oneBoro Forum

Boro v Luton Town 2-1 (McNair pen, Watmore)

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The world is covered by 73 % water ... The rest is covered by Jonny Howson!  Massive result .. Almost as massive as Paddy's ding dong ..  Lumley might be ok after all ..  Results went o

So apparently we have won 8 at home in a row including a rather impressive performance against Spurs! This allows me to be more scientific about the impending defeat at home vs Luton. Utilising t

Teams: Boro v Luton Town Location: The Riverside Stadium Competition: The Championship Date: Saturday 5th March 2022 Time: 15:00   Introduction Against all odds, I’m

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I shall do it today

Somehow I think the post count will be massive, the game most of us are waiting to unfold why the Luton thread was down by hundreds is well beyond me, I tried to keep t going but found it hard😑

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Somehow I think the post count will be massive, the game most of us are waiting to unfold why the Luton thread was down by hundreds is well beyond me, I tried to keep t going but found it hard😑

Not enough crisp discussion

Our next 4 league games are all away with Fulham being our next home game which just shows how vital it is that we get back yo winning ways on the road.

These next 5 games could be a major factor in weather or not we will be in the playoff picture

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Downsouth said:

Everyone's still hungover from Tuesday mate, my work's filed a missing person's report. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Not enough crisp discussion

Once we saw the size of Paddy's Wotsit, not much left to say

However, just to waffle a bit more, got a Kit Kat the other day that was all chocolate and no wafer. Sadly no evidence left other than my word, but it was good while it lasted 🙂 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

Once we saw the size of Paddy's Wotsit, not much left to say

However, just to waffle a bit more, got a Kit Kat the other day that was all chocolate and no wafer. Sadly no evidence left other than my word, but it was good while it lasted 🙂 

This happened to me with a Kit Kat chunky once.

Genuinely the best day of my life

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

This happened to me with a Kit Kat chunky once.

Genuinely the best day of my life

I can top that. 
Woke up one morning and really fancied a bacon, egg butty. So I went to the shop and bought a 6 pack of thick cut bacon which had 7 rashers in it- Bonus and when I cracked the egg it was only a double yoker…. Seriously considered going back to bed as the day wasn’t gonna get any better than that 👍

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Uwe said:

I can top that. 
Woke up one morning and really fancied a bacon, egg butty. So I went to the shop and bought a 6 pack of thick cut bacon which had 7 rashers in it- Bonus and when I cracked the egg it was only a double yoker…. Seriously considered going back to bed as the day wasn’t gonna get any better than that 👍

Haha you really should have gone to bed. The way your day was going you probably would have found two naked supermodels waiting in your bed to have a threesome with you

27 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

... two naked supermodels waiting in your bed to have a threesome with you

Even better, they were a double yolker as well, so they're twins!

I actually found this game pretty entertaining! I think it might have been because my American wife, kids and mother-in-law (visiting) love the commentators (very different from American commentators 😂). They love the banter. They also love the Boro accent (honestly, they love the area...whenever we go home they just absorb as much as they can).

We knocked the ball around well at times, and I could see what we were trying to do (even if it didn't always come off). Maybe the bar has just been set low for me after the last few years of turgid football, but I am just enjoying watching some real games. Even the games we have lost have been entertaining (albeit infuriating).

I cannot get over the transformation in Howson. I really thought he was finished when Warnock was manager. I seem to remember a thread where someone was explaining how Howson hid from the ball as a defensive midfielder. Anyway, when NW was manager I was hoping we would replace him, but he has been incredible recently. Tav has also been immense. It's been great to see him blossom with a consistent run in the team and a consistent position and assignment. The team spirit seems great and the bond between the fans and team looks great. The players all seem like they want to be playing for the club.

Some big games coming up! UTB!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smoggy-in-VA said:

I actually found this game pretty entertaining! I think it might have been because my American wife, kids and mother-in-law (visiting) love the commentators (very different from American commentators 😂). They love the banter. They also love the Boro accent (honestly, they love the area...whenever we go home they just absorb as much as they can).

We knocked the ball around well at times, and I could see what we were trying to do (even if it didn't always come off). Maybe the bar has just been set low for me after the last few years of turgid football, but I am just enjoying watching some real games. Even the games we have lost have been entertaining (albeit infuriating).

I cannot get over the transformation in Howson. I really thought he was finished when Warnock was manager. I seem to remember a thread where someone was explaining how Howson hid from the ball as a defensive midfielder. Anyway, when NW was manager I was hoping we would replace him, but he has been incredible recently. Tav has also been immense. It's been great to see him blossom with a consistent run in the team and a consistent position and assignment. The team spirit seems great and the bond between the fans and team looks great. The players all seem like they want to be playing for the club.

Some big games coming up! UTB!!!

I think it was mine after the defeat to Blackpool at home I remember roasting him and mcnair over it on here when I got back from the game. I'm completely amazed by the turnaround in Howsons game. Obviously he's in great form right now and we can't expect him to play like this every week but even if he drops off 25% he's still one of the better midfielders in the division going off his performances since wilder came in. Can't fault any of the midfielders they have all been excellent in different ways and are forming a good unit. 

Another win while not at our best is very important for us. Basically the strikers are killing us atm. Id really like to see us play watmore and coburn at sheff utd they are our two most dangerous right now. Balogun is still contributing even though overall he's struggling a bit but Connolly just looks out of his depth.

If we can find the right combination up top I'm very hopeful we can go up this season.

• Like 1