• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This better not continue next season or Wilder can pack his bags.

Just got home tonight and to say i am embarrassed to be a boro fan tonight is understatement. Not because of the result or performance as that was bad day at office and can happen but the behaviour of

Payeros and Mcgrees injuries have certainly come at a very bad time. Payero especially would have seen plenty of minutes over the last month. What a shame. 

Posted Images

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Sometimes our patient play can be so frustrating when it leads to nothing at the edge of the box.

I don't think we've scored a single goal from outside the box under Wilder, and I think that's because he's told players to stop with the long range shots.

There's been plenty of moments already where the shout for shooting has come from the stands that has been ignored for the benefit of us though, too. Reading at home it happened twice, I believe?

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

There's been plenty of moments already where the shout for shooting has come from the stands that has been ignored for the benefit of us though, too. Reading at home it happened twice, I believe?

Oh, it definitely happens loads, and I've been made to look daft on multiple occasions when I've hoped they shoot earlier, but there are also many occasions where a shot was a perfectly decent option not taken.

Just now, Duvel said:

Its not the 1970s, teams from our league don't win the FA Cup its depressing but its the reality of the modern game. 

I'd rather a good league campaign than a cup run. 

They aren’t mutually exclusive. I think people just don’t know what being a fan is any more. All about the premier league, where of course we’d get battered, relegated, then the same people would be miserable about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

We were worse in the league the season we got to the UEFA Cup final but I'd take Basel and Steaua over Schwarzer's penalty save at Man City every day of the week.

We had the players to get to the European final though, we haven't got the players to get to the FA Cup final. 

We also had a solid league position secured that season, its not really the same comparison. 

If we are going down that road I'd take the Brighton home game in 2016 over last week against Spurs. 

• Downsouth changed the title to Sheffield Utd v Boro 4-1 (Balogun)