• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WIMPY MILLWALL LIONS v THE MIGHTY LION OF THE MIGHTY BORO  Saturday 12th March 2022 Kick off: 15:00 Location: The Den   Preface: Here’s a moment I had optimistically hope

Vossen just completed his hattrick on my stream 🙌

Strange lot our supporters. We have four strikers under performing and a back line prone to error and a keeper that does pretty well at times and average in must games, but I see Lumley taking the wra

Posted Images

Well finally I am home after a nightmare homeward journey.

We were kept back from getting into the station for over an hour which then resulted in crowded trains and also the underground, which also resulted in me missing at train home by 3 minutes so an extra half hour on top of the journey.

However not all was doom and gloom because my lad managed to gain interest over the fact I had a spare ticket so I had the very pleasant company of a very nice young lady from the Barrow Boy to the game, at the game and afterwards.

So here is a promised shout out @Katie thanks for the company and spending all your time with Ethers and his little girl and I for the afternoon.

The game itself, if this was the reaction to the SU game then it was not very good was it? drab and awful match all throughout and no one from midfield to our supposed scorers coming out with any glory.

Teams know how we play and today we did not play well at all and neither did Millwall. Jones and Crooks well they have lost their mojo that is for certain, and I carefully watched Connolly who just does not seem to be aware of his team mates and how often his team mates made no effort to pass to him.

We have no plan b for when going down the wings is not working and how many touches do we need in the opposition's box? No-one wants a shot at goal do they?

It was bland timid football for 90 minutes by both teams.

Well we now have 0-0 and 1-1 and 2-2 from our trip to the Capital.

What annoyed me most was how Coventry destroyed Sheffield United.

Blah!

Wakawakawoo 

I am fed up how about you? 

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Uwe said:

*** LAST MINUTE TICKET AVAILABLE ***

Downsouth has a spare ticket (due to his son not being able to make it) he is willing to meet up at the ground ticket in hand if anyone can make it. Face value £27. 

please contact Alan if you have his number or get hold of me via here if you are interested 

Cheers Uwe 

Thanks mate but the way it worked out was great

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19989127.middlesbrough-physio-chris-moseley-struck-missile-millwall/

thought we had got past this sort of stuff...  should have known better

any away point has to be regarded as a good point.. clean sheet, hopefully no serious knocks and held our own against one of the form teams.  maybe just my own impression, but thought that for majority of game, we matched them, so draw a fair result 

5 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/19989127.middlesbrough-physio-chris-moseley-struck-missile-millwall/

thought we had got past this sort of stuff...  should have known better

any away point has to be regarded as a good point.. clean sheet, hopefully no serious knocks and held our own against one of the form teams.  maybe just my own impression, but thought that for majority of game, we matched them, so draw a fair result 

We did match them OC both teams were not good enough to win the game and not as a result of good football, they were both naff!

in that case, the traditional solution is to blame the ref for everything.  🙂  but a clean sheet is still a clean sheet, so at the moment, got to view that as a positive for an away game

• Like 1

Biggest thing is still we are still within a game of the playoffs. A QPR draw tomorrow keeps things really tight. It’s not the week we would have wanted but all in all as far as the table goes it’s not been the worse.

• Like 2

To be honest we have take 4 points from a really really tough week this week. Need to take advantage of Birmingham and Peterbrough games now before the next thought ones of Fulham Bournemouth and huddesfield 

It's weird that we're actually closer to to the play-offs than we were yesterday and I feel less confident.

We were 2 points off the top 6, it's now down to 1.

That performance on Tuesday has really dented my confidence.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

I watch a lot of premier league football and a lot of Irish international football. Probably more than you on both counts tbh. My opinion is based on the fact that he's not looked out of his depth on either stage, despite his very young age. That Is evidenced through the number of apps hes got for both as well as my own eye test. And again, I've never said he's a fantastic player. I've said I'm happy with the signing and that I think he brings more to the team overalll than watmore. I stand by that entirely.

What on earth does he bring to the team that watmore doesnt other than blank scoresheets. Watmore is better in every department. Goals, assists, pressing, carrying the ball, movement and I could go on. Connolly is an awful signing he literally has nothing about him and the sooner he is gets axed from the first team the better. Id really like to see Watmores goal involvements per minutes played stats for this season because he's the only forward we have that contributes regularly from open play 

It has been a while since I’ve commented here. I do watch diligently here however. Our defensive press is great, and I love our possession oriented game. I thought Millwall defended well against our style of play ( which is an exciting style of play). They could have scored, we could have scored. But neither did. I thought they kept up with the pace of Jones well, and we survived a few scares. Overall scrappy game, but I love our style of play. It has generally been successful and is fun to watch. Up the Boro!

• Like 5

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12564443/millwall-0-0-middlesbrough

Can't really call them highlights but I guess we were destined for a 0-0 as it has been a while.

Nothing to seperate the teams that both had very few chances.

The Den was as full as I have ever seen, promotion hopes all over the place so it seems

2 hours ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

What on earth does he bring to the team that watmore doesnt other than blank scoresheets. Watmore is better in every department. Goals, assists, pressing, carrying the ball, movement and I could go on. Connolly is an awful signing he literally has nothing about him and the sooner he is gets axed from the first team the better. Id really like to see Watmores goal involvements per minutes played stats for this season because he's the only forward we have that contributes regularly from open play 

To be fair everyone looked tired and jaded though good job Lumley was awake for his fine save

A little smile can be afforded the point at Millwall confirms that Boro CAN NOT be relegated this season.............so all to play for and congratulations to the team and UTB

Wakawakawoo

Well done Boro that's a big PHEW!😁

• Like 1