• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WIMPY MILLWALL LIONS v THE MIGHTY LION OF THE MIGHTY BORO  Saturday 12th March 2022 Kick off: 15:00 Location: The Den   Preface: Here’s a moment I had optimistically hope

Vossen just completed his hattrick on my stream 🙌

Strange lot our supporters. We have four strikers under performing and a back line prone to error and a keeper that does pretty well at times and average in must games, but I see Lumley taking the wra

Posted Images

We were heavy underdogs in the betting against Sheffield with about a 25% of winning that before kick off. In this one we're ever so slightly favourites. 2 or 3 points from these two fixtures was what I was hoping for. Millwall had 0 shots against Blackburn so I'm thinking a 0-0 draw here.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

As much as I never thought I would think it let alone type it Lumley isn't our problem at the minute. The last few games he has done as well as I could have expected. In fact I'm even coming round to thinking that if he keeps it up then he may be OK long term. I remember Schwarzer having a few nervous Nelly moments at the start of his Riverside career,  he couldn't even reach the half way line with his goal kicks.

All we need now is for Balogun and Connolly to have their Damascene moments and who knows? OK maybe that last bit is too far fetched but they can't be as bad as they have been forever surely?

Yeah I can't believe those league 1 strikers made us concede 4 goals on Tuesday, awful

3 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

He isn't the problem until he is... If Lumley doesn't make at least a couple more high-profile, point-losing errors before the end of the season then I'll happily eat my words. But people were saying he was doing alright before the QPR game.

I don't know about the strikers, part of me thinks they've been poor then part of me thinks how many chances have we actually created for Balogun to show his finishing off... And what's Connolly meant to do with balls cannoned at his face. Sporar's finishing has been awful though.

All three are leaving in the summer and I don't predict too many tears will be shed when they do.

Don't be too surprised if we try to sign Connolly on a permanent and try to get Balogun back on another season long loan.

Especially if we don't go up.

Also we still have to sign JLS if we reach the playoffs.

I think Sporar is gone in the summer, though.

• Angry 1
  • Wow 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Don't be too surprised if we try to sign Connolly on a permanent and try to get Balogun back on another season long loan.

Especially if we don't go up.

Also we still have to sign JLS if we reach the playoffs.

I think Sporar is gone in the summer, though.

I'd take Balogun on a season loan to be fair.

Really hope that's not true about Connolly and JLS!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah I can't believe those league 1 strikers made us concede 4 goals on Tuesday, awful

Nobody has mentioned  or even insinuated on here that they made us concede 4 goals on Tuesday but remind us all again how many goals those two "Strikers" have chipped in with?

I make it two, one a deflection off a defender from a miss hit shot that put it on target and the other a slip from a Goalkeeper who ended up on his backside. That's two goals in twenty games between them from our so called "Strikers" neither of which was down to their skill or ability.

What would be your starting 11?

Do you know, I would give the team that played midweek an absolute bollocking of the highest possible order...and then tell them to go out and redeem themselves on Saturday. If by half time they're not playing vastly better than they did against Sheff U, sub off the three worst performers.

Having said that, I'd quite happily never see Lee "how do I throw the ball again?" Peltier in a Boro shirt again. He's never impressed me, but he was appropriately gash against the Blades.

Will Sporar regain his confidence and finish the season on 15 goals?

I don't think so, no. He's going to join that long and illustrious list of strikers who had a half-decent start with us and then seemingly couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo. I'd be playing Coburn and Watmore from the start if I didn't feel Connolly and Sporar had so much to prove.

Who else did we nearly sign when we signed Saville from Millwall?

Wait, I know this! Was it Djed Spence, the wing wizard we loved and lost? Or Gregg Wallace, who has a Millwall tattoo?

How many will we win by?

You have to dream, don't you? I think it'll be a draw - if we lose again, the points we've gifted to rivals and the confidence damage we'll have inflicted on ourselves will probably make the play-offs unlikely. If we win, we'll be back in the hunt at least.

Lumley,

Dijksteel, Fry, McNair (Bamba in for Dijksteel if still ill)

Jones, Crooks, Howson, Tav, Taylor

Coburn, Watmore

I doubt it, he is really struggling since is partnership with Watmore was broken up. Looks to have lost his belief and with it desire.

Think we had an offer turned down for Jed Clampett from the Beverly Hillbillies. Shame really, ran around a lot for a geriatric and couldn't score in the Bongo, ticked a lot of our Recruitment teams boxes on paper.

How many will we win by?

As we are now more Spursy than Spurs themselves we will probably win 1-2. No chance that he won't be playing so the first will be a Connolly shot deflecting off a corner flag and hitting a seagull on the backside, coming off the underside of the bar. The winner will be a Jones cross with Crooks storming in to score.

Since it's not advised to drink at the pubs around the ground, does anyone know of any good pubs for some pre match drinks in the surrounding areas thats good for away fans? I've heard London Bridge is probably my best bet

47 minutes ago, ThisIzLeon said:

Since it's not advised to drink at the pubs around the ground, does anyone know of any good pubs for some pre match drinks in the surrounding areas thats good for away fans? I've heard London Bridge is probably my best bet

We use the Barrow Boy near the station just at the beginning of the bridge

• Like 1
On 3/9/2022 at 8:37 PM, marvin said:

Depending on injuries

Lumley

Dijksteel - Fry - McNair

Jones - Crooks - Howson - Tav - Taylor

Watmore - Balogun

Strongly tempted though to start 3-4-3

Lumley

Dijksteel - Fry - McNair

Jones - Crooks - Howson - Tav

Watmore - Sporar - Balogun

I think he'll improve a bit and get into double figures

This answer deliberately left blank

How many will we win by?

I think we may win by 0.

Wilder has now had more games than Warnock this season. in 18 games we've collected 1.83 points per game: if this had been over the full 35 games we'd currently be sitting second on 64 points (Bournemouth would have games in hand). This would increase to the magic 2 points per game if we include Cup wins.

The fact that we'd only need to retain these levels next season to be in the top 2 even though most of us can see obvious flaws in the team are very encouraging. Wilder will have a chance to rectify these weaknesses in the summer and hopefully has a war chest from a Spence transfer.

The fact that playoffs were almost an impossibility when Wilder comes in means that for me even being in the run in at this stage is a successful season, having said that lets push on and finish in the playoffs ready for a push the automatics next season, UTB!

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

McGree missing tomorrow as well.

I suspect we won't see him this month.

Wilders just said they're not expecting him back until after the international break this morning.

What a shame.

• Downsouth changed the title to Millwall v Boro 0-0