oneBoro Forum

Boro v Chelsea (FA Cup QF) 0-2

36 minutes ago, T-CIDER said:

Totally off subject, sorry guys, but has there been any update on Payero at all? It seems like he's slowly being forgotten 

Wilder has been asked about both Payero and mcgree in some recent interviews and, while I'm no closer to understanding what's wrong with Mcgree, it's been said that Payeros injury is from a tackle, and is something they can work with, but isn't due back before the international break, whereas he did say that it looked like they would of gotten Mcgree fit to play for Australia, so he can't be far away either. But the fact he missed out on a call up this time around means he's probably not quite fit enough yet. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the league, and getting out of it, is the be all and end all. But since this draw came out of the hat everything else has paled into insignificance. The dog doesn't get walked (I don't actually

Not posted on here for ages lads, but will be cheering the Boro on and watching the match on the box this evening. To everyone going to the game, have an awesome time - think this one’s ours, 1-0. UTB

The more I see of Coburn, the more I think he needs to he starting.

Posted Images

Double figure defeat for this one. Going for 11 nil Chelsea.

I always feel they beat us. Most exciting bit will be the pro Russian Chelsea fans vs the pro Ukrainian RF.

I hate Chelsea.

• Haha 2

Does anyone know if tickets are still available for this game please? A lad in gym suggested there was. Will drive to stadium and get 1 more tickrt if there is but rather not make a wasted journey there if its a sell out?

15 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Does anyone know if tickets are still available for this game please? A lad in gym suggested there was. Will drive to stadium and get 1 more tickrt if there is but rather not make a wasted journey there if its a sell out?

Its sold out mate  club announced it earlier today

16 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

Its sold out mate  club announced it earlier today

Ah thanks mate. I thought they had but lad at gym said a couple of hundred were still left. I trust you more than him. Haha. Thanks for saving me a wasted Journey.

God this is exciting, isn't it? Biggest game since Burton Albion in the quarter-finals of the League Cup.

It's kind of mad to think that I'm more optimistic about tomorrow's game than I could possibly have been for that Burton Albion game. Chelsea have some huge talent in their side, they're comfortably a top 3 side in the Prem. Putting the League Cup penalties defeat to one side, they haven't fluffed a result since Brighton away 18th Jan. They've lost one game by goals scored this year so far, which was Man City away. This is a tough, tough tie.

And lets not forget that our own form recently has not been great. Our own performances recently have been relatively poor compared to some of them under Wilder. The Brum game wasn't exactly convincing, it was just dispatching an opponent worse than us.

Not only should this be a win for Chelsea on paper, on recent form it should be a win for Chelsea.

AND YET... FA Cup. At the Riverside. Quarter Finals of the FA Cup for the first time since we were last in the Prem. Before that, it was Steve McClaren when we lost out thanks to Marlon Harewood at Villa Park in the semis and Chris Riggott missed a fantastic opportunity, I remember.

This is what football is all about and look... we're probably gonna lose. We were probably gonna lose at United though and we scrapped our way through that. We were probably gonna lose at home to Spurs and we were actually the better team. We haven't been at our best recently but our best performance in a while is the Spurs game at home. This team is gonna be up for it, surely. We will do our best to give these a game. The Riverside is gonna be packed and rocking.

Come on Boro, this is what football is all about, moments like this don't come along often enough for teams like us and I can't wait for kick-off tomorrow. COME ON!

• Like 6
6 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

God this is exciting, isn't it? Biggest game since Burton Albion in the quarter-finals of the League Cup.

It's kind of mad to think that I'm more optimistic about tomorrow's game than I could possibly have been for that Burton Albion game. Chelsea have some huge talent in their side, they're comfortably a top 3 side in the Prem. Putting the League Cup penalties defeat to one side, they haven't fluffed a result since Brighton away 18th Jan. They've lost one game by goals scored this year so far, which was Man City away. This is a tough, tough tie.

And lets not forget that our own form recently has not been great. Our own performances recently have been relatively poor compared to some of them under Wilder. The Brum game wasn't exactly convincing, it was just dispatching an opponent worse than us.

Not only should this be a win for Chelsea on paper, on recent form it should be a win for Chelsea.

AND YET... FA Cup. At the Riverside. Quarter Finals of the FA Cup for the first time since we were last in the Prem. Before that, it was Steve McClaren when we lost out thanks to Marlon Harewood at Villa Park in the semis and Chris Riggott missed a fantastic opportunity, I remember.

This is what football is all about and look... we're probably gonna lose. We were probably gonna lose at United though and we scrapped our way through that. We were probably gonna lose at home to Spurs and we were actually the better team. We haven't been at our best recently but our best performance in a while is the Spurs game at home. This team is gonna be up for it, surely. We will do our best to give these a game. The Riverside is gonna be packed and rocking.

Come on Boro, this is what football is all about, moments like this don't come along often enough for teams like us and I can't wait for kick-off tomorrow. COME ON!

