oneBoro Forum

Millwall v Boro 0-0

1 hour ago, sackrobson2 said:

Yes we need another option as Jones looks like he needs a short break. We have no good options though so if he got injured it would screw us up completely. 

Don't we have the highly rated Joe Gibson coming along to do just that.

Sam Foloran is out on loan but may be coming to the end of his contract.  He made the first team ahead of Jones, don't forget

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WIMPY MILLWALL LIONS v THE MIGHTY LION OF THE MIGHTY BORO  Saturday 12th March 2022 Kick off: 15:00 Location: The Den   Preface: Here’s a moment I had optimistically hope

Vossen just completed his hattrick on my stream 🙌

Strange lot our supporters. We have four strikers under performing and a back line prone to error and a keeper that does pretty well at times and average in must games, but I see Lumley taking the wra

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

Watmore should never be starting for us unless injuries. He's just as bad if not worse than the rest of them when he starts, he's also guaranteed to need one of the substitutions on him as his health doesn't allow over 60 mins. His headless chicken routine is half decent from the bench but that's where it ends for me.

I don't agree that a left footed centre back should be a priority come the summer unless we get a silly offer for Djiksteel or McNair. We have much bigger fish to fry.

My priorities would be Strikers > LWB (if Bola doesn't show considerable improvement/reliability) > Goalkeeper. That's assuming we also don't get Jones snatched. After I'd be considering LCB/DM. 

If that is your assessment of watmore who has been very good for us this season you must hate the other 3 senior strikers at the club because he's better than all of them by a long way.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Didn't watch the game .. 

Could someone please tell me the headlines ... 

Did we play well? 

And so on .. 

Thanks in advance

0-0 was the right result.

A niggly game of few real chances.

But Millwall have been getting results everywhere right now and some results went our way, so it wasn't the worst point.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

0-0 was the right result.

A niggly game of few real chances.

But Millwall have been getting results everywhere right now and some results went our way, so it wasn't the worst point.

Who stood out from our team both good and bad?

8 hours ago, TLF10 said:

74pts has been the average points required to get 6th spot. It means we need 18pts from the last 30 available. Come on Boro. 

When you say average, over what period? 
We are dropping valuable points especially away but 1.66 average points per game is durable but challenging as we are running at 1.55.  I say challenging because I feel teams have sussed us out and we don’t have a plan B. Midfield have gone AWOL and the strike force have yet to turn up. 

Edited by sanddancer
1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Crooks doesn’t look fit. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s carry a knock.

Probably still feeling the impact of that tackle against Spurs, along with the fixture build up.

1 hour ago, sanddancer said:

When you say average, over what period? 
We are dropping valuable points especially away but 1.66 average points per game is durable but challenging as we are running at 1.55.  I say challenging because I feel teams have sussed us out and we don’t have a plan B. Midfield have gone AWOL and the strike force have yet to turn up. 

Since championship began in 2004 I read. Last year 71pts would have got you 6th.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, kentucky said:

Fry finally looked like a centre back yesterday, some games he looks half asleep.

Fry has looked every bit like one of the best defenders in the division for 90% of the time Wilder has been in charge. He's had his off days but I can't think of many games where he has stood out as the weak link, especially playing in the middle of the back 3. When he's not played well, there's a fair few others who you could argue have played as bad or worse. Never mind just in this league but he's also played very well against two of the best strikers in the business, especially considering his lack of top-division experience. So I'm not sure about the insinuation of the word 'finally' in this comment.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Fry has looked every bit like one of the best defenders in the division for 90% of the time Wilder has been in charge. He's had his off days but I can't think of many games where he has stood out as the weak link, especially playing in the middle of the back 3. When he's not played well, there's a fair few others who you could argue have played as bad or worse. Never mind just in this league but he's also played very well against two of the best strikers in the business, especially considering his lack of top-division experience. So I'm not sure about the insinuation of the word 'finally' in this comment.

Barnsley he struggled. Other than that he's been in our best 3 or 4 players every game this season never mind under wilder.

• Like 2

Apart from the first goal conceded against Sheffield and the entire team debacle at Barnsley Fry has looked one of the best defenders in the league ever since Wilder came in. He is perfect for the role and bar some incredible luck in the transfermarket we're never going to get anyone better. Best hope he wants to stay.

Anyway just seen the highlights, så thats the only reference I have of the game. Looks like we should have won it in first half with a couple of decent chances and Tav's free kick. From the footage it looked like we didn't come out well for the second half and Millwall could well have scored.

A point on the road is decent after three straight losses.