oneBoro Forum

Boro v Chelsea (FA Cup QF) 0-2

16 hours ago, Changing Times said:

There are always war torn countries.  Why is this one more important than the others?  Why aren't we donating gate receipts every season if it's that important?  Are you actually capable of any kind of independent thinking at all or do you just think whatever you are told is the 'right' way to think?

People just follow what their home shrine (TV) tells them ..  

But anyways .. 

Back to football .. 

No need to be too optimistic, so I'll go with a  7-0 win.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the league, and getting out of it, is the be all and end all. But since this draw came out of the hat everything else has paled into insignificance. The dog doesn't get walked (I don't actually

Not posted on here for ages lads, but will be cheering the Boro on and watching the match on the box this evening. To everyone going to the game, have an awesome time - think this one’s ours, 1-0. UTB

The more I see of Coburn, the more I think he needs to he starting.

Posted Images

I do wonder if we'll get a "just stop oil" protestor at the game today, similar to the Liverpool and Everton games. It's a big profile game on TV, involving a club linked to Russia, so would be one they'll be targeting you would think. I just hope it happens when Chelsea are all over us and not the other way round!

43 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

I do wonder if we'll get a "just stop oil" protestor at the game today, similar to the Liverpool and Everton games. It's a big profile game on TV, involving a club linked to Russia, so would be one they'll be targeting you would think. I just hope it happens when Chelsea are all over us and not the other way round!

Think the fact that the tickets didn't make it to general sale would make it hard for them. Not impossible though. I'm sure the club will be wary. Bolt cutters at the ready!

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

We better get the biggest set of bolt cutters in the world ready to cut the cable tie. One of the funniest things I've seen in a long time that episode. So bizarre especially that fellas face who cut the cable tie!

Also the mechanical engineering student wanting to stop oil and gas production who tied himself to the goal post. Its like butcher protesting against the slaughter of animals.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

We better get the biggest set of bolt cutters in the world ready to cut the cable tie. One of the funniest things I've seen in a long time that episode. So bizarre especially that fellas face who cut the cable tie!

Also the mechanical engineering student wanting to stop oil and gas production who tied himself to the goal post. Its like butcher protesting against the slaughter of animals.

Think my favourite comment about the lad was 'When you order Harry Potter on Wish'

• Haha 1
18 hours ago, Changing Times said:

What about them?  And what do they have to do with the gate receipts from a football match?  It's terrible what's happening there but it's got *** all to do with tomorrow's game.  There are lots of terrible things happening all over the world, why is this one more important than the others?  What did we donate our gate receipts from previous cup runs to?  Nothing.

The club have put up prices because they claim that rising costs have left them with no other choice.  Well, one day later they are reducing their income by about half a million quid, all for a bit of good publicity.  If Gibson wants some publicity then he should feel free to donate whatever he likes to what is happening in Ukraine.  No idea why MFC should be doing it, there's no reason at all.

Too right CT...charity should begin at home, right? 🙄

All I can say is you probably should get checked by your doctor, as I get the feeling you may have a rock where your heart should be. Thousands of people all over this country (and many others) are donating money, clothes, food...in some cases hiring vans and driving to Poland, to get aid to refugees.

As you've probably also noticed, thousands have also registered to take Ukrainians into their homes.

Football clubs are a bit more limited in what they can do, but I think its a great gesture that will provide sorely needed aid...as well as being good PR for the club.

As for why we don't help everyone...thats because we can't. Not on our own anyway. Again, thats more a failure of bodies like the UN to do their job.

I dunno about anyone else, but around Christmas, when the usual flood of appeal envelopes from a multitude of charities come through the letter box, I sit and have a bit of a think before donating, as I can't afford to give to all of them.

Similarly, the Ukraine crisis is what is currently foremost in most people's minds, so thats where attention and effort will be focused.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Um...not really. Speaking as a mechanical engineer myself, the subject covers a very broad range of industries...not just petrochemical. 😉 Matter of fact petrochemical engineering is a dedicated field by itself.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Downsouth said:

If we adapt this policy moving ahead the for me Ukraine is the place to start but yes there is a good point being made in that this should not be the only deserving case

Good point, but I think there needs to be a caveat that there is an ongoing international effort to stop conflict and/or bring aid to other causes.

But it would be great if there was a Middlesbrough Charitable Trust or something that co-ordinated with organisations like the Red Cross, UNHCR or DEC.

• Like 1

The below link is just the tip of the iceberg and in my opinion the Club needs to add more content to ensure people realise just how much MFC actually do in the Teesside Community.

They do far more than just the below but it mostly goes under the radar, perhaps because of the sensitivity to many of those who they have and are helping everyday. The Club screws many things up and generally screws them up royally when they do but there is an awful lot for which they do not receive credit for.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/community/our-community-work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Too right CT...charity should begin at home, right? 🙄

All I can say is you probably should get checked by your doctor, as I get the feeling you may have a rock where your heart should be. Thousands of people all over this country (and many others) are donating money, clothes, food...in some cases hiring vans and driving to Poland, to get aid to refugees.

As you've probably also noticed, thousands have also registered to take Ukrainians into their homes.

Football clubs are a bit more limited in what they can do, but I think its a great gesture that will provide sorely needed aid...as well as being good PR for the club.

As for why we don't help everyone...thats because we can't. Not on our own anyway. Again, thats more a failure of bodies like the UN to do their job.

I dunno about anyone else, but around Christmas, when the usual flood of appeal envelopes from a multitude of charities come through the letter box, I sit and have a bit of a think before donating, as I can't afford to give to all of them.

Similarly, the Ukraine crisis is what is currently foremost in most people's minds, so thats where attention and effort will be focused.

Well said…I’d rather the club donated money to charity than spent it on paying the wages of players that never play for us. 

I get the argument that there are many other just causes but that’s really just whataboutery. It’s a marvellous gesture and it could change thousands of peoples lives. People that probably can’t believe this is happening to them.  

Who really cares about having to pay a few extra quid to watch football?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

The below link is just the tip of the iceberg and in my opinion the Club needs to add more content to ensure people realise just how much MFC actually do in the Teesside Community.

They do far more than just the below but it mostly goes under the radar, perhaps because of the sensitivity to many of those who they have and are helping everyday. The Club screws many things up and generally screws them up royally when they do but there is an awful lot for which they do not receive credit for.

https://www.mfc.co.uk/community/our-community-work

Very true. Like many clubs Boro do an awful lot of good in the local community. I don't think anyone was disputing this. 

I think the argument was about if they are prepared to make grand gestures for international aid efforts, they should do so for every crisis.

Myself I think it would be awesome if they could...though I doubt they could afford it very often. A one-off gesture is one thing. To start doing it on a regular basis is another thing entirely.

My own philosophy has always been that you can't solve the world's problems, but if you can help solve one its a start.

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Chelsea (FA Cup QF) 0-2