oneBoro Forum

Millwall v Boro 0-0

Destined to be a tough game, but as usual a win would be massive and guarantee we gain on at least one team.

Could rise to anywhere between 4th and 7th depending on results.

I just want us to break that growing narrative away from home, put in a performance like we did against QPR, but cut out the howlers and we should win.

• Like 2
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WIMPY MILLWALL LIONS v THE MIGHTY LION OF THE MIGHTY BORO  Saturday 12th March 2022 Kick off: 15:00 Location: The Den   Preface: Here’s a moment I had optimistically hope

Vossen just completed his hattrick on my stream 🙌

Strange lot our supporters. We have four strikers under performing and a back line prone to error and a keeper that does pretty well at times and average in must games, but I see Lumley taking the wra

Posted Images

What would be your starting 11?

Same as last game i reckon. I'm sure they'll have been given a rollocking after the other night. From the presser, its clear that Wilder is determined to stick with his attacking tactics and team away from home, so i dont think we'll see much in the way of changes 

Will Sporar regain his confidence and finish the season on 15 goals?

No. 

Who else did we nearly sign when we signed Saville from Millwall?

Gromit?

How many will we win by?

I think it'll be a draw. 2-2. Millwall shouldn't be as tough as Sheffield, but their place is always though to play at and they have been on a good run recently. 

I recall Karanka's boring Boro done a demolition job at the Den a few years back, December 2014 scoring five goals. I hope we are due something similar from a Wilder side soon although I have no idea who would score apart from Crooks and Watmore, maybe two apiece and a deflected own goal from a Connolly shot heading towards the corner flag?

• Like 2

Strange lot our supporters. We have four strikers under performing and a back line prone to error and a keeper that does pretty well at times and average in must games, but I see Lumley taking the wrap again but at least it takes the crap off Tav and Connolly, well for a while anyway. 
BORO have over performed since CW arrived, we are predictable, have a leaky defence that switch’s off, prone to errors conceding daft goals. We attack down the right and, the right and some times, the right to Jones. We can’t convert from set pieces, bundle the ball into the net like a Saturday night bar fight. We start games like a diesel engine on a winter morning and predictably end games with the charge of the life brigade.

CW has not yet built his team and he is doing well with the resources at hand and if I had one criticism it would be his choice of recently signed strikers. The window and incoming players was always going to cause inconsistency with highs and lows, but I am content we can play well, create chances, but disappointed we don't convert the chances into goals, but as far as I’m concerned, getting into the play offs would be a unexpected bonus, a tremendous end to the season for the club.
I hate getting beat, get really down when stuffed but happy if we see the season out playing well and in with a chance with a trip to Wembley.
Roll on next season and start again.  

Edited by sanddancer
  • Like 6

Really need to get this monkey off or back and win away from home. Draw is not terrible but really want a win so we can start to mount or charge and cement a play of place

58 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Really need to get this monkey off or back and win away from home. Draw is not terrible but really want a win so we can start to mount or charge and cement a play of place

Two trips to the Capital produced 2 draws need the win we never get many points in London

2 hours ago, sanddancer said:

Strange lot our supporters. We have four strikers under performing and a back line prone to error and a keeper that does pretty well at times and average in must games, but I see Lumley taking the wrap again but at least it takes the crap off Tav and Connolly, well for a while anyway. 
BORO have over performed since CW arrived, we are predictable, have a leaky defence that switch’s off, prone to errors conceding daft goals. We attack down the right and, the right and some times, the right to Jones. We can’t convert from set pieces, bundle the ball into the net like a Saturday night bar fight. We start games like a diesel engine on a winter morning and predictably end games with the charge of the life brigade.

CW has not yet built his team and he is doing well with the resources at hand and if I had one criticism it would be his choice of recently signed strikers. The window and incoming players was always going to cause inconsistency with highs and lows, but I am content we can play well, create chances, but disappointed we don't convert the chances into goals, but as far as I’m concerned, getting into the play offs would be a unexpected bonus, a tremendous end to the season for the club.
I hate getting beat, get really down when stuffed but happy if we see the season out playing well and in with a chance with a trip to Wembley.
Roll on next season and start again.  

Teessiders are just strange in general. 😁

On a more serious note, I'm pretty sure this forum is much like most other football forums...full of people with differing opinions. Keeps things interesting for sure. Promotes some "lively" debate and banter.

• Like 3

I am dying for 3 points today. Just to be able to say "we can win away from home" - feel like our players need that psychological lift at this stage of the season. I'd go as far as saying that I would be very confident of reaching the play offs if we bag 3 points here - not just for the result in this game but for the lift it would give the side. If we lose... I think we'll struggle to get in. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I am dying for 3 points today. Just to be able to say "we can win away from home" - feel like our players need that psychological lift at this stage of the season. I'd go as far as saying that I would be very confident of reaching the play offs if we bag 3 points here - not just for the result in this game but for the lift it would give the side. If we lose... I think we'll struggle to get in. 

There’s always the cup…all I ask is that no one gets injured today ahead of our FA cup tie.  

• Like 1

Hate to put a downer on the more optimistic of you, but history and form are not on Boro's side today.

Overall:    W25 D15 L20

Home:      W17 D8 L4

Away:       W8 D7 L16

Boro's last 10 trips to The Den, stretching back to 24th August 2010, have yielded the following results: W5 D1 L4. Seems we either win or lose these fixtures.

Moreover the clubs' respective home and away form this season does not make encouraging reading:

Millwall Home:    W8 D4 L2

Boro Away:          W4 D3 L8

Safe to say the odds are not in our favour. The only thing that is (hopefully) is that the lads are still smarting from the Sheffield game and that Wilder has managed to find some suitable motivational words to ensure we get a better performance today.

I'll be more than happy to just avoid another defeat.

*** LAST MINUTE TICKET AVAILABLE ***

Downsouth has a spare ticket (due to his son not being able to make it) he is willing to meet up at the ground ticket in hand if anyone can make it. Face value £27. 

please contact Alan if you have his number or get hold of me via here if you are interested 

Cheers Uwe 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

It’s got a feeling of season defining game  today for me really need to stop this away day  rot, put in a performance and get 3 points UTB 

same general feeling mate, looking ahead im quite confident that we can win at Brum but we dont want to go into that game on the back of two poor losses if we harbour any hopes of top 6 .we need to be up for it from the kick off and not concede the first goal yet again. infact we ideally need to score early ourselves and then the game may well get easier as it developes. i wasnt annoyed at the sheff utd defeat or the scoeline , they played with too much intensity for us and had a good gameplan which was well executed. maybe its a longshot but personally , i wouldnt be surprised if they snatch the other auto place behind fulham from how things are developing. 

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Millwall v Boro 0-0