L14

Home:      W6   D4  L5

Away:        W4   D4  L9

Hard to believe Boro and Luton have only played each other 32 times in over 100 years. But to give this some context, before the 2019-20 Championship season, you have to go back to 1995 and the old Division 1 to find the next instance when both clubs were in the same league.

While the overall stats don't look great, home or away, the last 10 times Boro have hosted the Hatters, (going back to 27th March 1971), 😯 the results are as follows: W5 D3 L2.

This season's form looks as follows:

Boro Home: W9 D1 L2

Luton Away: W5 D4 L5

While Boro have been strong at Fortress Riverside for much of the season, Luton have a respectable record on the road and are currently enjoying a good run of form, winning 4 out of their last 5 league games.

Given the toll the Spurs game will have taken on our players, I'll be happy with a point from this one.

I don't know Luton ran themselves ragged against Chelsea and have injuries now plus we have had one extra day to recover

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Silvio_Dante said:

Luton goalie Steer getting stretchered off against Chelsea

When has a reserve/back up Keeper ever had a worldie playing against the Boro at the Riverside (apart from just about every time)?

• Like 2
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Luton Town 2-1 (McNair pen, Watmore)