oneBoro Forum

Millwall v Boro 0-0

23 minutes ago, ladyspite said:

I wonder if its in the loan contract that some loan players have to start? Or why is not Watmore starting more games?

Wilder has made repeated references to having to manage his knee injury.

I think he's playing through the pain most matches.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WIMPY MILLWALL LIONS v THE MIGHTY LION OF THE MIGHTY BORO  Saturday 12th March 2022 Kick off: 15:00 Location: The Den   Preface: Here’s a moment I had optimistically hope

Vossen just completed his hattrick on my stream 🙌

Strange lot our supporters. We have four strikers under performing and a back line prone to error and a keeper that does pretty well at times and average in must games, but I see Lumley taking the wra

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

74pts has been the average points required to get 6th spot. It means we need 18pts from the last 30 available. Come on Boro. 

We can achieve that 💪 UTB 

• Like 1

Watmore should never be starting for us unless injuries. He's just as bad if not worse than the rest of them when he starts, he's also guaranteed to need one of the substitutions on him as his health doesn't allow over 60 mins. His headless chicken routine is half decent from the bench but that's where it ends for me.

I don't agree that a left footed centre back should be a priority come the summer unless we get a silly offer for Djiksteel or McNair. We have much bigger fish to fry.

My priorities would be Strikers > LWB (if Bola doesn't show considerable improvement/reliability) > Goalkeeper. That's assuming we also don't get Jones snatched. After I'd be considering LCB/DM. 

We seemed to settle for a point around 60 minutes yesterday, although personally I wouldn’t have done I can understand given where Millwall are. 

Birmingham away is simply a must win no matter what, anything less and suddenly there’s 5 teams between us and 6th, which I think will be too big a bridge to gap 

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

The bottom of the article also mentions strikers @Rat catcher.

I think we fans are pretty much bang on with positions the club will look at

GK, RWB, CB, LWB and CF x2.

Right wing back? Are we assuming Jones is leaving or do you mean Right centre back? 

Millwall as I pointed out before KO yesterday were top of the form table, because of our draw with them they are now "only" joint top with the Terriers. A draw away from home against the most in form team has to be a good result. It perhaps feels a little disappointing because it was only unfashionable Millwall but they are in a better vein of form than the likes of Fulham etc. 

It's become clear that Wilderball has been sussed by opposition Coaches and that things will continue to be tough until and unless we have an alternative tactic especially away from home. The Changes made yesterday helped to address some of the flaws and Peltier in particular I thought played particularly well especially considering the disappointing showing midweek.

Once again Lumley surprised and even stunned us with another decent performance. He may be the Boro Goalkeeping equivalent of Bolo Zenden!

The disturbing aspect for me is that we are only one or two injuries away from not keeping up with the others and simply falling away.

We have zilch really on the bench atm

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Duvel said:

Right wing back? Are we assuming Jones is leaving or do you mean Right centre back? 

I think we need cover for Jones. He the only RWB we have as I fully expect Spence to leave.

Dijksteel can play there but i don't think he comfortable and in any event he a right sided CB now. We cant go through a 46 game season with just one RWB imo

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

Watmore should never be starting for us unless injuries. He's just as bad if not worse than the rest of them when he starts, he's also guaranteed to need one of the substitutions on him as his health doesn't allow over 60 mins. His headless chicken routine is half decent from the bench but that's where it ends for me.

I don't agree that a left footed centre back should be a priority come the summer unless we get a silly offer for Djiksteel or McNair. We have much bigger fish to fry.

My priorities would be Strikers > LWB (if Bola doesn't show considerable improvement/reliability) > Goalkeeper. That's assuming we also don't get Jones snatched. After I'd be considering LCB/DM. 

Can’t agree with your Watmore comment. He’s clearly our most productive forward of the 4. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I think we need cover for Jones. He the only RWB we have as I fully expect Spence to leave.

Dijksteel can play there but i don't think he comfortable and in any event he a right sided CB now. We cant go through a 46 game season with just one RWB imo

Yes we need another option as Jones looks like he needs a short break. We have no good options though so if he got injured it would screw us up completely. 

• Like 1