oneBoro Forum

Boro v Chelsea (FA Cup QF) 0-2

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

In fairness Chelsea can do this to most teams in Europe. Too big, too fast, too good 🤷‍♂️

We could try and take shots and that might give them something to think about. Chelsea will be happy watching us tippy tap back and forth around the box. We are not good enough to dictate the game and it’s exposed our back line. 

Truth is though we are in awe, lost because Chelsea are superior and strolling through the game. We possibly have two players that could may be get a game in the premier Jones and Tav.. 

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know the league, and getting out of it, is the be all and end all. But since this draw came out of the hat everything else has paled into insignificance. The dog doesn't get walked (I don't actually

Not posted on here for ages lads, but will be cheering the Boro on and watching the match on the box this evening. To everyone going to the game, have an awesome time - think this one’s ours, 1-0. UTB

The more I see of Coburn, the more I think he needs to he starting.

Posted Images

Not sure what else we could do today, as people have said we've played well but Chelsea are so good on the ball they can just play through the press. We could have sat with 10 behind the ball but I'd rather get beat by trying to be honest. 

7 minutes ago, TheJew said:

They've been crap since they came! 

Wouldnt mind keeping balogun next year but hes the only one of the 4 strikers we have that I think are worth a place in the squad next season 

6 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I say this every match we are great until about 20 yards out then clueless.

Yep. We get to the border of their penalty area then just start passing the ball from side to side, or waiting an age before putting a cross in - by which time Chelsea have got their defence sorted out.

We do the same in league games as well.

They are out-classing us...and in fairness they should. But its annoying to see us waste what possession we have had.

• Like 1

Chelsea are a top, top team in world football. This shouldn't be a surprise to anybody. 

I actually think overall, we've done ourselves relatively proud. We haven't created anything but we all know our strikers are the weak link of this team, it just stands out even more against an opponent this good. 

Some iffy defending at times, but that will happen when they get past our press and pull our remaining players inside and out.

Go out, have a second half that makes the fans proud & rest your legs for a bit to get back to the grind of the Championship.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Connollys worst game by a distance here, give him another 10 then bring watmore on.

Don't think it's a coincidence his worst game comes when he's up against Thiago Silva and Rudiger like...

God why are we not playing Cardiff today. 😒

2 strikers that are not in the game Taylor not quite sure what position he is supposed to be playing  Paddy allowing that first goal cross when he was caught day dreaming.

How can we play against a top European club with 7 players.

We need speed at the front fetch on the sub's NOW.

I knew it was gonna be one of those days when I saw Woodgate down has a EXPERT alongside Shearer. 😄

• Like 1
  • Downsouth changed the title to Boro v Chelsea (FA Cup QF) 0-2