oneBoro Forum

Sheffield Utd v Boro 4-1 (Balogun)

We underwhelmed against Barnsley, deservedly beat Spurs and had to grind out a result in a battle against Luton. Who knows which Boro side will turn up or indeed which Blades side which I guess is why the Championship Play offs is still wide open down to as low as even Blackpool in 14th.

• Like 1
  • Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This better not continue next season or Wilder can pack his bags.

Just got home tonight and to say i am embarrassed to be a boro fan tonight is understatement. Not because of the result or performance as that was bad day at office and can happen but the behaviour of

Payeros and Mcgrees injuries have certainly come at a very bad time. Payero especially would have seen plenty of minutes over the last month. What a shame. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I've enjoyed the last two days of relaxation and relief whilst we've been sat in the top 6.

Would really love another 3 days of that with a win tonight.

Yes it's all getting pretty meaningful now, hopes raised or hopes dashed

We're 1-0 against Uniteds away from home and 3-0 against Uniteds this season, so if we carry on this form there's no way we wont beat United again tonight. UTB!

• Like 1

Yes it is on behind the Red Button before somebody asks! 7.40pm Cork Time

Really looking forward to this one. I wonder before every game where the goals are gonna come from but i have a feeling our old friend OG might get on the scoresheet tonight. I would be delighted with a point TBH. Sporar & Watmore to start? Hopefully  Bola should take Taylors place but doubt if that will happen.

I have a feeling we'll win this one. United seem to see this as an emotionally charged fixture. I wonder if some of their fans/ players are more focused on Wilder than the actual match. Might play into our hands.

24 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

I have a feeling we'll win this one. United seem to see this as an emotionally charged fixture. I wonder if some of their fans/ players are more focused on Wilder than the actual match. Might play into our hands.

Why is it emotionally charged? I know he was with them and obviously did very well up to COVID but what makes it charged in this way?

Really important game this one, not from a ‘it’s Sheffield United’ point of view.  Lose this one and it could push us down a bit, this part of the season is going to be about momentum and keeping up with the wins.  Defo pressure on them as it’s Wilders return, I also think the Boro lads will want to do something for Wilder and make sure it’s a win.

might just be wishful thinking 😂

11 minutes ago, Whoppy said:

Why is it emotionally charged? I know he was with them and obviously did very well up to COVID but what makes it charged in this way?

He was their manager for 5 years, from Sheffield, and took them from League One to the Premier League in only 3 seasons.

He was their best manager in many years, and he left during lockdown without the fans ever getting a chance to say goodbye.

It's bound to have a lot of feeling.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Sheffield Utd v Boro 4-1 (Balogun)