In other words "fingers crossed" and cries of "I can't watch this" as you stroll outside at crucial times🙂

• Haha 1

When I was young some hundreds of decades ago, my teams were Leeds and Chelsea. I can’t remember which I followed first, Leeds when I was but a fledgling then Chelsea, or the other way round. That was before the days  I would walk from South Bank to Ayresome Park for a squeeze in to the boys end. Innocent days and no need for comments on the bold bit. From then on I was hooked line and sinker and I still blame uncle Jimmy. Jimmy was a real uncle and not like some of them many uncles that would nip into my mates house to see his mum and send him to the shop for pop and sweets. There was a shop just round the corner on Redcar road but his mum insisted he go to Teesville and by the time he got back his uncle had left. He was happy though and so was his mum because the electricity was back on. Joe my mate thought uncles in them days were multi skilled tradesmen, and maybe he was right, because I heard his anti Jean once say one of them had a very big tool that took some handling. Talking about handling I think we may need a hand to beat Chelsea today, but like Joes mum would say, if you put in a good performance everyone leaves happy. UTB! 

Edited by sanddancer
  • Haha 5

Game day! Very excited. Just wish we didn't have to wait until 17:15 for it.

1. The obvious one...will Boro make it a hat-trick of Premier League scalps?

Yep. I'm sure of it. 2-0 Boro.

2. Will the game be won in 90 minutes, Extra Time or will it go to penalties?

We'll have it wrapped up in the 90

3. Do you plan on throwing eggs at Chelsea's team bus when they rock up to the Riverside?

Better than throwing rocks at their bus when they egg up to the Riverside i suppose... 

4. Do you have any "interesting" chants to sing at the few hundred away fans (assuming they show up)?

"Uh oh, you're in troubles, someone's come along and blocked your rubles"

5. Elon Musk recently challenged Vladimir Putin to single combat on Twitter. Should Steve Gibson do the same to Roman Abramovich?

Maybe a tag team match with Leo in his corner.  

6. Your preferred starting XI?

Lumley

Jones Dijk Fry Mcnair Taylor

Crooks Howson Tav

Watmore Balogun

• Like 2

Gutted I have a dilemma of missing part of the game or get to work early to watch the whole game 😬

1. The obvious one...will Boro make it a hat-trick of Premier League scalps?

Its the first time since Mansfield we will be favourites. Playing against everyone's underdog who have made it so far without a penny to their name and were almost deprived of a flight to the game. Disney will be looking closely as to how Chelsea win against all the odds.

Out of the big 3 left in the draw i feel these would be our best chance of a win. I think as long as we don't concede early I think there's a chance we can get something out of the game. I think it could be 1-0 Boro or a comfortable 2-0 Chelsea.

2. Will the game be won in 90 minutes, Extra Time or will it go to penalties?

I think this will finish in the 90 tonight.

3. Do you plan on throwing eggs at Chelsea's team bus when they rock up to the Riverside?

I'm practicing some Chelsea songs to make them feel at home. They are complicated lyrics though so could be touch and go if I remember the words.

For help the songs I have heard have the lyrics

Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea

Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea 

4. Do you have any "interesting" chants to sing at the few hundred away fans (assuming they show up)?

See above very clever and straight to the point 

5. Elon Musk recently challenged Vladimir Putin to single combat on Twitter. Should Steve Gibson do the same to Roman Abramovich?

It would be difficult as Abramovich has been sanctioned so his pound for pound rating would be seized.

6. Your preferred starting XI?

Probably keep it the same as Tuesday bar injury. I think Crooks is overdue a good game. 

Lumley

Jones Dijk Fry Mcnair Taylor

Crooks Howson Tav

Connolly Balogun

One thing is for certain if there is any chance of beating Chelsea we have to stop them scoring first Boro getting the first goal will be massive and boy will the Boro fans urge the players on.

We have not seen the best from Jones or Crooks of late, today we will I believe especially Jones's pace which has been slower of late.

Lukaku will play today I reckon. Fry's life doesn't get any easier after marking Ronaldo and Kane!

Key battle will be Jones v Alonso... he is very slow now and you do see teams target him. Chilwell is a big loss for them.

Really hope James is still out on the right too... he's a beast. 

Don't concede early.

I’ve been waking up excited about this one all week. Can’t wait to see the Riverside rocking. Found a video on my phone from the Brighton match, the noise was unreal - let’s get in our seats early and recreate that. These games don’t come around very often, anything can happen, right? Come on!! 

• Like 1

Stephen Kenny the Republic of Ireland manager was asked why Aaron Connolly was not in the Irish squad and he said that he hasn’t been able to train due to a heel injury that he has been carrying for a few weeks now 🤷‍♂️ 

Has anyone heard about this before now?

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Blanco said:

Stephen Kenny the Republic of Ireland manager was asked why Aaron Connolly was not in the Irish squad and he said that he hasn’t been able to train due to a heel injury that he has been carrying for a few weeks now 🤷‍♂️ 

Has anyone heard about this before now?

News to me.

Probably just precautionary, as Ireland are still in with shout of winning the 6 Nations regardless. 😁

• Haha 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Chelsea (FA Cup QF) 0-2